Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #691
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

ROGUE

Identity: Secret.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record, still a minor.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed, but presumably somewhere in the Deep South.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: Irene Adler (alias Destiny, foster parent), Raven Darkholme (alias Mystique, foster parent).
Group Affiliation: Mutant Liberation Front.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: Rogue's full history is unknown, as is her given name. She was raised in the Deep South, as evidenced by her thick Southern drawl, but ran away from home at the tender age of thirteen when her powers manifested. Based on comments made, it can be inferred that her powers manifested when she first kissed a boy named Cody, putting him into a coma; it is not known whether he ever recovered.

On the run, she adopted the name Rogue. It was apparently at this point she was discovered by Raven Darkholme, the mutant terrorist known as Mystique, and her elderly lover Irene Adler (see Destiny; Mystique). Rogue was taken into their home and all but legally adopted by them. Irene attempted to help Rogue control her powers, but Mystique saw her as a powerful weapon and over the past year has drawn her into Mystique's terrorist organization (see Mutant Liberation Front).

Rogue has thrice fought the X-Men as a member of the Mutant Liberation Front, and once fought Captain America (see Captain America; X-Men). Each time she managed to escape capture. Oddly enough, her teammate Frenzy has taken Rogue under her wing; Rogue looks at the other woman as the big sister she never had (see Frenzy). Destiny has cautioned Mystique that Rogue's continued borrowing of powers and abilities from superheroes may have unintended psychological consequences.
Height: 5' 8".
Weight: 120 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown, with a white stripe dyed down the center.
Uniform: Yellow and green bodysuit, yellow gloves, yellow boots, black leather trenchcoat, yellow belt.
Strength Level: Rogue possesses the normal human strength of a woman her age, height, and build who engages in regular intensive exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Rogue is a mutant who is able to temporarily "borrow" the powers and memories of other superhumans by making skin contact. At present, Rogue is unable to turn off her power; as such, she tends to wear full-body clothing and gloves in order to avoid accidental skin contact.

When Rogue borrows a person's powers, that person is knocked unconscious for the duration. Extremely strong personalities have been known to influence Rogue's own actions; when she kissed Captain America, she took on many of his own personality traits.

Rogue's power theft seems to operate on a 1:60 ratio. If she has contact with her target for a second, she retains that person's powers and memories for a full minute; if she maintains contact with the target for a full minute, she will retain the powers and memories for a full hour. It is not known if continued contact would ultimately result in a permanent transfer of power. Even after her stolen powers and memories fade, she retains what she calls an "echo" in her mind.

Logan: Rogue? Is she...?
Jean Grey: She's fine. Took on some of your more charming personality traits for a while.
X-Men

850 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 12 [5]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Affliction 11 (HT-10; Always On (Effects Are Dangerous), -40%; Contact Agent, -30%; Extended Duration (×60), +80%; Fixed Duration, +0%; Incapacitation: Unconsciousness, +200%; Melee Attack: Reach C, -30%; Mutant, -10%) [297]; Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Fit [5]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Mind Probe (Extended Duration (×60), +80%; Fixed Duration, +0%; Follow-Up (Affliction), +0%; Invasive, +75%; Memory Bank (Unlimited Capacity), +150%; Reliable +10, +50%; Mutant, -10%) [89]; Neutralize (Super) (Cosmic, +300%; Extended Duration (×60), +80%; Fixed Duration, +0%; Follow-Up (Affliction), +0%; Power Theft (Gains Stolen Powers), +200%; Reliable +10, +50%; Mutant, -10%) [360]; Status 1 [5].
Disadvantages: Compulsive Carousing (12) [-5]; Loner (6) [-10]; Pacifism (Cannot Kill) [-15]; Phantom Voices (Annoying) [-5]; Phobia: Crowds (12) [-15]; Social Stigma (Minor) [-5].
Quirks: Careful [-1]; Distinctive Feature ("Skunk-Stripe" Hair) [-1]; Likes Video Games [-1]; Mild OCD [-1].
Skills: Beam Weapons (Pistol) (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Carousing (E) HT+0 [1] – 12; Computer Operation/TL8 (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Current Affairs/TL8 (Popular Culture) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Guns/TL8 (Pistol) (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Judo (H) DX+0 [4] – 12; Jumping (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Karate (H) DX+0 [4] – 12; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+2 [4] – 13; Scrounging (E) Per+1 [2] – 13; Shadowing (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Stealth (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Streetwise (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 12; Urban Survival (A) Per+0 [2] – 12.
Starting Spending Money: $4,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

