Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-24-2022, 12:32 PM   #61
KarlKost

Default Re: Can we get a book all about Metatronic Generators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Thought of another pair:
  • Consumable Metatronic Generators, like a potion of invisibility
Yeah, I just posted a blog from a guy that made a ton of those in the previous page, althought after giving a little thought about it, I dont really agree with a few things he made - like placing "meele touch, reach C" modifier for potions and others - you're not going to attack with potions.

Other than that, it's pretty solid and could easily be expanded upon, turning Alchemy into a practice as diverse and customizable as Magic, and with practical solid rules rather than just guess-work.

I have another alternative tech I just remembered: Teslapunk. I remembered the Tesla soldiers and tanks from one of the Command&Conquer games (just cant remember which), and they were absolutely fantastic, super fun to use with their weird half globe helmets and rings across the arms gloves, launching lighting attacks on the enemies... Cool aesthetics (remembering that the entire "punk" line is more about aesthetics than anything)

And, if possible without pushing too much the suspension of desbelief, a bit of Stone Punk that aint as silly as the Flinstons - but that I wouldnt be upset if it's not done, since I cant do it myself to think of really useful and functional "Stonepunk" tech society so... If anyone could do it and think of something, it would be great, but it may be too much to ask... Althought some simple things may still be achievable, like wooden-stone contraptions that use wind or water flow to create elevators, "automatic" gates and such, to bring a bit of color to our "lost in time" games
KarlKost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:34 PM   #62
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKost View Post
Other than that, it's pretty solid and could easily be expanded upon, turning Alchemy into a practice as diverse and customizable as Magic, and with practical solid rules rather than just guess-work.
Alchemy should be in there, he already did it for Pyramid if I recall correctly.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:44 PM   #63
KarlKost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Alchemy should be in there, he already did it for Pyramid if I recall correctly.
MG is like a God send gift to finally solve Gadgeteering and Alchemy (or even a good alternative for magical/psy/quantonic-technobabble Enchantment). $3.000 (average) per 1CP is a perfect fit - particularly since each 1CP can buy 10% of starting Average wealth (which for TL8 as 20k, gives $2.000 per point).

Im even thinking about, instead of giving char points, turning char creation into a money-cost endeavor rather, and distribute bonus money instead of points, and see how it all goes from there...
KarlKost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps supplements