Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #301
vierasmarius

Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Version 2.00 Beta 1
This version represents a considerable overhaul of the spreadsheet. One of the primary goals of this overhaul was to make it feasible to incorporate Smaller SM Systems and Reconfigurable Systems. Other goals were to redesign the GUI streamlining the Design Table to do away with the Vertical Scrolling. A side effect of this was to eliminate the second ship.
YES YES YES! Oh, you have made me so happy... Hopefully the macros will work with my Open Office.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #302
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
YES YES YES! Oh, you have made me so happy... Hopefully the macros will work with my Open Office.
The Refresh Rows button should work, as I've tested it and it works fine. You'll probably have to adjust security settings to allow Macros in your save folder (which is true for Office 2007 as well)

If not you can manually unhide rows, but that gets annoying, which is why I like macros :-)
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 03-21-2012 at 03:42 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #303
vierasmarius

Quote:
The Refresh Rows button should work, as I've tested it and it works fine. You'll probably have to adjust security settings to allow Macros in your save folder (which is true for Office 2007 as well)

If not you can manually unhide rows, but that gets annoying, which is why I like macros :-)
Yeah, I remember with the prior version that the Macros didn't seem to work. Where do I find the security settings, and is there a particular setting that works best?
Old 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #304
ericbsmith

Quote:
Yeah, I remember with the prior version that the Macros didn't seem to work.
That's because Excel Macros don't work in OpenOffice, and in the previous version I hadn't bothered to convert/rewrite the Macros over. I may be adding a few more Macros in the future, but right now I'm most worried about getting things working before I worry about getting them tweaked out.

Quote:
Where do I find the security settings, and is there a particular setting that works best?
Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org (left pane menu section) -> Security (menu sub-section) -> Macro Security (Button) -> Trusted Sources (Tab)
In the bottom section click Add... and add the folder in which you've saved the Spreadsheet to the Trusted Locations.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #305
ericbsmith

Just uploaded Version 2.0 beta 2, which addressed at least 4 different errors I found. Still need some feedback...
Kaboom-baya.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #306
vierasmarius

Quote:
Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice.org (left pane menu section) -> Security (menu sub-section) -> Macro Security (Button) -> Trusted Sources (Tab)
In the bottom section click Add... and add the folder in which you've saved the Spreadsheet to the Trusted Locations.
Ah, thanks a bunch, that worked.

Quote:
Just uploaded Version 2.0 beta 2, which addressed at least 4 different errors I found. Still need some feedback...
I'm trying out a build I've had in mind for a while (a transformable Mecha). I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, quick question. How easy is it for a user to go in and adjust tables? For example, I've got alternative missile stats I'm toying with for Space Opera settings. Is it possible to just alter the projectile table? Likewise for folks using the Square-Root based Beam damage or dHP tables from Pyramid 3/34.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 PM   #307
ericbsmith

Quote:
Oh, quick question. How easy is it for a user to go in and adjust tables? For example, I've got alternative missile stats I'm toying with for Space Opera settings. Is it possible to just alter the projectile table?
It all depends on what you're adjusting, and how many special rules exist about that system, but in theory most Systems and Weapons can be altered witout too much trouble. The biggest problem is in dealing with future sheet updates. The Weapons are stored in a hidden sheet called Weapons, and systems in one called SystemsV2.

Quote:
Likewise for folks using the Square-Root based Beam damage or dHP tables from Pyramid 3/34.
This I will probably incorporate into the sheet at some point in the future as it's an official "unofficial" rule.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #308
vierasmarius

Quote:
This I will probably incorporate into the sheet at some point in the future as it's an official "unofficial" rule.
Oh, excellent! So all I have to do is get my houserules published in Pyramid or in their own book, and you'll do the work for me. ;)
Old 03-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #309
vierasmarius

Okay, I think I found a bug. When a ship has both ground and air/space propulsion, it's not showing its ground perfomance on the stat line. Remove the aerospace drive and the Ground performance displays correctly. At first I thought this was an issue with the Reconfigurable Systems (ie, having different propulsion types in both slots of a RecSys) but it does the same when they are in different system slots. It seems to do it with any ground propulsion (legs, tracked, wheeled, etc) and any space-capable drive. It's not doing it with air-only drives, such as Helicopter rotors. There, it displays both Air and Ground performance. So I suspect it has to do with displaying 3+ performance types. For example, Flexibody propulsion correctly displays ground and water performance; add a Helicopter rotor and the water stats are replaced by air.

Oh, this also led me to notice another bug. Jet propulsion is incorrectly being added to Space performance.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #310
ericbsmith

There's actually hidden rows in there with room for 5 lines/10 Performance values. Refresh the Rows and they should show up.

The Jet, of course, is an annoyance. If you manually assign Air and Space Profiles then that won't happen; I'll have to see about correcting the automated behavior though.
Kaboom-baya.

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet