Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-21-2022, 02:39 PM   #231
SID

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

The people in the shuttle stare at Bibingui and Vanta talking to the droid.

Lucy, the devaronian, yells at you. She anxious and has got a restless leg, "I don't care as long as we hurry the <expletive> up. Just don't come any closer to us. We just fought a robot, and I don't wanna take second chances!"

Jojo is more relaxed about the situation, but also stresses the fact you should leave. “Hey buddy, you heard the guys. You may stick with the gunner (Vanta) or take a sit there!”. He points at the seat in front of his row.

“Captain Bibingui, we are good to go!”

If you aren’t taking other actions here, the party resumes its course…
Old 10-23-2022, 03:20 AM   #232
PumpkinLorica

My eyes are on you, my PURRITO and I will observe you... For now, please go with VANTA because hes helping us with THE WATCH and "It shall not end until his death" eOe

Bibingui starts driving.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:33 PM   #233
FloggMunkies

Kio takes position by Vanta, keeping an eye out for threats. There's a subtle whirr and their optical array re-calibrates for thermal imaging, in case of smoke from the bombardment, or even a power failure killing the lights.

Kio poses a question to Vanta, seemingly to pass the time. "Do you know the provenance of that damaged droid in the corner? It externally resembles the armor used by the stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire and First Order. Did it come from the same crafts currently bombarding this area?"

Kio is also going to take the next opportunity to compose the following message, to send using their integrated comms unit as they approach Nav's Rest: [Registration #:8iFVbabW9ZDV Shuttle en route to Nav's Rest. Civilians on board. Please permit shuttle access through emergency lockdown.]
FloggMunkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 11:01 AM   #234
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloggMunkies View Post
Kio takes position by Vanta, keeping an eye out for threats. There's a subtle whirr and their optical array re-calibrates for thermal imaging, in case of smoke from the bombardment, or even a power failure killing the lights.

Kio poses a question to Vanta, seemingly to pass the time. "Do you know the provenance of that damaged droid in the corner? It externally resembles the armor used by the stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire and First Order. Did it come from the same crafts currently bombarding this area?"

Kio is also going to take the next opportunity to compose the following message, to send using their integrated comms unit as they approach Nav's Rest: [Registration #:8iFVbabW9ZDV Shuttle en route to Nav's Rest. Civilians on board. Please permit shuttle access through emergency lockdown.]
Yeah, it came from the sky and attacked, we are going to strip it for useful parts when we are in safety. Were you there? during the First Order?
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:10 PM   #235
SID

With repeated effort, your message goes through; you are picking a lot of static from Nav’s Rest beacon and assume it’s just the same with your broadcasts. The signal is improving as you get closer to your destination (it’s mostly unnoticeable, but since K10 is a droid, they notice a dBm increase).

The transmission you receive is accompanied by this sound, which you’ve reconstructed from your captures.

And includes the following message:

01000001 01100011 01101011 00100000 11100010 10000000 10100110 00100000 01010111 11100010 10000000 10100110 00100000 01100100 01100101 01110010 11100010 10000000 10100110 00100000 01100001 01100011 11100010 10000000 10100110
Old 10-26-2022, 09:22 AM   #236
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui drives the shuttle, she has an itch. Is she nervous because of the new droid? Worried maybe? She gives you a shout.

Is everything OK?!
Old 10-27-2022, 01:47 PM   #237
FloggMunkies

"I was active during the final days of the New Republic. My... assigned charge at the time was very concerned about the threat of the First Order. I was not functioning during the subsequent events that proved him right."

"By the way, I have attempted to contact the authorities at Nav's Rest for access during the emergency, but even now I suspect the interference is too strong for them to understand the message. Their response was scrambled. It came with some audio that I can't parse as Basic or Binary." (Assume Kio will replay the audio through their voicebox upon request.)
FloggMunkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 01:37 PM   #238
vicious Violence

Vanta rolls perception for anything wrong, successfully (9).

That signal is an SOS. They're calling for help

Last edited by vicious Violence; 10-31-2022 at 01:44 PM.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:10 PM   #239
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui continues driving, thinking about Navs Rest faster, "I can only see destroyed buildings and obstacles.( *`ω´)" Bibingui drives around the rubble keeping her eyes peeled so that no one gets hurt on the road.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:25 PM   #240
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui rolls perception: 13

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars