Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-25-2007, 08:01 AM   #341
Icelander

Default Re: Chit-chat with Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos
Lancelot Brown, esq.
I have anticipated your wishes, Inspector, and despite the summary slaughter we saw at Hesiod Health Foxx and Oak are prepared to surrender. They do not even make impractical demands for any sort of immunity or consideration for themselves. They are happy—well, only Oak is actually happy about it: Foxx feels rather strongly about this particular fate but she is prepared to do what she must—to spend the rest of their lives sitting nicely in the corner and smiling on cue, if they can further the good of others.

It is a sacrifice your masters ought to appreciate, Inspector. Foxx and Oak are willing to lay down their lives to save others' lives in the greater number. They will plead guilty and endure mindwipe to save the 9,401 people named on von Bork's death-list.
Thórrson (chuckling cynically)
Death list? And who was going to the do the killing? The unarmed service staff your clients easily overpowered with stun weapons and then executed in cold blood or the bicentennial invalid they left to die?
Thórrson (sternly)
We'll have plenty of time to discuss the case later, Mr. Brown. There are more pressing matters that demand our attention.

At this moment there is about a platoon of paramilitary operators outside the crime scene where my team is. Their actions are in violation of several local ordinances, as well as threathening to interfere with an Imperial investigation. More to the point, their actions could be interpreted as preperations for a direct assault against Imperial servants and the authority given to them by the Treaty of Luna.

If these men are under your command or the command of anyone connected to you, I urge you to call them back before the situation escalates. I have no wish to order an orbital strike on colonial ground and I suspect that the Sons of Patrick Henry do not wish to take any action that the Empire would be forced to recognise as a direct challenge to its legal rights.

I expect to see all movement cease as of this moment, Mr. Brown, or there will be a reckoning.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #342
Agemegos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Thórrson (chuckling cynically)
Death list? And who was going to the do the killing? The unarmed service staff your clients easily overpowered with stun weapons and then executed in cold blood or the bicentennial invalid they left to die?
Lancelot Brown
My clients are concerned that the Imperial Secret Service might be keen to do so. Or the government of Cockaigne. Shadowy figures from the Resident's staff. Naval Intelligence operatives….
Thórrson (sternly)
We'll have plenty of time to discuss the case later, Mr. Brown. There are more pressing matters that demand our attention.

At this moment there is about a platoon of paramilitary operators outside the crime scene where my team is. Their actions are in violation of several local ordinances, as well as threatening to interfere with an Imperial investigation. More to the point, their actions could be interpreted as preparations for a direct assault against Imperial servants and the authority given to them by the Treaty of Luna.

If these men are under your command or the command of anyone connected to you, I urge you to call them back before the situation escalates. I have no wish to order an orbital strike on colonial ground and I suspect that the Sons of Patrick Henry do not wish to take any action that the Empire would be forced to recognise as a direct challenge to its legal rights.

I expect to see all movement cease as of this moment, Mr. Brown, or there will be a reckoning.
Lancelot Brown
Time is pressing, since no doubt the Imperial marines are on their way. And once the list is in their hands it will never come back to yours or mine.

You can have a reckoning if you want one, Inspector. Or you can have the case wrapped up without further ado. Hand over the list for me to destroy, or else we meet at Phillippi.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.

Last edited by Agemegos; 10-25-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 PM   #343
Icelander

Quote:
Lancelot Brown
Time is pressing, since no doubt the Imperial marines are on their way. And once teh list is in their hands it will never come back to yours or mine.

You can have a reckoning if you want one, Inspector. Or you can have the case wrapped up without further ado. Hand over the list for me to destroy, or else we meet at Phillippi.
Thórrson (sadly)
The revolutionaries lost at Philippi, Brown.

I'm not your enemy. And the list will be sealed as evidence, not used to perpetuate a reign of shadowy terror.
(earnestly)
Do you really think any organisation in the world could secretly murder almost ten thousand people fast enough to matter? Whatever someone planned for this list, it's too late now.

Now's the time for everyone with a modicum of good sense to work together to salvage what can be saved.

Don't give the tone for Cockaigne by ending this in blood and fire from the sky. Not for this. Not for a list that doesn't matter any more.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #344
Agemegos

Quote:
Thórrson (sadly)
The revolutionaries lost at Philippi, Brown.