Role-Playing Notes:
Rogue is a terrorist mainly because the women she regards as her mothers have drawn her into their terrorist organization. In truth, her heart is not in it.

Rogue is a lonely person, unable to touch anyone. Seeing others in intimate relationships frustrates her to no end, being reminders of not only what she lost when her powers manifested, but also the timing of said manifestation. Perhaps this is why she chooses to kiss her male targets when she wants to steal their powers.

Oh, and don't forget to exaggerate the Southern drawl.

Design Notes:
1. Rogue's Neutralize power is designed to enable her to steal powers with the following sources: Biological (-10%), Chemical (-10%), Mutant (-10%), Mutant Psionic (-10%), Passive Biological (-5%), Psionic (-10%), and Super (-10%); Chi (-10%), Demonic (-10%), Divine (-10%), and Magical (-10%) abilities are entirely up to the GM. She is unable to "borrow" powers with a Mutant Biology (+0%) power modifier, due to game mechanics, nor can she borrow any tech-based abilities. This technically means she cannot borrow Angel's wings, despite Mutant Biology being a sub-set of Mutant, as Mutant Biology relates to physical changes in the body and does not have an anti-power.
2. Although the Extended Duration lists "×60", there is no listing for that in the Basic Set or anywhere else I'm aware of. I'm using the "×100" pricing as it seems a better fit than the "×30" pricing.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 06-28-2020 at 03:12 PM.
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #692
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
ROGUE

2. Although the Extended Duration lists "×60", there is no listing for that in the Basic Set or anywhere else I'm aware of. I'm using the "×100" pricing as it seems a better fit than the "×30" pricing.
I'd say to just interpolate a value in such cases. +70% for x60 is about right.

Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike power leeches? And Rogue in particular?
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #693
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
I'd say to just interpolate a value in such cases. +70% for x60 is about right.

Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike power leeches? And Rogue in particular?
While a justifiable ruling, I'm trying to keep house rules like that to a minimum. I mean, yeah, I did something similar with Fen a few years back, but that was an "outside the range given" case, not a "between two printed ranges" case.

I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten any feedback on my posting of Mimic last week. There was a lot of discussion prior to posting, but nothing after.

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:45 PM   #694
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
I'm actually surprised I haven't gotten any feedback on my posting of Mimic last week. There was a lot of discussion prior to posting, but nothing after.
Ah... well, I kinda said everything I wanted to and I didn't want to harp on the construction. Was there a question about the build you had in mind?
Old 06-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #695
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Ah... well, I kinda said everything I wanted to and I didn't want to harp on the construction. Was there a question about the build you had in mind?
Mainly the modifiers on the ModAb (Cosmic).

Old 06-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #696
Phantasm

SAURON

Identity: Sauron's existence is unknown to the general public.
Legal Status: None.
Place of Birth: The Savage Land.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Savage Land Mutates.
Base of Operations: The Savage Land.
History: The origins of the man known as Sauron are currently a mystery. He was apparently born in the Savage Land, a hidden "lost world" in Antarctica, who was mutated to his current form in some as-yet unexplained manner; what is not known is if he is a human mutated to an animalistic form or a pterodactyl granted a more humanoid form and intelligence (see Savage Land).

