Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2021, 07:07 AM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Swordmage build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
"Normally, you can replace a broken or stolen gadget — although this might require significant time and effort (GM's decision)" (p. B117).

So it's already in the rules that gadget-limited traits can be transferred to new objects, and the GM sets the requirements. So all Anders has to do is specify that the power can be transferred to a new sword via the special ritual. Give the abilities the Breakable and Can Be Stolen limitations, and you're done. If these abilities are being expressed as a power, I'd probably just build the gadget limitations into the power modifier for simplicity and note the ritual transference there.

I was just going to say this. Also note that if you can't replace a gadget, you get a -25% modifier for unique, which in my opinion is the most dangerous modifier to put on a gadget.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
limitations