Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2021, 02:34 PM   #741
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Hey there, l got a few questions/concerns:
  1. How many prisoners are with us?
  2. Let’s assume the goblins approached silently with stealth; Gathika casted watchdog, so the goblins should have been detected before they could actually ambush the party. And since they are attacking from the distance, we may have a chance to take action before combat starts; I assume this is where the per/observation rolls take place, including Gathika’s sunlight spell.
  3. On the other hand, Vic picked a safe place with survival; so, to attack us, the goblins must have gotten closer (and stand in the open, albeit with stealth):
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
    (...) the party make camp just outside the canyon, away from any direct lines of sight(...)
  4. The goblins took stealth under the protection of the night, but now that they attack with the sun up, their stealth breaks (they are in plain sight).
  5. Did Telrith do stuff before going to bed?
  6. Finally, Bain set traps and camouflaged them to prevent the enemies from approaching, some should have fell for it. He was also doing watch.

Thank you!
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:04 PM   #742
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Hey there, l got a few questions/concerns:
  1. How many prisoners are with us?
  2. Letís assume the goblins approached silently with stealth; Gathika casted watchdog, so the goblins should have been detected before they could actually ambush the party. And since they are attacking from the distance, we may have a chance to take action before combat starts; I assume this is where the per/observation rolls take place, including Gathikaís sunlight spell.
  3. On the other hand, Vic picked a safe place with survival; so, to attack us, the goblins must have gotten closer (and stand in the open, albeit with stealth):
  4. The goblins took stealth under the protection of the night, but now that they attack with the sun up, their stealth breaks (they are in plain sight).
  5. Did Telrith do stuff before going to bed?
  6. Finally, Bain set traps and camouflaged them to prevent the enemies from approaching, some should have fell for it. He was also doing watch.

Thank you!
Five prisoners.

Telrith declared his preparations before the random encounter roll was made. Read the IC thread.

The bad guys avoided the Watchdog spell by keeping their distance. Ditto the noisemaker traps.

Gathika's spell is cast on HER turn, the bad guys are still hidden until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Have we actually asked them to pick up weapons and follow us around with them without fighting? Like say, the horse (mule?) and cart? Or have we only tried to get them on the front lines?

Telrith will try to fast talk them into following the party around and "Guarding" the wagon. I rolled an 8! that's a success by 4.

Where does the attack take place, what time is it, and what was the party doing?
The former prisoners do grab weapons and fight in self-defense, they just do not want to delve dungeons.

Your camp outside the canyon. At night. Midnight. Probably sleeping.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:31 PM   #743
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Telrith declared his preparations before the random encounter roll was made. Read the IC thread.
Huh? which ever post are you referring to? I have no memory of this.

Quote:
The bad guys avoided the Watchdog spell by keeping their distance. Ditto the noisemaker traps.

Your camp outside the canyon. At night. Midnight. Probably sleeping.
So they're hitting in the face in the dark while we're prone from approximately how far away?

And a proper camp setup has Telrith setting up his standard fort.


Which is all to say, lets establish what's going on and process it.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 08-02-2021 at 03:54 PM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 06:36 PM   #744
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Bain suceeded with his observation roll (12) 11, but only learns the party is under attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(...) Gathika's spell is cast on HER turn, the bad guys are still hidden until then (...)
OK, taking her words into accout, Bain will wait for Gathika; then he will strike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
So they're hitting in the face in the dark while we're prone from approximately how far away?
IMO, it should be about 7 yards.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:47 PM   #745
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

@erictehered bring the gokeks to cover you and I. Make one help you put the shield on, to join the fight more quickly. I can heal you after sunlight is cast!
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:30 PM   #746
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Vic tries to see where the assault is coming from, but fails. Thankfully the attack against him misses him barely.

On his turn Vic waits for Gathika's spell.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:44 AM   #747
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

The requested NPC rolls have been made!

What is the height they are at, 6 yards, right?
That returns the -3 you gave them, at 10 yards of distance (firing downward).
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #748
vicious Violence
 
vicious Violence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: in your heart
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Vic goes to the nearest tree with an enemy/enemies. if he cannot reach with his sword he will try to cut down the tree. Move is 4. Always facing towards the enemies, sword up ready to parry.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 01:48 PM   #749
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Bain takes an AOA double, he delivers 3 arrows, one of them hits the mark.

Fast-Draw (14) 13 & Ready (14) 13:
Shooting 11 (13+3-3-2: Vitals-TA, Acc, Range, SM).
3d6=5, success!

Damage is 2d6+4 (2) * 3 IMP.
3d6= 5+1+4 (2) * 3 IMP.
It deals up to 30 HP of injury.

He attacks one of the Chautchos that are not dazzled.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 08-04-2021 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Not goblins, Chautcho.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:28 PM   #750
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
What is the height they are at, 6 yards, right?
That returns the -3 you gave them, at 10 yards of distance (firing downward).
That is correct. And they are not goblins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vic goes to the nearest tree with an enemy/enemies. if he cannot reach with his sword he will try to cut down the tree. Move is 4. Always facing towards the enemies, sword up ready to parry.
Vic will have to climb over the earth walls of their camp first.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.