He and the other Savage Land Mutates first clashed with the mutant adventurers known as the X-Men on the latter's first trip to the Savage Land (see Savage Land Mutates; X-Men). The Mutates' mysterious "Master" ordered them to attack the visiting X-Men, but they were defeated.

Sauron has since been seen with the other Savage Land Mutates in their subsequent clashes with the Avengers and the Brotherhood of Mutants (see Avengers; Brotherhood of Mutants). He also apparently left the Mutates for a time or was assigned by his mysterious benefactor to serve the sorceress Zaladane in her own attempt to conquer the Savage Land (see Zaladane). This service put him in conflict with the adventurers Ka-Zar and Shanna the She-Devil (see Ka-Zar; Shanna the She-Devil).

Whether Sauron remains with the Mutates and where he will strike next is anyone's guess.
Height: 7'.
Weight: 200 lbs.
Eyes: Red.
Hair: Black, sparse.
Uniform: None.
Strength Level: Sauron possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) around half a ton (approximately 1,000 lbs) under optimum conditions.
Known Superhuman Powers: In addition to his superhuman strength, Sauron possesses large, leathery wings underneath his arms which enable him to fly like a pterodactyl or bat would. These wings have a twenty foot wingspan, which he can reduce to around twelve feet by folding them up under his arms. He is able to fly at speeds of around 60 miles per hour.

Sauron's hands and feet end in sharp claws, and his beak is filled with sharp teeth, unlike a pterodactyl's beak. His eyesight has been enhanced to enable him to see small figures on the ground while he is in flight. His skin is tough and scaly, like that of a lizard's, giving him some resistance to physical damage. He lacks external ears, but can hear sounds in the upper subsonic frequencies.
Other Abilities: Sauron possesses medical knowledge far in advance of the Stone Age environs of the Savage Land.
Limitations: Sauron is prone to entering berserk rages if he should be damaged in combat. In addition, his body relies on external heat sources in order to maintain mobility; fortunately, he lives in a tropical jungle.

420 points
Attributes:
ST 25 [150]; DX 14 [80]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 14 [40].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 2d+2/5d-1; BL 125 lbs; HP 25 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 11 [0]; FP 14 [0]; Basic Speed 7.00 [0]; Basic Move 7 [0]; Basic Air Move 15 [2]; Dodge 11.
Languages: English (Native) [6]; Savage Land Speech (Native Spoken/Illiterate) (Native Language) [-3].
Cultural Familiarities: Savage Land [0].
Advantages: 3D Spatial Sense [10]; Claws (Sharp Claws) [5]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Damage Resistance 3 [15]; Enhanced Move (Air) 1 (Air Move 30/60 mph) [20]; Flight (Winged, -25%) [30]; Healer 2 [20]; Indomitable [15]; Night Vision 4 [4]; Patron ([FNORD]) (Equipment: More than Starting Wealth, +100%; Special Abilities: Possesses Equipment from a Higher TL, +100%) (9) [30]; Resistant to Disease (+8) [5]; Resistant to Poisons/Toxins (+3) [5]; Teeth (Sharp Teeth) [1]; Telescopic Vision 2 [10]; Very Fit [15].
Perks: Biting Mastery [1]; Cutting Edge Training (Diagnosis) 7 [7]; Cutting Edge Training (First Aid) 7 [7]; Cutting Edge Training (Physician) 7 [7]; Extended Hearing (Low) [1]; Scales [1].
Disadvantages: Appearance (Monstrous) [-20]; Berserk (12) [-10]; Cold-Blooded (Stiffen Up Under 50°F) [-5]; Hidebound [-5]; Impulsive (12) [-5]; Low TL -8 [-40]; Sadism (12) [-15]; Social Stigma (Freak) [-10]; Wealth (Poor) [-15].
Quirks: Bloody Mess [-1]; Proud [-1]; Third Person [-1].
Skills: Aerobatics (H) DX+2 [4] – 16*; Diagnosis/TL7 (Human) (H) IQ+2 [4] – 13†; First Aid/TL7 (E) IQ+2 [1] – 13†; Flight (A) HT+1 [4] – 15; Karate (H) DX+0 [4] – 14; Physician/TL7 (Human) (H) IQ+2 [4] – 13†; Shadowing (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Stealth (A) DX-1 [1] – 13; Survival (Jungle) (A) Per+1 [4] – 12; Tracking (A) Per+1 [4] – 12.
Starting Spending Money: $800 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +2 from 3D Spatial Sense.
† Includes +2 from Healer.

