Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #31
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Extreme Regeneration and Costs HP

Fatigue recovery is fairly easy anyway. A character with Breath Control can recovery 1 FP every two minutes of rest (with Fit or Very Fit, 1 FP per minute of rest from FP not spent on magic or powers). A character with HT 16, Fit, and Breath Control-16 just needs 32 minutes to recharge their batteries (16 minutes if recharging FP not spent on magic or powers). The same character requires one day to heal one point of HP, meaning that the difference of recovery is a factor of 1:7,200 (or 1:14,000). And FP regeneration already starts at 1 FP/minute for 50 points because you avoid having to spend time resting.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #32
weby

Default Re: Extreme Regeneration and Costs HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
That's certainly a PoV with a right to exist and with some reasonable support by arguments.
My point is that your concerns look at a grander issue that the specific of Extreme Regeneration. They're about the fairness of pool regeneration in the broader sense.
Yes, my concerns are broader than just what the Op asked, but the reply I gave was about the specific issue. It is based on you should not get free points as stated explicitly in powerups 8. So to not give those free points the things has to be forbidden, extremely heavily reduced or made so that it is still limiting.

Some other have proposed either disallowing it totally or reducing it a lot, my solution is to allow it if the player wants it and they get the full benefit but at a cost of having it limit them. Which of the solutions to pick is up to the GM.

Tags
costs hp, modifiers, regeneration