Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-10-2015, 01:39 AM   #11
Rockwolf66

Default Re: Post Your Characters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Overall, looks good for a near-future, possibly cyberpunk, Shadowrun-eque campaign. Question about his Duty, though: what's the Frequency of Appearance? (I'm ASSuming it's a 6, given the "inactive" part, but can't be sure.)
Well the man still has two years left in his initial service contract with the USMC. Basically the DOD can still call him up and tell him to report to the Marine base of their choice.

While he was nominally an MOS 0331 he was attached to various units. Some of what he did was to back up Force Recon units. Basically his file notes that he is capable of supporting unconventional units. Why he would be called up is unknown but if he is it will be very hazardous duty.
Rockwolf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:58 AM   #12
smurf
Banned

A NPC that could be a PC

1000 pts Super

The ‘Tank’
US Army Officer: Shaven head, clean cut, 45 years old, 6’4” and 230lbs
ST 14
DX14
IQ12
HT14 FP18

Advantages
Combat Reflexes
High Pain Threshold
Military Rank 5
Trained by a Master
Very Fit
Wealth (Very Wealthy)

Disadvantages
Bad Temper <=12
Soldier’s Code
CBH Meditation <=6
Curious <=12
Duty US Army <=9
Intolerance to other Supers
Sadism <=12
Secret War Criminal from the Amazone wars (death)
Selfish <=12
Stubbornness

Super Abilities:
Lightning Attack 580pts

40d (10)bu Acc 8 Range 500/5000 Rof 1skill 17
Takes Recharge -20%, Preparation Required -20%, Obvious -5%, arms and hands free to move -10%, biological, Mutant, Chis -30%, increased range +50%, Armour Divisor +200%, Accurate +25%
Ball Lightning Attack 90pts
20d(3) bu (16) Acc 8 Range 500/5000 ROF 1 skill 17

Takes Recharge -20%, Preparation Required -20%, Obvious -5%, arms and hands free to move -10%, biological, Mutant, Chis -30%, increased range +50%, Armour Divisor +100%, Accurate +25%, Surge +20%, Area Effect +200%, Alternative Ability 1/5
Fork Lightning
10d(5)bu, Acc 13 500/5000 Rof3 Skill 17

Takes Recharge -20%, Preparation Required -20%, Obvious -5%, arms and hands free to move -10%, biological, Mutant, Chis -30%, increased range +50%, Armour Divisor +150%, Accurate +50%, Surge +20%, Area Effect +200%, Rapid Fire +50%, Reduced Fatigue Cost + 20% Alternative Ability 1/5

Skillls
Administration 11
TL10 Battle Sut 13
Body Control 13
Breath Control 14
Camouflage 13
Current Affairs, Business, Politics, Science 12
Driving 13
Gunner MG 14
Guns Pistol, Rifle 15
Innate Attack Beam 17
Intel Analysis 11
Interrogation 12
Karate 13
Leadership 13
Meditation 12
Stealth 13
Strategy Land 12
Survival Desert, Beach, Jungle, Woodlands 11
Tactics 12

Quirks
Proud, Likes to look smart, careful, Chauvinistic, Doesn't Like scruffiness
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #13
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

I present to you my first ever GURPS character. It was a 100 point fantasy campaign, run by a GM who was still used to 3rd edition and unaware of the point inflation. Disadvantage Limit was nominally -30, but attributes could be sold down to 8 without counting against the limit and anything that went in some other box on the standard character sheet rather than Disadvantages/Quirks didn't count (low TL, missing Languages, reduced secondary characteristics, etc.).

Missile spells ignored DR, and 1d worth could be cast and thrown in a single turn. We didn't have the GURPS Magic book at the time, but did have the prerequisite tree PDF, so I bought a bunch of spells without knowing what they did.

My goal was to make a wizard/knight with a little bit of wilderness survival for support purposes. I was surprised none of the other players wanted to be wizards, so even though it was only a part of my concept and not the main thing I was built around I was de-facto "the wizard".

Original concept called for boomerangs as main ranged weapon, but Basic Set frustrated me by listing the skill but not giving any stats.

We misread the rules for TL and starting cash, so my character began with $500, those native to the TL2 Viking settlement on the New World (dinosaur-infested South America) had $750 and paid [0] at chargen while those from the medieval Old World (our party's dwarves, a lockpicking/wall-climbing prospector and a combat monster) had /TL3 skills and $1,000 starting cash also for [0] points...the GM was indecicive about whether base TL for the setting was "2 or 3" so basically both counted as true. And then he realized the rapiers he wanted to give the elves were TL4, but I helpfully found and pointed out the rule for simply doubling their price for each TL of difference.