Role-Playing Notes:
Sauron is one of the more savage of the Mutates, delighting in combat and spreading fear. He has no loyalty to the other Mutates, working with them out of necessity than any sense of kinship.

Design Notes:
1. Sauron, and all the Savage Land Mutates, have their social traits calculated for TL8 campaigns. In campaigns set entirely in the Savage Land, remove Low TL -8 and raise Wealth to Average, a net increase of 55 points, and permit them to take 100% of their Wealth as Starting Cash ($250).
2. In Year Two or Year Three, the Savage Land Mutates' Patron will be revealed as none other than Apocalypse. As I am only chronicling Year One at this time, however, GMs are free to make their mysterious Patron whoever they wish.
3. I've obviously adjusted Sauron from his mainstream counterpart, Karl Lykos. He may actually be Lykos in a permanently transformed state, however; his medical knowledge certainly points in that direction. Whether he will be able to return to a human state is unknown.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #697
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Mainly the modifiers on the ModAb (Cosmic).
Well, the only thing that sticks out a bit are the two range-based Accessibilities. I'd usually roll them into one modifier, together with the implied "Only for duplicating other's powers". The values look overstated as limitations. Even halving them looks a little generous to me. How did you come up with the values in the write-up?
Old 06-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #698
Phantasm

SAVAGE LAND MUTATES

The Savage Land Mutates are a team composed of natives of the Savage Land who have been altered to superhuman – and some of them inhuman – forms by an unknown master to do his bidding (see Savage Land).

In their first recorded exploit, the Mutates attacked the X-Men, who were visiting the Savage Land for other reasons (see X-Men). The Mutates were defeated, but as the Savage Land is not under any one nation's jurisdiction the X-Men let them go.

Some time later, the Mutates – minus Equilibrius and Piper, but with the addition of three new members: Vertigo, Whiteout, and Worm – took control of a crowd of people in Rio Di Jinero, Brazil, during the annual Carnival there (see Equilibrius; Piper; Vertigo; Whiteout; Worm). This drew the attention of the Avengers, who defeated the Mutates and turned them over to the Brazilian authorities (see Avengers).

Apparently the Mutates were deported back to the Savage Land by the Brazilian authorities.

At one point, three of the Mutates – Sauron, Whiteout, and Worm – apparently either left the team or were assigned by their mysterious benefactor to serve the sorceress Zaladane, who was attempting to conquer the Savage Land for herself (see Sauron; Zaladane). This brought them into conflict with Ka-Zar, Shanna the She-Devil, and the Fall People tribe, but the three escaped capture and returned to their benefactor (see Ka-Zar; Shanna the She-Devil).

Some months later, the Mutates came into conflict with the visiting Brotherhood of Mutants while the latter team was separated from their leader, Magneto (see Brotherhood of Mutants; Magneto). At this time, the Mutate Lorelei betrayed the Mutates to join the Brotherhood's ranks (see Lorelei).

Where and when the Mutates will appear next is anyone's guess.

Old 06-19-2014, 07:32 PM   #699
Phantasm

SOLARR

Identity: Known to the authorities.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Mutant Liberation Front.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: Little is known about Solarr's past. It is known from comments made that he was a smuggler before being recruited into the terrorist organization called the Mutant Liberation Front (see Mutant Liberation Front).

