Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-14-2010, 02:16 AM   #1
twiggywales

Default a question regarding combat and curses

Am I correct that combat begins straight away as soon as the monster is in play.

This comes about after I was hit with a sex change and proceeded to play a plutonium dragon so I was in combat and run away knowing that it cant chase me as I was to low a level and it would remove my curse.

I think this was a fair play. But I had a bit of argie bargie with the fact that nothing could have happened so it wasn’t really combat.

(It was decided to play that combat is straight away)

this is kinda on topic, if you come across something like the stoned golem that would not fighting it still classed as combat as it was flip in to play? or is that different. (so keeping the curse or loosing it?)

Last edited by twiggywales; 06-14-2010 at 02:43 AM. Reason: EDITED FOR 1 TOPIC PER TOPIC
twiggywales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
morleydotes
Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: i have a couple of quick questions after an argument at the weekend

The way we've always played it, it the moment the monster is in play, your in combat. Either kicking in the door or looking for trouble.

Pat
morleydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #3
MunchkinMan

If you Open A Door and find a Monster, you're in combat. If you lay down a Monster to Look For Trouble, you're in combat. Even if the Monster won't pursue you (in other words, won't chase you if you have to Run Away), or will ignore you (like the Stoned Golem), or even won't fight you (e.g., Amazon), and you come up against it, you're in combat.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:22 AM   #4
twiggywales

as i suspected. thanks
twiggywales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #5
RenpaGota

My brother and I were playing the good the bad and the munchkin he used the indian to fight a monster from the discard pile, instead of knocking down the door. But still drew a card from the door. After he fought the monster from the discard door pile. he then fought another monster from his hand after that battle finished. So my question is how many times can you battle a monster in a turn. and are you allowed to draw from the door deck after using the indian ability.
RenpaGota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
bonetm

Once he used the Indian ability he can't fight another monster, nor draw a Door Card as the Loot the Room phase. If he wins, he gets Treasures as per the monster card. If he Run Away, he gets nothing....
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
Nerftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenpaGota View Post
My brother and I were playing the good the bad and the munchkin he used the indian to fight a monster from the discard pile, instead of knocking down the door. But still drew a card from the door.
He should have read a bit more carefully:

Quote:
Tracking: If the top Door discard is a monster or Steed, you may discard one card from your hand in order to fight it on your turn instead of kicking down a door.
Nerftw is offline   Reply With Quote