I would have played a half-elf if they existed in this world (there were rumors concerning the reason royalty from my archipelago had blue hair but no documented cases of interracial relations). I considered playing an elf, but the GM's template was somewhere on the order of 70-80 points. The GM tried talking me into dwarf, which half the party were, but on 100 points I couldn't have afforded Magery, the 40-50 point Dwarf template, and buying the Enhanced modifier on the racial Magic Resistance (somewhere in the 3-5 range) even if I wanted to be a dwarf.

Surprisingly, while he vetoed the wolf ears and tail he still let my buy the exotic Catfall advantage.

I had a definite triskodecaphilia thing going on and one of my long-term goals was to buy all four Attributes up to 13 by the time I reached adulthood. I also wanted to buy First Aid up to 26 so that its default of Physician-15 would let me cancel critical fails with healing spells (Physician not existing as such in this pre-TL5 world sadly). Game lasted all of four (very fun!) sessions before someone told my parents I was playing D&D.

Name: Thane Q. Greenaxe
Description: Human wizard. 5'3", 133 lbs, SM 0, 13 yrs old. Blue hair and a cheerful, innocent looking face with bright eyes. Wears green tunic and leather-backed bamboo armor (styled after the yoroi of a toy samurai I saw somewhere) with a red cloak.

Attributes: ST 9[-10], DX 10[0], IQ 11[20], HT 12[20].
Secondary Characteristics: HP 10[2], Will 11[0], Per 11[0], FP 12[0], Basic Speed 5.00[-10], Basic Move 5[0].
Cultural Hoo-Ha: CF: Sunrise Islands[0]; Language: Common (Native); Language: Elvish (Accented/None)[2]; TL 1[-5].
Advantages: Magery 3[35], Catfall[10], Ambidexterity[5], Animal Empathy[5], Eidetic Memory[5], Rapid Healing[5].
Perks: Honest Face[1], Distinctive Feature: Blue Hair[1], Feature: All spell effects are colored pink[1].
Disadvantages: Code of Honor(Gentleman's)[-10], Easy to Read[-10], Chummy[-5], Curious(12)[-5].
Quirks: Likes Bats[-1], Likes Garlic[-1], Dislikes Seafood[-1], Likes Pink[-1], Likes Crafting/Eating Bamboo[-1].
Skills: Axe/Mace(DX-1)[1]-9, Shortsword(DX)[2]-10, Broadsword(DX-1)[1]-9, Rapier(DX-1)[1]-9, Knife(DX)[1]-10, Bow(DX)[2]-10, Fast-Draw(Arrow)(DX)[1]-10, Fast-Draw(Sword)(DX)[1]-10, Shield(DX)[1]-10, Brawling(DX+2)[4]-12, Innate Attack(Projectile)(DX)[1]-10, Climbing(DX-1)[1]-9, Swimming(HT)[1]-12, First-Aid/TL1(IQ)[1]-11, Naturalist(IQ)[4]-11, Thaumatology(IQ)[1]-11 Crafting(Bamboo)/TL1(IQ-1)[1]-10*.
Spells: Recover Energy(IQ+4)[8]-15, Minor Healing(IQ+3)[4]-14, Fireball(IQ+2)[2]-13. The following spells for 1 point apiece:
Lend Energy-12, Lend Vitality-12, Major Healing-11, Cure Disease-12, Neutralize Poison-12, Instant Neutralize Poison-11, Seek Plant-12, Identify Plant-12, Beast Soother-12, Shape Plant-12, Heal Plant-12, Pollen Cloud-12, Hide Path-12, Rain of Nuts-12, Essential Wood-12, Seek Earth-12, Shape Earth-12, Earth to Stone-12, Flesh to Stone-12, Create Earth-12, Stone to Flesh-12, Purify Air-12, Ignite Fire-12, Shape Fire-12, Create Fire-12, Explosive Fireball-12, Flame Jet-12, Apportation-12, Light-12, Continual Light-12, Test Food-12, Seek Food-12, and Seek Water-12.

