Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-21-2007, 04:26 PM   #331
Agemegos

Default Ishikawa on the blower to Upstairs

Ishikawa (on uplink to the Navy)
Marchlord, this is Boondocks. We have need of your services, over.
The officer of the watch, INS Cheshire
Boondocks, this is Marchlord receiving. Over.
Ishikawa
We've got seven aircars incoming, assumed hostile. A ride out for five plus a little old lady who can't walk and is on portable lifesupport, plus some boys riding shotgun would be great.
The officer of the watch, INS Cheshire
Roger, Boondocks. The marines are suited up and sitting nicely. Stand by for relief in . . . sixteen minutes.

Aah. You'll have to hold out for nine minutes before we can land a boat for evacuation. Over.
Ishikawa
Boondocks out.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.

Last edited by Agemegos; 10-21-2007 at 08:35 PM.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:01 PM   #332
Agemegos

Default Ashbless and Naiooka consider defending the approaches of the building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert
There is no way Naiooka is going on the roof - instead he'll look for a position in the upper floor with a decent field of fire
There really isn't anywhere in the main building that has a decent field of fire. It is simply impossible to cover all the approaches to the building from only two firing posts. You would need at least four or five to cover all the obvious landing site/approach combinations. And the approaching oppo have enough vehicles to land in the dead ground behind each of the guest wings, in the courtyard, on the roof, and outside the south front front simultaneously—with a vehicle left over to load with ANFO and fly in through the front door.

Nod head. Get treat.

Last edited by Agemegos; 10-21-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:21 PM   #333
Agemegos

Default Lethe picks up the Sons' comms traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
While talking absent-mindedly to Thórrson, Lethe starts to check radio frequencies and protocols for the one the supposed bad guys are using. If possible, he sets a smart program to do the job, or at least to help with it.

Lethe (to himself)
...or I could listen to what our new friends are talking about.
Lethe just manages to catch a burst of traffic as the cell station in Thórrson's aircar handshakes with a gaggle of cellular 'phones arriving in range. Then Thórrson's tracee chimes an incoming call. A mellifluous baritone speaks:

Lancelot Brown, esq.
Inspector Thórrson? This is Lancelot Brown speaking.
. . . .

Brown
Inspector, I am an attorney representing Kitsune Foxx and Azazael bond Oak. They have heard that Imperial warrants have been issued for their arrest, and I have advised them in the strongest terms that they ought to turn themselves in. But they are rather alarmed by the way their case is being reported on the Net….
. . . .

Brown
Of course, Inspector. But you can imagine why they have not turned themselves in at the nearest Public Safety station. In any case, I have to follow the instructions of my clients, and they say that unless they recieve acceptable assurances they would rather take their chances as fugitives until a sympathetic government takes over on Cockaigne.

Nod head. Get treat.

Last edited by Agemegos; 10-22-2007 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #334
Agemegos

Default Ishikawa trundles von Bork to the basement

Quote:
Ishikawa goes about prepping von Bork, and her support gear for the move, and pre-planning the route she'll take, using the HUD and the building plans so that no nasty surprises (tight spaces, etc.) mess things up.
There is one problem. With the power out the lift will be out, which means using the fire stairs. Von Bork's wheely bed won't get into the firestairs. Ideally, you'd like a stretcher or a gurney, but you don't have a lot of time to look for one. Which means that someone had better carry her down the stairs (not a problem, there can barely be forty kilos of her). You had better rope someone in to carry her drip.

Nod head. Get treat.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #335
Rupert

Default Re: Ishikawa trundles von Bork to the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos
There is one problem. With the power out the lift will be out, which means using the fire stairs. Von Bork's wheely bed won't get into the firestairs. Ideally, you'd like a stretcher or a gurney, but you don't have a lot of time to look for one. Which means that someone had better carry her down the stairs (not a problem, there can barely be forty kilos of her). You had better rope someone in to carry her drip.
Ishikawa

I'm going to need a little help back here, with some of the gear. Lethe, lend us a hand, eh?

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #336
dscheidt

Default Re: 9,401, an SF thriller

Ashbless follows Naiooka into the basement.

Ashbless: (to whoever is carrying Von Bork)

Don't worry about the drip, just bring the bag. I don't think this is going to last long enough to dehydrate.

