Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-07-2018, 08:35 AM   #1
WaterAndWindSpirit

Default [Mass Combat] Discount on Cost to Raise drones, and reduced salvage?

I've been wondering... Let's suppose elements of drones have been wiped out, but the drone pilots stayed safe and sound. Since you don't have to train the pilots again, you just have to rebuild the drones, costs to replace the elements should be reduced, and salvage shouldn't use the full cost assuming the command center hasn't been touched. How big would the discount/salvage reduction be?
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
mlangsdorf

Default Re: [Mass Combat] Discount on Cost to Raise drones, and reduced salvage?

I'd treat the drone unit as the drones themselves, and then charge a separate Raise/Maintain for the drone pilots. The drones can be damaged or salvaged normally and you've already split the costs between raising the drones and raising the pilot unit.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:41 AM   #3
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [Mass Combat] Discount on Cost to Raise drones, and reduced salvage?

If you bought them all as one unit, I'd allow you to pay for poor quality troops while using the old troop quality number, because the experience and skill doesn't need to be bought again. You still have to maintain the old unit to keep the bonus though.

Looking at the numbers, that's a huge savings: 50% for average quality, and 150% for elite.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:00 AM   #4
WaterAndWindSpirit

Salvage and replacing lost drones as if they were poor quality instead of their actual quality sounds like a nice rule for drones, thanks!
Old 10-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterAndWindSpirit View Post
Salvage and replacing lost drones as if they were poor quality instead of their actual quality sounds like a nice rule for drones, thanks!

I'm glad you like it.

Please note that this should apply to troop quality, not equipment quality. Mass combat uses both.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
WaterAndWindSpirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I'm glad you like it.

Please note that this should apply to troop quality, not equipment quality. Mass combat uses both.
I noticed, but thanks anyways for the heads up. :P

Tags
drones, mass combat