Equipment: This section changed a lot, but it started with a bronze shortsword (for $200), brass knuckles, light shield, shortbow, and armor with the same in-game stats as Basic Set's leather armor (my character made it himself as part of his backstory). Once we got Magic, my GM encouraged me to exploit Essential Wood to turn my DR 2 armor into DR 6 armor. We were frustrated by the lack of rules for scrolls and potions in the Basic Set, so we'd made up our own incompatible rulings by the time we got a hold of that book.

* I'm not sure whether to write this down as Armoury(Body Armor)/TL1, Armoury(Melee Weapons)/TL1, Armoury(Missile Weapons)/TL1, or Carpentry. I had it written as Armoury(Bamboo) on my character sheet.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:41 PM   #14
aesir23

This is a character in search of a campaign. Particularly a pulp inspired action campagin

15 years ago, 22 year old Eddie Dantes, "The Savannah Hammer" was one of the best boxers in the world--undefeated and holding the title of World Colored Heavyweight Champion. But when he suggested to a reporter that he was a match for any fighter, including the white heavy-weight champion of the world, people started to get nervous. When he went on to suggest that the white champion was afraid to face him, people got angry. Angry enough that the local branch KKK (including a few police, a judge, and the DA) took the time to drum up some bogus criminal charges and have him thrown in prison.

Now he's out. Too old, perhaps, for another run at the title, but he's not interested in reviving his old career. The only thing he wants is revenge. He has a new job as a bartender in a jazz club, but he spends his nights as the masked vigilante Justice. Dealing pain and violence at those who oppress his people and searching for the identities of the men who set him up.

Eddie Dantes, AKA:The Savanah Hammer, AKA: Justice (275 points)
Age 37; Human; 6'2"; 215; A muscular, dark-skinned black man with a handsome face and graying temples.

ST 16 [60]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 14 [40].
Damage 1d+2/3d-1; BL 51 lbs.; HP 16 [0]; Will 14 [10]; Per 14 [10]; FP 14 [0].
Basic Speed 7 [10]; Basic Move 6 [-5]; Block 8 (DX); Dodge 11; Parry 10 (DX).

Social Background
TL: 6 [0].
CF: Western
Languages: English (Native) [0]; French (Broken/None) [1].

Advantages
Ally (Jimmy Ange (Singer, Bandleader, Small-Time Grifter) (50% of starting points) (12 or less) [4]; Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Contact (Organized Crime) (Effective Skill 15) (9 or less; Somewhat Reliable) [2]; Damage Resistance 1 (Tough Skin) [3]; Fit [5]; Hard to Subdue 2 [4]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Higher Purpose (Revenge!) 1 [5]; Luck (Combat Aspected) (Extraordinary) [24]; Reputation (A great fighter of yester-year.) 2 (10 or less; Small class) [1]; Striking ST 1 [5].

Perks: Special Exercises (DR with Tough Skin); Special Exercises (Striking ST +1); Style Familiarity (Boxing); Style Familiarity (Boxing - Bare-Knuckle Boxing) [4].

Disadvantages
Enemy (The Local Klan) (Medium-sized group (6-20 people)) (9 or less) [-20]; Obsession (Get revenge on the men who falsely imprisoned me. ) (Long-Term Goal) (12 or less) [-10]; Secret Identity (the masked vigilante, "Justice") (Possible Death) [-30]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Social Stigma ("Negro") (Second-Class Citizen) [-5]; Status -1 [-5]; Wealth (Struggling) [-10].

Quirks: _Unused Quirk 1; Likes French Culture; Likes Pulp Magazines (Especially "The Spider"); Proud; Social Smoker [-5].

Skills
Area Knowledge (Savannah)-12 (IQ+0) [1]; Boxing-18 (DX+6) [24]; Boxing Sport-16 (DX+4) [4]; Dancing-12 (DX+0) [2]; Forced Entry-14 (DX+2) [4]; Games (Boxing)-12 (IQ+0) [1]; Guns/TL6 (Pistol)-12 (DX+0) [1]; Holdout-12 (IQ+0) [2]; Intimidation-14 (Will+0) [2]; Knife-12 (DX+0) [1]; Professional Skill (Bartender)-12 (IQ+0) [2]; Savoir-Faire (Prison)-12 (IQ+0) [1]; Savoir-Faire (Servant)-12 (IQ+0) [1]; Stealth-12 (DX+0) [2]; Streetwise-13 (IQ+1) [4]; Wrestling-14 (DX+2) [8].