During his only known outing with the MLF, he was part of a team sent to retrieve a shipment of laser rifles from an AIM dealer (see AIM). This shipment was interrupted by the X-Men, who had been tipped off to it by an anonymous party (see X-Men). During the altercation, Solarr was responsible for a few of the weapons being destroyed when one of his heat beams missed his target and hit the cargo instead. Solarr voluntarily surrendered afterward and let himself be taken into police custody.

Solarr was last seen as part of the mass breakout led by the Rhino (see Rhino). Whether he will rejoin the MLF remains to be seen.
Height: 6'.
Weight: 210 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown with red highlights.
Uniform: Yellow bodyshirt with a symbol akin to a red sun on the chest, red pants, metallic red armbands, red boots.
Strength Level: Solarr possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: Solarr is a mutant with the ability to metabolize large amounts of energy from various light sources, most notably sunlight, and project it as heat from his hands. He can vary the amount of power from his blasts, but at his hottest he can melt concrete. He can only store a limited amount of energy at a time and needs to recharge by spending time in a well-lit area; alternatively, he can absorb infrared energy fired at him to recharge.

435 points
Attributes:
ST 12 [20]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 11 [20]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs.; HP 12 [0]; Will 11 [0]; Per 12 [5]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 10.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0]; French (Accented) [4]; Spanish (Accented) [4]; Portuguese (Accented) [4].
Cultural Familiarities: Latin American [1]; Western (Native) [0].
Advantages: Burning Attack 15d (Accurate +3, +15%; Costs 15 ER (Variable), -40%; Increased 1/2D Range ×5, +10%; Rapid Fire: RoF 2, +40%; Reduced Range ×1/2, -10%; Variable, +5%; Mutant, -10%) [83]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Damage Resistance 10 (Absorption: Into Energy Reserve, +80%; Limited: Burning Attacks, -40%; Tough Skin, -40%; Mutant Biology, +0%) [50]; Driver's Reflexes 2 [10]; Energy Reserve (Mutant) 30 [90]; Fit [5]; High Manual Dexterity 1 [5]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Regeneration (Fast: 1 ER/Min) (Accessibility: In Direct Sunlight Only, -30%; Energy Reserve Only, +0%; Mutant, -10%) [30]; Status 1 [5]; Wealth (Comfortable) [10].
Perks: Forgettable Face [1]; Ignition [1]; Illumination [1]; Off-Hand Weapon Training (Innate Attack (Beam)) [1]; Supersuit [1].
Disadvantages: Addiction (Tobacco) [-5]; Code of Honor (Professional) [-5]; Greed (9) [-22]; Light Sleeper [-5]; Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5].
Quirks: Broad-Minded [-1]; Closet Fan (Abrams-verse Star Trek) [-1]; Congenial [-1]; Habitual Bargainer [-1]; Proud [-1].
Skills: Accounting (H) IQ-1 [2] – 10; Acting (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Boating/TL8 (Large Powerboat) DX+2 [2] – 14*; Boating/TL8 (Motorboat) DX+2 [2] – 14*; Driving/TL8 (Automobile) DX+2 [2] – 14*; Fast-Talk (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Guns/TL8 (Pistol) DX+1 [2] – 13; Hobby Skill (Treknobabble) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Innate Attack (Beam) (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Merchant (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Navigation/TL8 (Land) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Savoir-Faire (Mafia) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12; Smuggling (A) IQ+3 [12] – 14; Streetwise (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12.
Starting Spending Money: $4,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +2 from Driver's Reflexes.

Role-Playing Notes:
Solarr prides himself on being a professional in his dealings with others. He was hired by the MLF, but it was clear that he didn't care for their "shoddy" methods or their terrorist agenda.

Design Notes:
1. Solarr probably deviates from his mainstream counterpart in temperament significantly. Of course, his mainstream counterpart was already dead by the time I learned of his existence in '86, so I never got to read any issues with him in it; all my knowledge of him comes from his entry in OHOTMUDE #19, which didn't give much on his skills or personality. He was a third-string villain killed off because the writers needed to pull a Worf Effect on someone to show how bad the real bad guy of the issue was.

