Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #321
Agemegos
 
Agemegos's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Oz
Default Re: Von Bork's room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert
Ishikawa

Dme. von Bork, I'm Special Agent Ishikawa, with the Imperial Department of Justice. I was wondering, in all your simulations, was it better or worse if the Imperium intervened before any revolution really took off? Also, in your opinion, is a rebellion or revolution inevitable at this point, or can it still be averted?
Von Bork
Imperial intervention is a leaf on the wind. The Empire isn't big enough, rich enough, or near enough to determine the outcome of a planetary-scale event. All they ever do is guard refugee camps.

For your second question: an uprising is inevitable within a week. There are still three months before its success or failure is assured.
__________________

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:50 PM   #322
dscheidt
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Default Re: Von Bork's room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Thórrson
(to Ashbless)
If she's stable, I need you, Sul.

I reckon Cpl. Naiooka will want an elevated firing position and you're the best rifle shot apart from him. You're acting spotter for him unless he has any objections.

And get me precise firing coordinates on the likely approach routes and the probable dismount positions on those aircars. See if the tac-software can tell you if there's civilian traffic that might conflict with our airspace, as well. If Sir Captain Guy can give us orbital fire, we want to have it plotted out before we need it, not afterwards.
Ashbless: (To Thorrson, at a low volume)

Until someone shoots her, she'll be fine, Guvn'r.

(To Naiooka, at normal volume)
You heard the Inspector, Corporal. Let's go find that position. Do you have a long arm I can borrow in that bag of goodies of yours?


Ashbless checks the rest of gear, again, and follows Naiooka out of the room.
dscheidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:32 AM   #323
Icelander
 
Icelander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Iceland*
Default Thórrson and Lethe scramble to OP2

Thórrson (to Lethe)
See if you can find me any way to communicate with the intruders without giving up my position. Patching my tracee through the aircar sound systems, piggybacking on local networks, direct comms to their systems; anything.

If we possibly can, we want to keep them talking instead of shooting while we wait for help.
While he's talking, Thórrson is checking the loadout of his shotgun and making sure his jacket fits neatly over his rigid armour. He gives Lethe a quick once-over as well, checking if his gear is securely fastened and motions for Lethe to do the same to him.

Thórrson (to Ishikawa over tracee)
Ask if there's a way to talk to people on the lawn through the house's systems that will still work with the generators down.
__________________
Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:52 AM   #324
zorg
Experimental Subject
 
zorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: saarbrücken, germany
Default Re: Thórrson and Lethe scramble to OP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Thórrson (to Lethe)
See if you can find me any way to communicate with the intruders without giving up my position. Patching my tracee through the aircar sound systems, piggybacking on local networks, direct comms to their systems; anything.

If we possibly can, we want to keep them talking instead of shooting while we wait for help.
While he's talking, Thórrson is checking the loadout of his shotgun and making sure his jacket fits neatly over his rigid armour. He gives Lethe a quick once-over as well, checking if his gear is securely fastened and motions for Lethe to do the same to him.
Lethe
No problem, sir.
After having checked Thórrsons armor superficially, Lethe re-routs the comm signal via the aircar comm system, overlays a filter on the vid transmission and puts one of his custom-made anti-trace programs to good use, ensuring that Thórrson can speak to the new arrivals without giving away his position, any background details or even enough of his face to allow clear identification. Thórrsons voice will be unchanged, so as not to impede his fast talking.

Lethe
You're good to go.
Without pause, Lethe continues with his electronic wizardry. Though he did grab a few gas grenades, he didn't take any additional guns.

Lethe connects to the air cars the DoJ team arrived in, and sets their sonic area denial systems to activate if any person - besides the DoJ team - comes within a few meters. The SADS won't play anything as frivolous as music, of course, but instead boom criminal law code.
Also, the cars will start flashing all available lights at that time, as well as their engines.

Lethe (checking his grenades)
Let's bring Von Bork somewhere safe, sir. I suggest the cellar, or maybe a wardrobe. We should retreat to a defensible position, too. The cellar, maybe.

If you could buy us a few minutes talking to the arrivals, I could try to attach some grenades to door handles, and put up some makeshift barriers. I assume the corporal knows better than to open fire too early?
__________________
Like a mail order mogwai...but nerdier - Nymdok
understanding is a three-edged sword

Last edited by zorg; 10-05-2007 at 05:53 AM.
zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #325
Rupert
 
Rupert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellington, NZ
Default Re: 9,401, an SF thriller

Very good, Sir.

Ishikawa will get on the uplink [and I can't for the life of me remember or find the name of our Navy contact] and request support and evac for the team and one elderly lady in need of a smoother ride than a bug-out in an aircar can provide.