Techniques: Counterattack (Boxing)-18 [6]; Low-Line Defense (Boxing)-13 [3]; Targeted Attack (Boxing Punch/Face)-16 [4]; Uppercut (Boxing)-17 [0].
aesir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:12 AM   #15
Crzyraccoon

Here is one of my favorite characters for a TL11 setting in the glorious 31st century;

Name: Amitos, Quantum Personal Buddy 007 (QPB-7)
Ht: 4.7”
Wt: 0.401241 (182 grams)
SM: -6

ST 3 [-70] HP 5/5 [+4]
DX 10 [0] Per 16 [0]
IQ 16 [+120] Will 16 [0]
HT 10 [0] FP N/A [0]

BL: 1.8
Damage
Thrust: 1d-5
Swing: 1d-4
BS: 5 [0] *ETS
BM: Ground 5 [0] , Flight 10 [0]
Dodge: 9
Parry: -

Species: Robot
Appearance: Attractive [+4]
Tech Level: 11 [0]
Cultures: Renta [N], Corme [+1], Mars east [+1], Mars west [+1]
Languages: Eng 3/3 [N], Spanish 2s/1w [+3]
Wealth: Dead Broke [-25]

Advantage:
AI (Not Reprogrammable) [+42]
Damage Resistance 10 (Can’t Wear Armor -40%, Semi-Ablative -20%, -60%) [+20]
Doesn’t Breathe [+20]
Empathy [+15]
Enhanced Time Sense [+45]
Flight [+40]
Longevity [+2]
Machine [+25]
Mind Control (Conditioning +50%, Cybernetic Only -50%, Telecommunication -20%, -20%) [+40]
Mimicry [+10]
Mind Shield 4 (Cybernetic Only -50%) [+8]
Mind Reading (Cybernetic Only -50%, Telecommunication -20%, Increased Range 50x +50%, -20%) [+24]
Pitiable [+5]
Pressure Support 3 [+15]
Reduced Consumption 4 [+8]
Sealed [+15]
Telecommunication (Reser, Short Wave +50%, Video +40%, Increased Range 50x +50%, Computers Only -20%, +120%) [+33]
Vacuum Support [+5]
Versatile [+5]
Voice [+10]

Disadvantage:
Curious (12) [-5]
Delusion (Computers and Robots are just like brains) [-10]
Electrical [-20]
Imaginative [-1]
Intolerance (“Animals”) [-5]
Lecherousness (12) [-15]
Maintenance (1 Person, Monthly) [-2]
No Sense of Smell/Taste [-5]
Nosy [-1]
Numb [-20]
Obsession (12) (Omniscience) [-10]
Personality Change [-1]
Restricted Diet (Electricity) [-10]
Sense of Duty (Computers and Robots) [-20]
Social Stigma (Robot) [-10]
Xenophilia (12) [-10]

Skills:
Acting IQ+0 (16) [+2]
Computer Operation/TL11 IQ+0 (16) [+1]
Computer Programming/TL11 IQ-2 (14) [+1]
Current Affairs/TL11 (Popular Culture) IQ+2 (18) [+4]
Diplomacy IQ-2 (14) [+1]
Fast-Talk IQ+0 (16) [+2]
History (21st Century) IQ-2 (14) [+1]
Navigation/TL11 (Air) IQ+0 (16) [+2]
Research/TL11 IQ+2 (18) [+8]
Speed-Reading IQ+0 (16) [+2]

No Sense of Humor [-10]
Crzyraccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #16
Phantasm

A character I made for a Pathfinder game which was not the traditional "dungeon" fantasy (thank the gods). The game was more of a "D&D Steampunk" game. I converted her to GURPS just to see how she'd end up; I was pleasantly surprised to find that a 5th level Sorcerer from Pathfinder hits 250 points nicely.

Arie Falm

Species: Human
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Skin: Lightly tanned

Physical Description:
Arie Falm is a young woman with long black hair worn down to the small of her back in a loose braid, piercing green eyes, and a warm and charming smile to everyone she meets. She dresses simply, as one who travels a lot: a light brown cotton shirt, dark brown breeches, and a dark green cloak with the hood thrown back.

Personality:
Arie is charming, yet not naive. She observes before speaking, unless she is trying to sell you something. She is eager, some would say too eager, to make her own mark on the world.

History:
Where Arie hails from is unknown to all who meet her. She has been making the circuit through the outlying villages and small towns for the last several months, buying goods in one town and selling them at a small profit elsewhere.

In truth, Arie is on the run from an arranged marriage. Her father, a merchant baron who made his fortune in the fur trade, betrothed her many years ago to a man old enough to be her grandfather as part of a political alliance. What her father had not intended was for Arie to exhibit magical tendencies, nor for her to grow up as headstrong as she did.

At some point in the distant past, one of Arie's paternal ancestors had a relationship with an air genasi. At a different point in the past, one of her maternal ancestors also had a relationship with an air genasi. Neither bloodline had had any power, but when the two mingled, the end product, Arie, had innate sorcerous ability.

In her tenth autumn, her frustrated family shipped her off to an Academy to become "a proper lady." Arie did as she was told, learning how to function as a proper hostess in noble society, but found herself resenting how false and dishonest society's elite were. At the same time, her magic was starting to grow. When she was fourteen, she accidentally set fire to the academy's stables when secretly practicing aiming her lightning ray. The rest of the students at the academy nearly lynched her, but she was saved by a wizened old man. Vic was his name, and he cowed the academy students with a show of magic.

Vic took Arie on the road with him for a time, teaching her all he could about her power. Vic lived as a traveling merchant, and taught Arie much about the profession as well.

A year later, she returned to her family, where she was informed of her arranged betrothal and met the man she was to marry. That very night, using the last charge of Vic's wand of invisibility, she packed what little belongings she could, took a pocket full of gold coins from the family vault, and left town.

Naturally, her father was outraged at this, but so far has done nothing except keep tabs on her. What Arie doesn't know is that her betrothed died a month later due to his heart giving out; the proposed political alliance died with him.

ST: 11 [10]
DX: 12 [40]
IQ: 13 [60]
HT: 12 [20]

HP: 11 [0]
Will: 13 [0]
Per: 11 [-10]
FP: 12 [0]
Dmg: 1d-1/1d+1
BL: 24 lbs

Campaign TL: 6 (3+3)
Basic Speed: 6 [0]
Basic Move: 6 [0]
Water Move: 1 [0]

Money: $1,625
Monthly Pay: $3,200/mo
Cost of Living: $1,200/mo

Defenses:
Block: 8
Dodge: 10
Parry (Axe/Mace): 10
Parry (Brawling): 10

Languages:
Auran (Accented) [4]
Common (Native) (Native Language) [0]
Draconic (Accented) [4]
Elven (Native) [6]

Cultural Familiarities:
Astorian (Native) [0]

Advantages:
Appearance (Attractive) [4]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Damage Resistance 5 (Limited: Electricity/Lightning, -40%) [15]
Fashion Sense [5]
Fit [5]
Lightning Ray (Burning Attack 1d+2; Damage Modifier: Surge, +20%; Increased Range (1/2D Range only) ×10, +15%; Reduced Range ×1/10, -30%; Magical, -10%) [8]
Magery 1 [15] // Includes cost of Magery 0
Magery +2 (One College Only: Air, -40%) [12]
Status 3 [15]
Wealth (Comfortable) [10]

Perks:
Air Jet [1]
Ignition [1]
Static Shock [1]

Disadvantages:
Bad Sight (Farsighted) (Mitigator: Glasses, -60%) [-10]
Charitable (9) [-22]
Code of Honor (Professional) [-5]
Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]
Stubbornness [-5]

Quirks:
Adrenaline Junkie [-1]
Broad-Minded [-1]
Dislikes Noble Mannerisms [-1]
Incorrigible Flirt [-1]
Moderation of Alcohol [-1]

Skills:
Accounting (H) IQ-2 [1] - 11
Axe/Mace (A) DX+0 [2] - 12
Brawling (E) DX+0 [1] - 12
Carousing (E) HT+0 [1] - 12
Dancing (A) DX+1 [4] - 14
Diplomacy (H) IQ-1 [2] - 12
Fast-Talk (A) IQ+1 [4] - 12
Gesture (E) IQ+0 [1] - 13
Hazardous Materials (Magical) (A) IQ-1 [1] - 12
Heraldry (A) IQ+1 [4] - 14
Innate Attack (Beam) (E) DX+2 [4] - 14
Literature (H) IQ-1 [2] - 12
Merchant (A) IQ+1 [4] - 14
Navigation/TL6 (Land) (A) IQ-1 [1] - 12
Occultism (A) IQ+1 [4] - 14
Packing (A) IQ-1 [1] - 12
Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+1 [2] - 14
Smuggling (A) IQ+0 [2] - 13
Streetwise (A) IQ+0 [2] - 13
Thaumatology (VH) IQ+1 [8] - 14
- includes +1 from Magery
- conditional +2 from Magery (One College Only) when dealing with Air College spells

