Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams [Tereza]

"Wember... the art of high weaving? The only way to cross this desert?"

"And what do you mean by 'actress'? I've never heard that term before. Of course, You're story makes no sense, so I have to assume you were either drugged or delirious from lack of water. And yes, I've searched for hundreds of days to find this site: a depression in the desert low enough that water seeps through."

*The clothing Given to tereza is the outer robe, or rather outer robes, as there are two separate ones. One is built like a bath-robe, but with a hood and far more cloth than necessary. The other is built like a tunic, but its in far worse shape than the other.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Poonbahbah

"Huh, only weaving I know of would be with a loom."

"If I was drugged then I think that'd make you a figment of my imagination. I certainly feel like I'm tripping, sorta. At least I don't think I should be in a desert. As for an actress, they're a performer in a play. Which is a form of entertainment. A group of people act out a story for the watchers enjoyment."

"So what now?"

And she continued to dig during the conversation. Be good to have a bit of shelter before the sun comes up.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #13
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"What else do you weave with besides a loom? Wember is merely the highest form of that, [strange words she doesn't understand], to accomplish marvelous things. Such as my life in the desert."

"So you're a dancer? explains the indecency at least."

"I finish the well, you finish the shelter, I dig my own shelter, and then we sleep. We'll get picked up soon enough."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
Poonbahbah

Tereza finishes the shelter and sleeps. All the while wondering what's been lost in translation, but not feeling up to puzzling* it out just yet. She will ask if he wants to swap stories until sleep overtakes one of them, and if he agrees proceed to do so. if he doesn't she'll leave him to his thoughts.

*Making herself seem even crazier by asking Muso a lot of questions.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #15
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Muso guffahs: "Maybe tomorrow. I haven't slept in 200 days."

They fell asleep as the sun came up.

The man from the night before visited her dreams. It certainly wasn't Muso, but there was something about him that was familiar.

"It appears you are in fact a woman! sorry about last night. You umm.... are something of an exception. How under this sun can you dream walk?"

Old 06-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #16
Poonbahbah

"I know! It's alright, you were obviously upset. People tend to act like that when they're upset."

"I don't know. Am I dream walking right now? Is it related to wember? Did you call me here? Could you help me learn to dream walk properly? Do you have any questions for me?

OOC if he says that she is dream walking right now then she'll try and make her hair flame like and her skin dark like coal just to see if she can.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #17
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"No, right now I'm doing all of the dream walking. You're staying put like women usually do. It has absolutely nothing to do with wember. Where did you grow up? you don't seem to know too much. I say that from both last night and speaking with Muso. You seem to have him quite befuddled.

As for teaching you to dream walk... usually its just a matter of practice. Right now you show none of the usual signs of a dream walker, despite the fact last night you were roaming around like a lost camel. You can certainly do it. Most the time they just.... [embarrassed blush] perform the ceremony and it happens naturally, even accidentally. People guide you around, but thats after they find you wandering.

How did you end up here? Muso isn't really sure, he think's your brains have been roasted by the sun, or you were the pet of some sultan whose rivals had you dumped in the desert to die, but neither of those is consistent.

Also, who are you? I you have the gift, so what generation and branch are you from?"

Old 06-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
Poonbahbah

"I grew up in Plzeň which is a part of the Czech Republic. Which itself recently became a part of the European Union.

Let's see how much you know in a place that is not you own. And I admit I studied more liberal arts then the hard sciences in university but that doesn't mean I don't know much.

What does the ceremony entail?* I'm quite sure I did this on accident though I'd of done it sooner if I knew how.

As I told Muso I thought you had summoned me here. Sorta like in "The Surpprano Sorceress."

Huh, what gift? I'm pretty sure I'm late generation x, not that I expect that to mean much to you. As for branch, not a clue.

*Tereza will be quite dogged in getting him to answer that one with either diplomacy or fast talk or whatever else she thinks might work.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 06-21-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Ilios, as the dream walker is named, Has no idea what Czechoslovakia or indeed europe is. This doesn't seem to bother him much though, he seems to assume its "around another sun".

"You certainly did not perform the ceremony on accident."

He's very close mouthed about it, but eventually it comes out that dream walkers are all castrated fairly young, belong to a certain set of families, and there is little else to the ability. He seems sure that Tereza is a member of one of the families (the 'branches'), until she mentions summoning.

At that point his eyes go wide. "You were summoned? but that would mean... What gem? what .... who is your master then? We must find them!"

Old 06-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #20
Poonbahbah

"Do you often get visitors from other suns? Where I'm from we find it difficult to reach the moon, never mind another solar system entirely.

So the ceremony is being castrated?

Woo there, slow down. I said I kinda thought you had summoned me with magic, sorta like in a story I once read. If you didn't do it then I'm quite sure no one else did either. Sorry to of alarmed you."

Tags
lost in dreams