Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-20-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Lost in Dreams (Jack Kilpatric)

Jack Kilpatric () dreamed strangly that night -- of a strange red landscape. The dirt was red and sparsely vegatated. Folks went about their business in a town that seemed to drag along. Soldiers in what would be drab tan uniforms in another other landscape were all about, buying goods and gaurding places. Here, the tan stands out brightly from the red overtones. Everyone wears clothing as though the land is cold. In some ways the landscape reminds Jack of a western film. In other ways, its just wrong and alien.

Not far away, men work hard to fix a torn up railroad. Some of the teams are soldiers. Some of them are civilians supervised by soldiers. Horses graze on the scraggly plants.

Jack wakes to the sound of gun shots. His eyes flash open. He's in a room somewhere. There's a bed, but he's not on it. He's on the floor. and naked. The man in the bed is rising to his feet. Someone hits the floor. There are other bodies down there. And blood. And a clash of two swords together.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #2
Justin_Bedard

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jack Kilpatric)

> Jack: React.

With all the grace of a goose, Jack flails about, trying to get up. He quickly checks the entirety of the room for more details, while trying not to feel awkward from the odd situation he's in.

Once he's found out where exactly he is, Jack addresses the man on the bed if they'd spotted him.

[Vision Per Roll, uh... maybe a social roll...?]

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 01-20-2016 at 11:05 PM.
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Two men are fighting with swords. Both of the weapons are glowing brightly. And not just glowing to his eyes, but glowing to his mind as well. An odd feeling. Its quite tight in this room.

Another man with a sword has been run through with a bayonet. While the wounded man has a fading 'glow' about him, the man with the riffle did not. Everyone except the man on the bed is wearing a drab tan matching uniform. Two men are reaching to get the man on the bed. Everyone is moving as fast as they can. The bayonet man turns to look at Jack. Who says...

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-24-2016, 07:55 PM   #4
Justin_Bedard

(Sorry for the slow reply, I was busy moving this weekend...)

Jack takes in the scene with a somewhat empty expression on his face. He makes certain to get out of the way of the approaching uniformed men.

"Uh..."

If the combatants don't acknowledge Jack, he'll wait until they leave the room.

If they react with hostility, he'll start running out of the room.

If One of the uniformed men acknowledge Jack, he'll try to talk with him.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

(He's been acknowledged with body language)

"Who is he?" The man continues pointing his gun at Jack, though its held better for stabbing than shooting.

The man who was on the bed and already moving out of the room glances back as he is rushed out of the room, and though his face is surprised, he says nothing.

The two swordsmen continue their duel.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:58 PM   #6
Justin_Bedard

Jack, more than slightly confused (and just slightly frightened), raises his hands in an non-threatening manner and responds in what he thinks is a calming tone.

"Uh... I am, no one important. Could you please tell me where I am?"
Old 01-31-2016, 07:03 AM   #7
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The man with the bayonet ignores him, and turns around to attack one of the sword's man. The swords man, intent on the fierce duel, takes a blade in the ribs.

The man with the bayonet jerks his weapon out as the man hits the floor. "Leave the idiot. Lets go!"

No one answers his question.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:50 PM   #8
Justin_Bedard

Utterly Baffled, Jack watches as they leave. Now alone, he adopts a deadpan look on his face, and does the only sensible thing.

Slaps himself.

"Well. ****."

Realizing he's actually awake and not (day)dreaming, Jack assesses his situation, and decides to check the stabbed man, seeing how that's kind of a priority if he's not dead...
Old 02-12-2016, 08:27 AM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

There are multiple stabbed men -- five in all.

Only one is 'dead' quite yet, but only one is conscious. The other three are in various states of shock and in the process of bleeding to death. The last man is conscious, but may be in as much trouble as the others. He stutters as Jack looks at him "Who... Who are you?"

Old 02-12-2016, 08:59 PM   #10
Justin_Bedard

Well. He's addressing You. Say something. Struggling a little, Jack answers as calmly as he can while trying to find the stab wound.

[First-Aid Roll 5/13, (Improvised Equipment; -5. Success by 3-ish]

"UmmmMm. Just some guy. Sorry, I really don't know what's happening here, or where I am, and I'm kinda trying to not freak out or mess things up worse or anything and your -

wow, that's a lot of blood.
Uh.

One sec."

Jack goes over to the dead guy, strips any outer clothing he has, and tears a couple of strips out of the material, then begins to wrap his hands with it. Once done, he lifts the stab victim's clothing off the puncture area begins to clot the conscious man's wound. Okay, gotta stop the flow and... using his basic knowledge in first aid, Jack tries to clean, set and stop the bleeding wound.

Last edited by Justin_Bedard; 02-13-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Justin_Bedard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lost in dreams