Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-27-2021, 09:09 AM   #31
SolemnGolem

Default Re: Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies Book: Now LIVE on Kickstarter

The VTT assets looked too sweet to pass up as well.

Finally I will have a hardcopy and virtualcopy of a Monsters resource for GURPS 4E!
SolemnGolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:19 AM   #32
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Three part post!
1. Fjallatroll. A monster you've seen before but suggestions for power-ups.
2. Baneadyrid, the Mantis-Demon. Not a threat 1-1, but they never show up for a 1-1 fight.
3. Campaign status with half of the time remaining.

For folks who have been noting how GURPS Fantasy could do with a consolidated Bestiary, or more hardbacks, or better art ... I'd appreciate your support on this one.

Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies Book: Half-Campaign Update
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:19 PM   #33
Farmer

It's in this blog (which gets copied to a number of places) as of today https://teylen.blog/2021/11/27/crowd...YX11tWosSngKS0

So timing is pretty good to maybe get some more people across it.
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 09:29 PM   #34
DouglasCole

The rock lizard. Another example from the Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies Book. Eight days to go on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/3372629
Old 11-28-2021, 10:08 PM   #35
Prime Evil

If you've pledged for the PDF version, please consider upgrading to the print edition. It looks like this kickstarter will get funded. But it would be really nice to hit a couple of the stretch goals!
Prime Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:46 AM   #36
Dalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
For those folks who prefer a more historic campaign to a fantastic one. I have had several conversations with Douglas about the finer details of ruminate digestion, biology, medieval grain economics, equine endurance, the carrying capacity of reindeer and many other obscure topics.
While the fruits of these discussions are unlikely to be more than a line or two of the book, they will be a very well researched line or two.
I appreciate this aspect of the Nordlond setting and Doug's work in general. It allows for a range of play from full gonzo to gritty survivalist. You can expect that the basics have been thought through and are reasonably realistic. The Nordlond Bestiary will hit a similar note with a range of creatures from mundane to entirely fantastical. Even the fantasy beasts, however, will make sense within their context. I was just enjoying reading a discussion on discord about how the Rock Lizard (Rökk Eğla) might use its size to good effect in terms of trampling foes. GURPS shines at being able to model these sorts of things in a consistent fashion.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:08 PM   #37
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Evil View Post
If you've pledged for the PDF version, please consider upgrading to the print edition. It looks like this kickstarter will get funded. But it would be really nice to hit a couple of the stretch goals!
I just upgraded to printed book, PDF book, PDF QR and PDF VTT (from just digital initially).

Whatever the shipping to Aus, I decided I really wanted the printed version and by the time it's ready with any luck there's be more regular shipping here and the price will reflect that.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:47 PM   #38
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
I just upgraded to printed book, PDF book, PDF QR and PDF VTT (from just digital initially).

Whatever the shipping to Aus, I decided I really wanted the printed version and by the time it's ready with any luck there's be more regular shipping here and the price will reflect that.
One thing that may be helpful here is to see if the OZ contingent can look into a group import and re-distribute. The first-item cost is usually the worst part. I know for a bit, we talked about having some books locally printed for a prior project and a volunteer to re-ship them. It would require some cooperation between all concerned. The simplest would be one person with a freight forwarder. But there have to be ways to at least mitigate this giant pile of horribleness.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:08 PM   #39
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
One thing that may be helpful here is to see if the OZ contingent can look into a group import and re-distribute. The first-item cost is usually the worst part. I know for a bit, we talked about having some books locally printed for a prior project and a volunteer to re-ship them. It would require some cooperation between all concerned. The simplest would be one person with a freight forwarder. But there have to be ways to at least mitigate this giant pile of horribleness.
Yep - maybe a question in the survey about whether you want your contact (email) details shared with people in your country in case you want to pool together for shipping? AU and NZ can probably pool together as postage from here to the Kiwis is still entirely sane. I guess you can see how many you have from various locations to know what's worth having a look at.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:11 PM   #40
OldSam

Really cool that we'll have such a beautiful full color illustrated hard cover bestiary, many thanks! :)

I just hope more folks get aboard, so the kickstarter gets more attractive for everyone...
OldSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bestiary, norğlond