Last edited by Phantasm; 06-28-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #700
Phantasm

SOUTHERN, CANDY

Occupation: Socialite, college student pursuing a business degree, adventurer.
Identity: Secret; she has not yet adopted a name for her adventurous alter ego.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record.
Other Aliases: "Southern Belle" (a name jokingly given to her by Iceman).
Place of Birth: New York City.
Known Relatives: Parents (names unrevealed).
Group Affiliation: Ally of the X-Men.
Base of Operations: New York City.
History: Candy Southern was raised among the New York City elite, and was a childhood acquaintance of Warren Kenneth Worthington III (see Angel). The two had not seen each other for years until he revealed his mutant nature at a high society party her parents dragged her to. She was immediately attracted to him, but having heard of his reputation as a lady-killer she rebuffed him when he made a pass at her.

Without any brothers to inherit the family business, Candy was pressured by her folks to pursue a business degree. Instead of allowing them to purchase her way into an Ivy League school, Candy instead enrolled at Empire State University. To her surprise, she learned Warren was taking many of the same classes. A cautious study relationship turned into a friendship, and soon the two were all but officially a couple.

As Warren's girlfriend, Candy has found herself thrust into the world of the superhuman. Her first taste of that lifestyle was when the party she and Warren were attending was crashed by a trio of costumed criminals – Porcupine, Batroc the Leaper, and the Swordsman – who were looking to rob the rich and famous (see Batroc; Porcupine; Swordsman). While Warren fought Batroc and Porcupine, Candy found herself facing off against the Swordsman. With little more than self-defense training to draw on, she caught him in an arm lock and threw him to the floor, knocking him out. After that, she began intensive martial arts training in earnest, soon becoming a black belt in jiujitsu at a full contact dojo.

With a new sense of purpose and her training, Candy was soon assisting Warren's friends in the X-Men on a regular basis (see X-Men). So far, though, she has managed to keep her own activities in the field with the X-Men a secret from the press, a feat she is proud of.

Recently, however, Candy was visited by the mutant Mesmero, who enslaved her, and several other friends and allies of the X-Men, to his will (see Mesmero). Mesmero's plans for her are currently unknown.
Height: 5' 8".
Weight: 135 lbs.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Black.
Uniform: Blue-black ballistic fabric bodysuit, gloves, boots, and half-mask with no markings.
Strength Level: Candy Southern possesses the normal human strength of a woman her age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: None.
Other Abilities: Candy Southern has a black belt in jiujitsu and has become a marksman with an electrolaser rifle she acquired. She is also multi-lingual, being fluent in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Latin, Russian, Spanish, Cantonese, Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese.
Weapons and Paraphernalia: Candy has acquired, presumably through her parents' company, an advanced ballistic fabric bodysuit and an electrolaser rifle produced by Stark Industries (see Stark Industries). She also carries a small police nightstick in both her heroic and civilian identities.