Ishikawa (on uplink to the Navy)

Marchlord, this is Boondocks. We have need of your services, over.

...

We've got seven aircars incoming, assumed hostile. A ride out for five plus a little old lady who can't walk and is on portable lifesupport, plus some boys riding shotgun would be great. Boondocks out.
__________________
Rupert Boleyn

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:57 AM   #326
zorg
Experimental Subject
 
zorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: saarbrücken, germany
Default Re: 9,401, an SF thriller

While talking absent-mindedly to Thórrson, Lethe starts to check radio frequencies and protocols for the one the supposed bad guys are using. If possible, he sets a smart program to do the job, or at least to help with it.

Lethe (to himself)
...or I could listen to what our new friends are talking about.
__________________
Like a mail order mogwai...but nerdier - Nymdok
understanding is a three-edged sword

Last edited by zorg; 10-05-2007 at 07:12 AM.
zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #327
Icelander
 
Icelander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Iceland*
Default Re: Thórrson and Lethe scramble to OP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
Lethe (checking his grenades)
Let's bring Von Bork somewhere safe, sir. I suggest the cellar, or maybe a wardrobe. We should retreat to a defensible position, too. The cellar, maybe.

If you could buy us a few minutes talking to the arrivals, I could try to attach some grenades to door handles, and put up some makeshift barriers. I assume the corporal knows better than to open fire too early?
Thórrson (to Lethe)
I'll make sure no one opens fire without my say so.

You're right on the retreat part. See to it that Cpl. Naiooka has your map of the area so he can pick out several firing positions for us to use on a gradual retreat to the basement.
Thórrson (to everyone over tracee)
We don't want an engagement if we can avoid it. Do not fire until I give the 'weapons-clear' order or you face imminent harm to one of us.
Thórrson (to Ashbless and Naiooka over tracee)
We'll hit them outside if they approach without cover and then sting them from a series of designated retreat points inside the building. Assume that our comms are monitored and that they left bugs behind.

I'll send our final location over secure non-verbal link.
Thórrson sends a short text blurb to all of his team, set to flash on HUD, that the final fall-back point is the basement. He sends a special message to Ishikawa to get the witness ready to move to the basement ASAP.
__________________
Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:14 AM   #328
zorg
Experimental Subject
 
zorg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: saarbrücken, germany
Default Re: Thórrson and Lethe scramble to OP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Thórrson (to Lethe)
I'll make sure no one opens fire without my say so.

You're right on the retreat part. See to it that Cpl. Naiooka has your map of the area so he can pick out several firing positions for us to use on a gradual retreat to the basement.
Lethe
Understood.
Lethe pauses a second to send Naiooka his map of the area, then continues with his work.
__________________
Like a mail order mogwai...but nerdier - Nymdok
understanding is a three-edged sword
zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:30 AM   #329
Rupert
 
Rupert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellington, NZ
Default Re: Thórrson and Lethe scramble to OP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Thórrson sends a short text blurb to all of his team, set to flash on HUD, that the final fall-back point is the basement. He sends a special message to Ishikawa to get the witness ready to move to the basement ASAP.
Ishikawa

As you wish, Sir.
Ishikawa (to von Bork)

Ma'am, we're going to have to move you to a more secure location. In the immediate term that means your basement.
Ishikawa goes about prepping von Bork, and her support gear for the move, and pre-planning the route she'll take, using the HUD and the building plans so that no nasty surprises (tight spaces, etc.) mess things up.

Ishikawa (to Thorrson)

All ready to move the witness, Sir.
__________________
Rupert Boleyn

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:39 AM   #330
Rupert
 
Rupert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellington, NZ
Default Re: Thórrson and Lethe scramble to OP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander
Thórrson (to Ashbless and Naiooka over tracee)

We'll hit them outside if they approach without cover and then sting them from a series of designated retreat points inside the building. Assume that our comms are monitored and that they left bugs behind.
Naiooka (to Thórrson)

Sir, with all due respect, we can cover the approaches just as well from inside.
Given the supposed lack of secure comms, he'll not elaborate. Besides, there's no time for an argument.

There is no way Naiooka is going on the roof - instead he'll look for a position in the upper floor with a decent field of fire, but which isn't easy to spot (eg, well back from a window), and make sure he's got a clear line of retreat, which he'll provide some hasty barricades to the flanks of. He'll also make sure Ashbless is in a similar position close enough they can support each other in a fighting retreat.
__________________
Rupert Boleyn

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
actual play, custom setting, flat black, mysteries

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.