Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-31-2022, 10:07 AM   #1571
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yes, but Zybo knows that the deck 10 command center is compromised.
That's correct, since Deck 18 is also "under pressure", Pacifica will suggest another place to meet before they move.

For this she uses he photographic memory to check the map (+1) of the ship and makes a navigation check to find a spot that is close, but far enough from their current location, so she and Nichapu can dispose of the bomb without being noticed by Zybo.

Navigation (12+1) 8, with luck.

Quote:
The "persecution"? I'm not sure what word you meant there. Persecution means hostility or ill treatment for religious or political beliefs.
Oh right, that word should have been "pursuit".
Old 08-31-2022, 10:56 AM   #1572
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
That's correct, since Deck 18 is also "under pressure", Pacifica will suggest another place to meet before they move.

For this she uses he photographic memory to check the map (+1) of the ship and makes a navigation check to find a spot that is close, but far enough from their current location, so she and Nichapu can dispose of the bomb without being noticed by Zybo.

Navigation (12+1) 8, with luck.
Block C deck 10, between the reactor and the manuever drive. Zybo says he can only wait a short while there.

You meet up with him there, and he wants to go down to deck 18 before the bomb blows up.

Quote:
Oh right, that word should have been "pursuit".
They are off pursuing... You're not sure how successful they've been, and they're moving at high speed. You have no way to know.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:32 PM   #1573
Hide

Quote:
Block C deck 10, between the reactor and the manuever drive. Zybo says he can only wait a short while there.

You meet up with him there, and he wants to go down to deck 18 before the bomb blows up.

They are off pursuing... You're not sure how successful they've been, and they're moving at high speed. You have no way to know.
Pacifica asks Zybo:
- The names of the escapees (including rank and section).
- His opinion about these people (including the officer he shot).

She also proposes Zybo to check the command center (it might be "safe" now, and it is close). She will go first, quickly.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:57 PM   #1574
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica asks Zybo:
- The names of the escapees (including rank and section).
- His opinion about these people (including the officer he shot).
Zybo barely knows them: they're security he fought with in the battle for the forward command center. Really, people at the end. Tutuna he's not sure about: she seemed dedicated to the Zorbani, but then he found out she was a spy.

Quote:
She also proposes Zybo to check the command center (it might be "safe" now, and it is close). She will go first, quickly.
Zybo: "It doesn't matter if its not held by the dreadstormers anymore, the bomb is going to go off! we've got to get to the lower decks, now!"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-06-2022, 02:47 PM   #1575
GnomesofZurich

Is Daymar able to get in touch with Hua and/or Pacifica?
Old 09-08-2022, 10:07 AM   #1576
Hide

Since Zybo seems uneasy about not reaching deck 18 ASAP, Pacifica invites him to reconsider the situation, using her acting (15) 13 and Fast-Talk (13) 13 skills. Since he blindly believes in her, she is confident it will work.

Sir, rushing towards the safest location might sound like the best idea, but I must stress the fact that the group you just faced is likely going to make their stand against you, especially after what you did to Tutuna. We are not sure whether or not the destabilized crewmen have already recovered their sanity, but it should not take long. I do agree with the idea that we must keep moving, but we must gather allies as we advance because we cannot take for granted that the enemy numbers will stay the same, especially if they must act quickly to seize control over the ship.

Before starting my search for you, I managed to coordinate with another team to ensure deck 18’s safety. If we go to the command center, we could check whether control over the command center has been restored, gather more allies, and contact deck 18; it would be like picking 3 stones for a pooka-thwap. I will go first, and if this takes long get to deck 18 without me.

Getting to the command center should not take long. Pacifica plans to get there first and explain her teammates the situation with Zybo, this includes Daymar and the guys at the command center. Then she will fetch Zybo and go to deck 18 (or to any location required, depending on the situation, after coordinating with Daymar.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:25 AM   #1577
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Zybo is moving as they go.

"You can swing by and shout on our way to deck 17 or deck 19 then. We should either be manning the bomb, or getting to safety. But I think our enemies are there. I will not be stopping."

Pacifica makes it to the deck 9 command center. (deck 10 has the officer quarters, deck 6 has the forward command center, yes, I'm the one who first said deck 10 instead of deck 9).

Daymar is in the reactor section, and calls the command centers for reports on where the others are.

Hua has taken the transportation quarters, and calls the command centers to check in on the others and report.

The immediate issues are the people walling up the ship, word spreading through the ship, and I suppose Zybo. At this point you've pretty much taken the ship.

Old 09-09-2022, 09:48 AM   #1578
TGLS

Quote:
Hua has taken the transportation quarters, and calls the command centers to check in on the others and report.
All of them or just one mess?

Quote:
The immediate issues are the people walling up the ship, word spreading through the ship, and I suppose Zybo. At this point you've pretty much taken the ship.
"Righteo. I suppose we ought to deal with the troublemakers who are sealing off compartments. Maybe we ought to stop playing from the shadows and make an announcement."

"With regard to the previously programmed crew members, those will be harder to reprogram, right Daymar? Should we just put them away and not bother with reprogramming them?"

Last edited by TGLS; 09-09-2022 at 10:28 AM.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 03:41 AM   #1579
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Righteo. I suppose we ought to deal with the troublemakers who are sealing off compartments. Maybe we ought to stop playing from the shadows and make an announcement."

"With regard to the previously programmed crew members, those will be harder to reprogram, right Daymar? Should we just put them away and not bother with reprogramming them?"
"Yes, the more I alter a mind, the harder it gets to alter it further, so best to just put them where they can't do any damage."
Old 09-12-2022, 09:41 AM   #1580
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
All of them or just one mess?
All of them, transport is the least trained section and is unarmed and unaware.