350 points
Attributes:
ST 12 [20]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-1/1d+2; BL 29 lbs.; HP 12 [0]; Will 13 [5]; Per 12 [0]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 11.
Languages: Arabic (Native) [4*]; Cantonese (Native) [4*]; English (Native) (Native Language) [0]; French (Native) [4*]; German (Native) [4*]; Italian (Native) [4*]; Japanese (Native) [4*]; Latin (Native) [4*]; Mandarin Chinese (Native) [4*]; Russian (Native) [4*]; Spanish (Native) [4*].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Appearance (Beautiful) [20]; Business Acumen 2 [20]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Enhanced Dodge 1 [15]; Enhanced Parry (Bare Hands) 1 [5]; Hard to Kill 3 [6]; Hard to Subdue 3 [6]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Independent Income 3 [3]; Language Talent [10]; Social Chameleon [5]; Very Fit [15]; Wealth (Wealthy) [20].
Perks: Accent (Deep Southern) [1]; Accent (Oxfort British) [1]; Convincing Nod [1]; Cutting-Edge Training (Beam Weapons (Rifle)) 1 [1]; Haughty Sneer [1]; High-Heeled Heroine [1]; High-Heeled Hurt [1]; Rapid Retraction (Punches) [1]; Sexy Pose [1]; Style Familiarity (Jujutsu) [1].
Disadvantages: Charitable (12) [-15]; Code of Honor (Hero's) [-10]; Pacifism (Cannot Kill) [-15]; Secret (Masked Adventurer) [-10]; Selfless (12) [-5]; Sense of Duty (Friends and Family) [-5].
Quirks: Adrenaline Junkie [-1]; Broad-Minded [-1]; Horrible Hangovers [-1]; Not Until My First Cup! [-1].
Skills: Acrobatics (H) DX+0 [4] – 12; Administration (A) IQ+1 [1] – 13†; Beam Weapons/TL9 (E) DX+2 [4] – 14; Breath Control (H) HT+0 [4] – 12; Connoisseur (Music) (A) IQ-1 [1] – 11; Connoisseur (Visual Arts) (A) IQ-1 [1] -11; Current Affairs/TL8 (Business) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Diplomacy (H) IQ+0 [4] – 12; Economics (H) IQ+0 [1] – 12†; Fast-Talk (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Judo (H) DX+2 [12] – 14; Jumping (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Karate (H) DX+2 [12] – 14; Law (Business Law) (H) IQ-2 [1] – 10; Politics (A) IQ-1 [1] – 11; Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 12; Savoir-Faire (Dojo) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 12; Sex Appeal (A) HT+3 [1] – 15‡; Shortsword (A) DX+2 [8] – 14; Swimming (E) HT+0 [1] – 12.
Techniques: Acrobatic Stand (Acrobatics) (A) def+6 [6] – 12; Arm Lock (Judo) (A) def+1 [1] – 15; Back Kick (Karate) (H) def+4 [5] – 14; Elbow Strike (Karate) (A) def+2 [2] – 14; Quick-Shot (Beam Weapons/TL9 (Rifle)) (A) def+6 [6] – 14; Targeted Attack (Karate Punch/Face) (H) def+3 [4] – 12.
Starting Spending Money: $10,020 (20% of Starting Wealth, minus the cost of her gear).
Equipment: Baton (p. B273); TL9 Reflex Bodysuit (DR 12/4*) (Ultra-Tech, p. 172); TL9 Reflex Gloves (DR 6/2*) (Ultra-Tech, p. 172); TL9 Assault Boots (DR 12/6) (Ultra-Tech, p. 173); TL9 Electrolaser Carbine (Ultra-Tech, p. 120).

* Includes +1 level from Language Talent.
† Includes +2 from Business Acumen.
‡ Includes +4 from Appearance.

Role-Playing Notes:
Candy is a rich debutante who was raised with the knowledge that one day she would have to deal with having every detail of her life in the tabloids, and had those skills drilled into her. She is also a strong-willed woman with a good heart, and has from time to time commented on how "normal" the X-Men's activities seem to be compared to the high society lifestyle she grew up in. Candy has taken time to counsel Vera Cantor on how to handle the press.

Having found herself in the world of the superhuman, Candy has seemingly found her purpose in life. She takes pains to not be associated with her masked and as-yet- unnamed alter ego, as she is certain her social standing would be negatively impacted by it, including possibly being disowned by her parents.

Design Notes:
1. I didn't intend for Candy to adopt a heroic identity when I started the X-Men's entries in the Reboot, but as I started crafting her bio I found that it was a natural outgrowth of the character. As the only "heroic identity" given to her in the comics was "the Southern Belle", in New Defenders #141, with an outrageous outfit she definitely didn't approve of, I found it hard to give her a name. (She never actually went by the name; it was a ruse by an adversary of the team's.) So she's currently running around assisting the X-Men without a code-name.
2. Candy doesn't yet qualify for Trained By A Master or Gunslinger, though she is certainly headed that way.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men