Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 09-18-2022, 08:57 PM   #1
Nikkolaus

Default Problems with GCA 5

Maybe its something easy to solve:

1) GCA is not saving char's names and descriptions

2) Size modifier to ST (-10 for SM) doesn't work -- when we use it, it goes to 0, and it's not possible to add levels on it

Hope someone can help me.

Thank you all in advance!
Nikkolaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:00 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Problems with GCA 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkolaus View Post
Maybe its something easy to solve:

1) GCA is not saving char's names and descriptions
I assume you mean name and appearance for the character itself?

On the Unified and Classic views, if you enter that data, you need to be sure to tab to the next field or click on another entry area. If you type in one of those text boxes and then, while still in edit mode, click on a toolbar button or menu, then GCA doesn't know you've finished, and the data does not get updated before whatever function you started begins, and that change is lost.

On the Sheet view, you need to click on the End Editing button, or any non-active part of the character sheet itself, in order to end editing and save your changes to the character. (Although some changes may actually make it to the character, you may not see them reflected on the sheet. If you change to another View and come back, you may see what you expect.)

If you mean something else, or you mean that you do these things and then the character is saved, and when you reload it and those fields are blank, then I have no idea what the heck is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkolaus View Post
2) Size modifier to ST (-10 for SM) doesn't work -- when we use it, it goes to 0, and it's not possible to add levels on it
I don't understand what you mean here. Are you changing the Size Modifier attribute to a score of -10? And then ST can no longer be changed?

Does this happen on any character, even a brand new one if that's all you do?

I'll probably need to know exactly what files you're loading in the Library you're using, because I do not see that behavior at all. And be sure your GCA is version 5.0.199.

Tags
gca, problems, size modifier