I'm not your enemy. And the list will be sealed as evidence, not used to perpetuate a reign of shadowy terror.
(earnestly)
Do you really think any organisation in the world could secretly murder almost ten thousand people fast enough to matter? Whatever someone planned for this list, it's too late now.

Now's the time for everyone with a modicum of good sense to work together to salvage what can be saved.

Don't give the tone for Cockaigne by ending this in blood and fire from the sky. Not for this. Not for a list that doesn't matter any more.
Brown (with intensity)
Fast enough to matter? No. But then I'm not a subscriber to the Great Man theory anyway. However, I am sadly confident that there are organisations desperate enough to try anything. And I am not confident that they would respect the seals on evidence.

If you want to help me salvage these nine thousand lives, destroy von Bork's list.

Nod head. Get treat.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #345
Icelander

Quote:
Brown (with intensity)
Fast enough to matter? No. But then I'm not a subscriber to the Great Man theory anyway. However, I am sadly confident that there are organisations desperate enough to try anything. And I am not confident that they would respect the seals on evidence.

If you want to help me salvage these nine thousand lives, destroy von Bork's list.
Thórrson
Too late, Brown. I told you.

I'm not in the habit of carrying evidence around for no good reason. The optical slug we recovered at Hesiod Health has already been couriered to the 'Residence.

Depending on flight conditions, it will be locked down in the evidence room within the ten or fifteen minutes.

Now throw down your weapons and stop moving. The INS Cheshire is orbiting above us and will be in position for an orbital strike before your men can enter the house.

We both know that I don't have a legal right to order that strike. And we both know I'd break local law to keep my team safe and accept the consequences afterwards.

Throw down your weapons, Brown. It's over.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:46 PM   #346
Agemegos

Quote:
Thórrson
Throw down your weapons, Brown. It's over.
Brown
It might have been, Inspector. It could have been over now if you had been willing to save nine thousand lives. But as it is there must be one more throw of the dice, and the results will be as much on your head as on mine.

You haven't met a courier since you arrived at Le Nôtre Research this morning, Inspector. Lieutenant Ashbless gave the memory module to Lethe at an out-door café less than an hour ago, and I'm pretty sure he still has it. Unless he left it in the car.
Brown hangs up. There comes a sound as though a giant were tearing canvas woven from high-tensile fencing-wire, and invisible teeth start chewing up the DoJ aircars. Presently a few hypersonic slivers find their way into vital components of the cellular comms servers, and all cellular communications are lost.

Nod head. Get treat.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #347
dscheidt

Default Re: 9,401, an SF thriller

Ashbless:

Hey, Guv? Does that mean we can shoot them now?
Old 11-04-2007, 05:48 PM   #348
Rupert

Seeing as any plans to shoot the Bad Guys before they enter the complex have died in a hail of dithering, talking, and poor ground to stage such an action, and the Bad Guys are about to enter the building(s), Naiooka will settle for preparing to fight a retreating action from the ground floor to the basement.

In order to not get cut off, that means not moving far from the stairwells, so find cover by one of them, with LOS to the other, if possible, and set up there.

Naiooka (to Ashbless)

Ma'am, perhaps you would like to cover to the west, while I watch the east? And don't get out of line of sight of me or the stairs, please.
Naiooka (to Thorsson via comms)

Am preparing defence against intruders, Sir.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #349
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscheidt
Ashbless:

Hey, Guv? Does that mean we can shoot them now?
Thórrson
Weapons free as of this moment, Sul.
(to the entire team over 'tracee)
You heard me. Weapons free. Execute at your discretion.
(to Ishikawa)
Requesting report on orbital fire mission.

Set S-phone for continous data-feed to the INS Cheshire of all our team comms and the UAV feeds.

The Sons of Patrick Henry will be doing whatever they do under the eyes of the Empire and the world.

Last edited by Icelander; 11-04-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #350
Icelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert
Naiooka (to Thorsson via comms)

Am preparing defence against intruders, Sir.
Thórrson (over 'tracee)
Direct us without voice comms as much as you can, Corp.
Good luck.

Tags
actual play, custom setting, flat black, mysteries