Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #81
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Also, just uploaded Version 1.19e. Still more bug fixes, including a complete rewrite of the Weapon Battery power usage and more tweaking to the Core Macro (still trying to get it right for use in Office 2003/07/10)

http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/Spaceships119.zip

http://gurpsland.no-ip.org/zip/Spaceships119.7z
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #82
Mgellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
That's part of the Core Macro, which I have written and rewritten about a dozen times now trying to tweak it. I've made another significant change to it for the next release, which may alleviate the error message you're seeing.
Okay, this is weird, but maybe worth reporting...I deleted the spreadsheet and reinstalled it from the zip file and now it's not giving me the REF error anymore. (Or, maybe I just haven't tried adding the "right" system yet.) I don't know if that means anything.

Quote:
I don't know. I haven't even read Spaceships 8 yet, so I don't know how the design switches affects anything.
S8:TS adds two propulsion systems that must have been in earlier books, too, because they are in the spreadsheet already. There are a few new design features (including small robot arms that are just part of the hull) and design switches that include Advanced Computers. It's a fun book.
Mgellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #83
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgellis View Post
S8:TS adds two propulsion systems that must have been in earlier books, too, because they are in the spreadsheet already. There are a few new design features (including small robot arms that are just part of the hull) and design switches that include Advanced Computers. It's a fun book.
For the Advanced Computers you can change the TL of an individual component from a column entry all the way to the right; Modular/TL/Power appears just to the left of the complete cost breakdown.

I *DID* just realize that no Note is generated for that, and I'm not sure how I'm going to add a Notes for it.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #84
Mgellis

Quote:
Also, just uploaded Version 1.19e. Still more bug fixes, including a complete rewrite of the Weapon Battery power usage and more tweaking to the Core Macro (still trying to get it right for use in Office 2003/07/10)

Sorry, Eric, I found another bug...when you select Rapid Fire and Very Rapid Fire for guns, it doesn't divide the caliber by two and four...it INCREASES the caliber by two and four.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #85
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgellis View Post
Sorry, Eric, I found another bug...when you select Rapid Fire and Very Rapid Fire for guns, it doesn't divide the caliber by two and four...it INCREASES the caliber by two and four.
Ya know, I know exactly what's causing that, and I thought I'd fixed it. Apparently I must not have saved it after making the fix.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #86
ericbsmith

Also, just uploaded Version 1.19f. Fixed the Caliber bug as well as another one related to weapon power usage (they just had to create a Tail Weapon Mount, which doesn't require power. Really?).

Kaboom-baya.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:26 AM   #87
ericbsmith

Posted Version 1.19g
Significant changes in this update include a complete reworking of how Reaction Engine options are handled; you can now assign each individual engine system with the High-Thrust, Ram-Rocket, or Water/Ammonia/Methane fuel option. This will allow you to have, for instance, one High-Thrust and one regular engine. Similarly, Super Stardrives have been broken out and listed as their own system, allowing you to have a mix of regular and super FTL drives.

These changes are the first major step in my next goal, which is to institute Performance Profiles and Fuel Tank contents assignment. At the very least there will be two Aerial and two Space profiles available, which you can assign different engines to each profile, allowing for multiple Air and Space performance calculations. With the Fuel Tank content assignments the sheet will then be able to accurately judge the Delta-V for each Performance Profile.

I'm still not quite sure how I'm going to institute these changes, so it may be a little while before it gets done, but I definitely want to get it done.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:43 AM   #88
panton41

I've had trouble running macros on these sheets in that Excel refuses to accept the security certificate and don't even give me the option of turning them on one time only. I have a feeling it's seeing the self-signed certificate and (rightfully) raising a red flag and blocking it outright.

Quirks: Doesn't proofread forum posts before clicking "Submit". [-1]

Quote:
"My mace speaks Goblin." Antoni Ten Monros
panton41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #89
ericbsmith

In Excel 2007 click the MSOffice Button (top left corner) -> Excel Options (bottom button) -> Trust Center (left menu) -> Trust Center Settings (right pane button) -> Trusted Locations (left menu) -> Add Location

And select the folder where the Spaceships spreadsheet is located. At some point in the future I'll probably be making an Excel2007 Macros Enabled version available which will have the Self-Signed Certificate removed from the project to facilitate it's use, but right now I'm still doing the bulk of the work in Excel 2000 because I like it's menu structure better (why did MS have to change EVERYTHING just for change's sake?). I need the Self-Signed Certificate to keep Excel 2000 from flaking out on me with the macros.

As with earlier versions the Macros are not absolutely necessary, they just provide some added functionality including the ability to automatically show or hide rows, reset the sheet automatically, change the column, row, and Font sizes to a few predefined values, and a few other niceties.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 08-05-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #90
Mgellis

Eric, sorry, but another weird error has popped up. On small ships, the Hnd/SR cell gives me a #Value! error. It only happens on ships of SM+6 or smaller.

Mark

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet