Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-28-2022, 01:13 PM   #11
thorr-kan

Default Re: GURPS 4E Bundle of Holding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Phobos View Post
There is a Fantasy bundle, with Magic, Thaumatology, Fantasy, and a bunch of others, that just went up.
And that same email also says, "Stay tuned!"
thorr-kan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:36 PM   #12
Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
And that same email also says, "Stay tuned!"
I´m tuned, you can count on that. It is actually the best chance to get my GURPS library filled I ever had. There are only 2 reasons I haven´t bought both bundles yet.

First shortage of funds, I want first see what follows this first 2 Bundles to pick my choice than. Since I´m not able to buy say 5 different Bundles at once.

Second I have no experience with Bundle of Holding and Drivethrough RPG. Anybody lending me a hand and telling me what to do exactly, and how good or bad it worked is welcome.
Willy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 01:59 PM   #13
Professor Phobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Second I have no experience with Bundle of Holding and Drivethrough RPG. Anybody lending me a hand and telling me what to do exactly, and how good or bad it worked is welcome.
They're fine. Library interface could be a little smoother. The desktop app isn't great. Drivethrough is the dominant PDF distribution store for a reason.
Professor Phobos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:35 PM   #14
JackShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
I've bought an embarrassing amount of things from Bundle of Holding and DrivethruRPG over the years. They are both solid, reliable places to do business with. While their respective Libraries are a bit archaic, they work just fine and give you the ability to redownload any previous purchases again as needed (even if the item stops being available for sale later).

Both of these GURPS bundles are excellent deals that I can recommend without reservation.
JackShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 03:59 PM   #15
mehrkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackShadow View Post
I've bought an embarrassing amount of things from Bundle of Holding and DrivethruRPG over the years. They are both solid, reliable places to do business with. While their respective Libraries are a bit archaic, they work just fine and give you the ability to redownload any previous purchases again as needed (even if the item stops being available for sale later).

Both of these GURPS bundles are excellent deals that I can recommend without reservation.
I resemble this entire post. Though I've done a bit more with Humble Bundle.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:42 PM   #16
Anaraxes

Could probably squeeze in a "Modern" bundle, too. The Action! line, Tactical Shooting, Gun-Fu, High Tech: Electricity and Electronics, maybe Monster Hunters.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:56 PM   #17
sparcipx

Two GURPS Bundles of Holding in as many days... I guess I really didn't need to replace the bottom bracket on my bike.

I'm a bit disappointed that the Thaumatology add-on didn't include Thaumatology - Chinese Elemental Powers... but I know where I can buy it.
sparcipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 09:57 PM   #18
Rupert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isosceles View Post
Why the tech bundles instead of say Space and Fantasy?
To repeat something I said elsewhere with respect to this bundle:

I've been running a GURPS game for over 15 years, supposedly a SF game, but seeing the PCs going to worlds at all levels of technology, and including places with magic, fantasy-style monsters, and so on. Of all the GURPS supplements (and I have almost all of them), the ones that get the most use are by far the equipment books (Low-Tech, High-Tech, and Ultra-Tech). Unless you're running a game where equipment is treated quite nebulously, you'll get use from one or more of these, whereas all the other 'essential' add-ons (Powers, Martial Arts, etc.) are likely to see use in more limited circumstances - they are very useful, but not as universally useful, in my opinion. I think making the equipment books the major part of the upgrade was a very good choice by whoever made it. Bio-Tech is also a good choice, because it has a lot of extra 'gear' in the form of bio-mods, plus discussions relevant to designing your own species (which makes it more widely applicable than might be immediately apparent), transhuman mods, and so on.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:27 PM   #19
thorr-kan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackShadow View Post
I'll add the caveat that you can occasionally lose access to things; I have. But I think it's 2 items out of over 1.5K items, and I believe both of the lost items were actually heavily plagerized from other sources. (I got them as part of a bundle, so no great loss.) So there's that.

But I've got dozens of items that are no longer sold, and I still have access to them through DTRPG.

I've done less with Bundle of Holding, but I've done some. No complaints, except from my whimpering bank account.
thorr-kan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:00 AM   #20
Haseri

Will definitely back the main offer for the 2 main books in pdf alone. I have them in paper, and they've never been cheap enough to justify getting the pdf.

With this and the W23 sale, now's a bad time to have no money.
Haseri is offline   Reply With Quote