Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-26-2022, 05:49 AM   #41
Bruno

Default Re: Can we get a book all about Metatronic Generators?

I would be all over this book!
MG offer a harmonized system for exotic items, and that's catnip for me :)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 01:20 PM   #42
Tinman

I've used the metatronic & psichotronic generators in games and improvised gadeteer/mad-science devices from the metatronic generators. I would love a more comprehensive, full book.
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 07:30 AM   #43
GodBeastX

I had no idea what Metatronic Generators were before this thread. Then I checked my Pyramid library.

Absolutely would buy a book on gadgeteering. It comes up every time someone has the advantage "I wanna make a..."

10/10, make the book!
Old 06-17-2022, 11:18 AM   #44
Christopher R. Rice

I'm compiling some stuff for my blog and would like to crowdsource ideas for MG - if you have something you specifically want to see covered with MGs please post it and in as much depth as you can describe what you mean. Please put multiple requests in bullet points or different paragraphs if possible.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:36 PM   #45
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
I'm compiling some stuff for my blog and would like to crowdsource ideas for MG - if you have something you specifically want to see covered with MGs please post it and in as much depth as you can describe what you mean. Please put multiple requests in bullet points or different paragraphs if possible.

A few things I'd really like to see:
  • Bonuses to hit with weapons (classic fantasy enchantment)
  • Adjustable Prices in relation to TL
  • Stats for generators run off of petroleum
  • Stats for generators run off of "raw magic" that still has to be collected and fed to the generator

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:18 PM   #46
KarlKost

Quote:
I was giving it a look at MGs and I found this:

I dont know who this guy is, but this is absolutely brilliant, so all that I could possibly want for christmas is an expansion on those with a few more worked examples.
KarlKost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:42 PM   #47
The_Ryujin

Quote:
I haven't gotten the special Pyramid issues yet so I'm not sure how much from Metatronic Generator II got off loaded into the Metratronic article you did you for it. That being said, assuming that most of it got in, let's see what other topics I could see being added...
  • Metatronic Wheels: You did say it would take a full on article to handle so I think a book could cover this topic. What's in the draft for MG II laid a good deal of the ground work for this. It think this system will be what at lest 90% of people need to make vehicles for their game.
  • Metatronic Minions! Quick and disposable minions for your super villain to be! Use once and discard, you got more. Are the robots? Maybe! Clones? Sure! Actual living people? Hey! Now you're asking too much!
  • Metatronic Hideouts: Super heroes/villains need a super place to hang their capes!
  • Metatronic Character Modules: Probably has some overlap with minions and maybe this might be a bit too outside the box but worth a shot!. Use the the system to make a simplified characters build modular system for new players or existing who wants to deal with less crunch. Build trait packages that cost "money" rather then CP (you'd be surprised how changing the context of math changes the perceived difficultly of doing said math), give them a budget and let them buy the modules they like. Even things like buying base attributes can handled this way, instead of having them buy up St have them purchase the "Tough Guy" module that includes St +3, +2 HP, High Pain Tolerance and so on.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:00 AM   #48
KarlKost

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
  • Metatronic Character Modules: Probably has some overlap with minions and maybe this might be a bit too outside the box but worth a shot!. Use the the system to make a simplified characters build modular system for new players or existing who wants to deal with less crunch. Build trait packages that cost "money" rather then CP (you'd be surprised how changing the context of math changes the perceived difficultly of doing said math), give them a budget and let them buy the modules they like. Even things like buying base attributes can handled this way, instead of having them buy up St have them purchase the "Tough Guy" module that includes St +3, +2 HP, High Pain Tolerance and so on.
Oh yes, I remember once upon a time from my 3E cyberpunk where you could "buy" cyber enhancements with points or really buy it (without quotes) with money.
KarlKost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 11:24 AM   #49
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
A few things I'd really like to see:
  • Bonuses to hit with weapons (classic fantasy enchantment)
  • Adjustable Prices in relation to TL
  • Stats for generators run off of petroleum
  • Stats for generators run off of "raw magic" that still has to be collected and fed to the generator
Alternative pricing for builds and fuel by TL as well as psudoscience would be very nice.
Probably can do this in a table that sets base price for both and a page or two describing likely options by TL with each TL (including variants) getting a short description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
I haven't gotten the special Pyramid issues yet so I'm not sure how much from Metatronic Generator II got off loaded into the Metratronic article you did you for it. That being said, assuming that most of it got in, let's see what other topics I could see being added...
  • Metatronic Wheels: You did say it would take a full on article to handle so I think a book could cover this topic. What's in the draft for MG II laid a good deal of the ground work for this. It think this system will be what at lest 90% of people need to make vehicles for their game.
  • Metatronic Minions! Quick and disposable minions for your super villain to be! Use once and discard, you got more. Are the robots? Maybe! Clones? Sure! Actual living people? Hey! Now you're asking too much!
  • Metatronic Hideouts: Super heroes/villains need a super place to hang their capes!
Don't really like Character Modules - seems to me to just add complexity but I could be sold on the idea.
Cybernetics and robots on the other hand I'm all for. Including clockwork, biogadgets/minions, and magical creations.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:59 PM   #50
The_Ryujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Don't really like Character Modules - seems to me to just add complexity but I could be sold on the idea. Cybernetics and robots on the other hand I'm all for. Including clockwork, biogadgets/minions, and magical creations.
The character modules was just me spitballing ideas. Was trying to think a little out of box with how the system could be used in ways that go beyond its orginal intent. In the end I'm more interested in giving him things to jump off of then him using my exact ideas.

That being said, what I was thinking with it was to streamline character creation for new players so by default not going to appeal to everyone. It's also a matter of just trying to frame things in a different way since I have found that what people are afraid of isn't the math but the illusion of complexity and if you can change how they see it they might perceive things.

As for cybernetics and clockwork devices, I am pretty sure you'll find see them in what Christopher is working on.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps supplements