Last edited by dscheidt; 10-23-2007 at 09:47 AM.
dscheidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #337
zorg
Experimental Subject

Default Re: Ishikawa trundles von Bork to the basement

Quote:
Ishikawa

I'm going to need a little help back here, with some of the gear. Lethe, lend us a hand, eh?
Lethe (absently)
Very well.
Lethe uses a smart program to take over the checking of frequencies and decrypting the oppositions communications for him, and helps Ishikawa to carry Von Bork to the basement. He more or less carries anything Ishikawa puts in his hands.

Via his HUD, he monitors the programs status, ready to take over if necessary. Lethe lets Ishikawa take the lead, since he is definitely distracted by keeping an eye on the various data streams displayed on his HUD.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #338
Icelander

Default Re: Lethe picks up the Sons' comms traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos
Lethe just manages to catch a burst of traffic as the cell station in Thórrson's aircar handshakes with a gaggle of cellular 'phones arriving in range. Then Thórrson's tracee chimes an incoming call. A mellifluous baritone speaks:
Lancelot Brown, esq.
Inspector Thórrson? This is Lancelot Brown speaking.
Thórrson
This is Inspector Thórrson.
Brown
Inspector, I am an attorney representing Kitsune Foxx and Azazael bond Oak. They have heard that Imperial warrants have been issued for their arrest, and I have advised them in the strongest terms that they ought to turn themselves in. But they are rather alarmed by the way their case is being reported on the Net….
Thórrson
The Empire doesn't control the media. You can't blame me if some people take exception to video-taped executions of unarmed people.

In any event, 'Net coverage doesn't make much of a difference in that their safest course of action is to turn themselves in.
Brown
Of course, Inspector. But you can imagine why they have not turned themselves in at the nearest Public Safety station. In any case, I have to follow the instructions of my clients, and they say that unless they recieve acceptable assurances they would rather take their chances as fugitives until a sympathetic government takes over on Cockaigne.
Thórrson
I'm not a lawyer, but I think following the instructions of your clients is not a legal defence for committing crimes in any legal system. You're aiding and abetting, Brown, and you know it.

These premises are the scene of a crime. I ask you and your client to stop before you enter them.

And I implore you to think of the consequences of your actions before you act rashly.

The possibility of a friendly government taking over are remote, at best. The odds of them managing to stop the violence once its started are even worse.

Help your clients, Brown. Tell them to turn themselves over to us and we'll make sure that they get a fair trial and no possibility of corporeal punishment.
While Thórrson talks, he takes up a position in a window, well back so he's not lighted. He wants to have a visual on the aircars and the as much of the approaches he can, but he doesn't want to be seen. If he can put cover in front of him, he will.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:41 AM   #339
Agemegos

Default Chit-chat with Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Thórrson
I'm not a lawyer, but I think following the instructions of your clients is not a legal defence for committing crimes in any legal system. You're aiding and abetting, Brown, and you know it.

These premises are the scene of a crime. I ask you and your client to stop before you enter them.

And I implore you to think of the consequences of your actions before you act rashly.

The possibility of a friendly government taking over are remote, at best. The odds of them managing to stop the violence once its started are even worse.

Help your clients, Brown. Tell them to turn themselves over to us and we'll make sure that they get a fair trial and no possibility of corporeal punishment.
Lancelot Brown, esq.
I have anticipated your wishes, Inspector, and despite the summary slaughter we saw at Hesiod Health Foxx and Oak are prepared to surrender. They do not even make impractical demands for any sort of immunity or consideration for themselves. They are happy—well, only Oak is actually happy about it: Foxx feels rather strongly about this particular fate but she is prepared to do what she must—to spend the rest of their lives sitting nicely in the corner and smiling on cue, if they can further the good of others.

It is a sacrifice your masters ought to appreciate, Inspector. Foxx and Oak are willing to lay down their lives to save others' lives in the greater number. They will plead guilty and endure mindwipe to save the 9,401 people named on von Bork's death-list.

Nod head. Get treat.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #340
Agemegos

Default Via Lethe's reconnaissance drones.

Using the cameras on his drones, Lethe is able to make out that two aircars (a sports model and an air-van) land in the dead ground behind one guest wing, another two (a limousine and a saloon model) in the dead ground behind the other, and a third pair in the garden opposite the main door, behind some trees. The seventh aircar, another van, takes up a hovering position behind a ridge 1200 metres away.

Ten people dressed in light armour disembark at each of the landing groups. The have a motley assortment of cone rifles and sliver rifles, but each is armed. The groups that landed in cover hurry into the colonnades of the buildings. The ground that landed in the garden spread out and take cover.

Nod head. Get treat.

Tags
actual play, custom setting, flat black, mysteries