Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-13-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
Jaware

Default Leech advantage as a follow up attack to an innate attack

I am looking for a way to make Leech work with out the sustained maeuver part.

What I'm wanting to do is make an attack, something like a regular missile spell that you overcharge or what have you. Then if the attack penetrated dr and did actual injury then the leech advantage would trigger to heal you for 1/3rd the injury received.

As far as I know, it would take something along the lines of triggered, blood agent, follow up, the innate attack itself, and some other odds and ends that I'm not familiar with.

I suppose I could also require a skil roll to activate the leech to see if it successfully heals or not.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Jaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Leech advantage as a follow up attack to an innate attack

As I said in your previous thread, adapting Vampiric Strike into Vampiric Bolt is the simplest method, and is based on injury caused by the "carrier" attack.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #3
Jaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
As I said in your previous thread, adapting Vampiric Strike into Vampiric Bolt is the simplest method, and is based on injury caused by the "carrier" attack.
I apologize, I didn't see where you had offered that.

Could you elaborate on where they are at in the books? I don't remember seeing either of them in my skimming.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #4
Nereidalbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaware View Post
I apologize, I didn't see where you had offered that.

Could you elaborate on where they are at in the books? I don't remember seeing either of them in my skimming.
Vampiric Strike is in Power-Ups 1: Imbuements. Cloning the effects and calling it Vampiric Bolt to apply to ranged attacks really isn't going to cause any problems.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:38 PM   #5
Jaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
Vampiric Strike is in Power-Ups 1: Imbuements. Cloning the effects and calling it Vampiric Bolt to apply to ranged attacks really isn't going to cause any problems.
I appreciate it my friend, I apologize I skimmed through and I read what imbuements were incorrectly.

That does solve my problem perfectly.

I have but one more idol idea left to toy with. If you may be able to help me since you know waaaaay more about this than I do.

I'm thinking about how to make an attack do a "reliable" for the next attack hit.

Like for example how it says you can take a -5 to your skill to heal in a 1 to 2 instead of a 1 to 3, or a -10 to heal in a 1 to 1 etc.

Would it be possible make an attack where it applies a stack of reliable for that specific modifier to eat the negative off? But only once?

Like attack A is the vampiric bolt, attack B just does damage at the cost of HP to cast, and gives maybe a reliable 2 for eating penalties off of attack As modifier on the next turn?

Then next time attack A is made, it would make the penalty for a 1 to 2 a -3, or a 1 to 1 a -8?

And if you could go a step further, and say that it was stackable up to 3 times in a row. So attack B would give a +2 to eat off the negative, then an additional attack B would give another +2, and then an additional attack B would give a final +2. Effectively making attack a get a +6 reliable to the modifier?

Did any of that make any sense?

Tags
advantages, leech, modifiers, powers