Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-26-2021, 02:54 PM   #271
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

I could tell him you can help me, but there is no nexus between Pacifica and Day. It might sell Zybo as a subverted if we do it like that; we have to keep in mind that he might be subject to future interrogations, and the inconsistencies in his decisions could expose us.

However, I could let him know that I have (unconfirmed) information about people trying to mess with the ship’s engine. And that you are the guy that has spotted the fishy stuff going on.

Pacifica has an information hub, and that might cover her and you during the investigations. Afterall, they told us to keep our eyes open.

You will be forced to fix the stuff you broke, but we shall have access to the officer’s quarters in the future and suspicions will be lifted from you.

How about it?

Changing topic...

Zybo’s password is not enough, AFAIK perhaps we could have access to his “files in the cloud” with it, but not to the stuff in his terminal. I could convince him of giving me his password and access to his computer, but it is important he does not remember; the aim is using his computer and then erasing his memory, do your powers work like that?
Old 04-27-2021, 07:30 AM   #272
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I could tell him you can help me, but there is no nexus between Pacifica and Day. It might sell Zybo as a subverted if we do it like that; we have to keep in mind that he might be subject to future interrogations, and the inconsistencies in his decisions could expose us.

However, I could let him know that I have (unconfirmed) information about people trying to mess with the ship’s engine. And that you are the guy that has spotted the fishy stuff going on.

Pacifica has an information hub, and that might cover her and you during the investigations. Afterall, they told us to keep our eyes open.

You will be forced to fix the stuff you broke, but we shall have access to the officer’s quarters in the future and suspicions will be lifted from you.

How about it?
come up with a good reason to bring Daymar up, hopefully one that doesn't blow his cover, and lets get him up here.

Quote:
Zybo’s password is not enough, AFAIK perhaps we could have access to his “files in the cloud” with it, but not to the stuff in his terminal.
Data transfer requires custom wiring. Zybo's Data is only on his officer terminal and his office terminal.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:39 AM   #273
Hide

Thanks Erick, I am making sure the plan is compliant with Day’s powers; Gnomes opinion is very important.

This is the potential plan:

Pacifica might bring Day to Zybo with the intention of having Day speak about "people" damaging the engine (an unconfirmed event, but it did happen).

Pacifica will access to Zybo’s computer at some point during the conversation. Her actions depend on the available resources (I am still not sure if Day can erase/rewrite memory, can you tell me?... Erick or Gnomes).

Changing topic:

What skill and how much time would I need to wire the computer for data transfer?
Can others over the network tell his computer has been manipulated or do they have to check his terminal to find it out?
Also, is it obvious? Sometimes it is not obvious because all the wires look the same but I wonder as well if his computer is going to lose access to other files and so on.

I would like more details about the “girl from Korvi”:

Who is she?
Where is she?
Who is her buddy?
Old 04-27-2021, 03:47 PM   #274
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Thanks Erick, I am making sure the plan is compliant with Day’s powers; Gnomes opinion is very important.

This is the potential plan:

Pacifica might bring Day to Zybo with the intention of having Day speak about "people" damaging the engine (an unconfirmed event, but it did happen).

Pacifica will access to Zybo’s computer at some point during the conversation. Her actions depend on the available resources (I am still not sure if Day can erase/rewrite memory, can you tell me?... Erick or Gnomes).

Changing topic:

What skill and how much time would I need to wire the computer for data transfer?
Can others over the network tell his computer has been manipulated or do they have to check his terminal to find it out?
Also, is it obvious? Sometimes it is not obvious because all the wires look the same but I wonder as well if his computer is going to lose access to other files and so on.

Who is she?
Where is she?
Who is her buddy?
Day did not take Mind Wipe as one of his abilities at character creation, one of a number of decisions I've come to regret concerning this character. At the time I figured it was something we might be able to add in play, not knowing that no character points were to be awarded after character creation. The closest he comes to doing so is using Mental Surgery to inflict Amnesia or a Delusion to re-write memories, but doing so on Zybo would not be my first choice since the penalty to add more disadvantages is cumulative.

I'm okay with the plan, I do have the option of using Suggestion to get away if he starts to become suspicious of me.
Old 04-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #275
Hide

Thanks Gnomes, I get it now.

I am waiting for Erick's input to set things in motion!
Old 04-28-2021, 09:45 AM   #276
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

[QUOTE=Hide;2377186]
What skill and how much time would I need to wire the computer for data transfer? [Quote]
The relevant skill is electronics repair (computer). Each computer involved in the transfer will take 5 minutes to connect to the wires. Then you have to either tap into a wire that runs between the two computers, or run a physical wire. You were looking into doing something very similar when you wanted to get officer access to your personal terminal.

Quote:
They would have to check the wiring at an effected location.

Quote:
once the wires have been changed, its not obvious. The process of changing them is pretty obvious. If you run a physical wire rather than tapping into existing ones, that's very obvious.

Quote:

Who is she?
Where is she?
Who is her buddy?
Lets see...
She's a navigator in the shift immediately after Pacifica's. She sleeps in a neighboring bunk room to Pacifica. She has the stated ambition to one day navigate for a smaller craft in the Zorbani navy. Right now she should be in bed, but will be waking in about two hours. She says most of her buddy infractions are the result of romantic liasons with other crew members. Her buddy is another navigator, on the same schedule, named Vutha Nochuju. Vutha is from Korjakor, the planet with Pooka-Pookas (as well as Sakor beasts and Korjakor Dragons, but the Pooka Pooka always seem to be the one that come up).

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-28-2021, 10:33 AM   #277
Hide

Thanks Erick; finally who are/were her romantic partners and their sections? And what was the girl's name?

Last edited by Hide; 04-28-2021 at 11:56 AM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:20 PM   #278
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Thanks Erick; finally who are/were her romantic partners and their sections? And what was the girl's name?
Her name is Chiki Bukuzo.

Her alibi for where she was is Borthoto Pizu, a member of the gunnery section, and from Nothoto station, on the same shift as Chiki. (gunnery sits close to navigation, if you recall).

Old 04-29-2021, 12:40 AM   #279
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Her name is Chiki Bukuzo (...)
Great, thanks Erick!
Old 05-01-2021, 07:11 PM   #280
Hide

So Gnomes, what do you want to do? or who do we frame?

There's Chiki Bukuzo (navigation), she's got several infractions for not having her budy with her. Supossedly she has a romance with a guy in gunnery.

Maybe she is simply using the guy (Borthoto Pizu) as an alibi... In the sense sometimes she's with him, but in other ocassions she is not.

You don't know about this, it is in Pacifica's report, but you can gesture at her so she helps you with the initial talking.

If you have another idea, let me know. The spotlight is on you!