Spells: (all include +1 from Magery)
Purify Air (H) IQ+1 [1] - 14
Create Air (H) IQ+1 [1] - 14
No-Smell (H) IQ+1 [1] - 14
Odor (H) IQ+1 [1] - 14
Destroy Air (H) IQ+2 [1] - 14
Shape Air (H) IQ+1 [1] - 14
Air Jet (H) IQ+1 [1] - 14
Concussion (H) IQ+2 [2] - 15
Lightning (H) IQ+2 [2] - 15
- All of the above include +2 from Magery (Air College Only)

Lend Energy (H) IQ-1 [1] - 12
Recover Energy (H) IQ+2 [8] - 15
Sound (H) IQ-1 [1] - 12
Thunderclap (H) IQ-1 [1] - 12

Armor:
Heavy Cloak
- DR: 1* (vs cutting only)
- Wt: 3 lbs

Unarmed Damages:
Bite: 1d-2 cr
Punch: 1d-2 cr
Kick: 1d-1 cr

Magical Attacks:
Lightning Ray
Damage: 1d+2 burn sur
Acc: 3
Range: 10/10
RoF: 1
Shots: N/A
Rcl: 1

Destroy Air
Damage: 1d-2 cr to anyone in the area who fails an HT check; 2d cr to those with Body of Air

Shape Air
Damage: 1d cr (knockback only) per 2 points in the spell, up to 10 energy
Range: 5 times the energy

Air Jet
Damage: 2d cr (knockback only) per point in the spell, up to Magery
Range: equal to energy put into the spell

Concussion
Damage: 1d cr per 2 energy, up to 2x Magery; HT-3 (10 yds) to avoid stun, HT-3 per second after to recover
Acc: 1
Range: 20/40

Lightning
Damage: 1d-1 burn sur per point in the spell, up to Magery
Acc: 3
Range: 50/100
Note: *any* metal armor counts as DR 1 vs this spell

Weapons:
Small Mace
Swung:
- Damage: 1d+3 cr
- Reach: 1
- Parry: 10
- ST: 10
- Skill: 12
Thrown:
- Damage: 1d+3 cr
- Range: 11/16
- ST: 10
- Bulk: -3
- Skill: 8
Cost: $35
Weight: 3 lbs

Vehicles/Mounts:
Cart
ST/HP: 34†
Hnd/SR: -1/2
HT: 12c
Move: 2/5*
LWt: 0.9t
Load: 0.6t
SM: +1
Occ: 1
DR: 2
Range: F
Cost: $340
Locations: 1DE2W

Mule, "Bill"
ST 22; DX 10; IQ 3; HT 12
Will 12; Per 12; Speed 5.5; Move 6; Dodge 8
SM +1 (2 hexes); 1,400 lbs
Traits: Domestic Animal; Enhanced Move 1/2 (Ground Speed 9); Hooves; Quadruped; Sterile; Weak Bite
Cost: $2,000

Point Breakdown:
Attributes: 130
Secondaries: -10
Languages: 14
Cultures: 0
Advantages: 104
Perks: 3
Disadvantages: -52
Quirks: -5
Skills: 51
Spells: 15
Techniques
--------------------
Total: 250
Starting: 250
Earned: 0
Unspent: 0

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 03-23-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #17
Phantasm

<voice src="Black Lantern Ring">Character posting thread... RISE!</voice>

This is a character I have on SWTOR. She is a Twi'lek bounty hunter who has suffered a lifetime of abuse, resulting in an utter sociopath. She was raised a slave in a Hutt's kitchen before being bought by a slaver who used her for his own pleasure, which led her to kill him. She then apprenticed herself to a Mandalorian bounty hunter, but killed him for the credits when she discovered he had a bounty on him.

Renee

400 points
Attributes:

ST 12 [20]
DX 13 [40*]
IQ 11 [20]
HT 13 [30]

Secondary Characteristics:
Dmg 1d-1/1d+2
BL 29 lbs.
HP 12 [0]
Will 14 [20*]
Per 13 [10]
FP 13 [0]
Basic Speed 6.50 [0]
Basic Move 6 [0]
Dodge 12

Languages:
Galactic Basic (Native) [6]
Huttese (Native) (Native Language) [0]

Cultural Familiarities:
Hutt Space (Native) [0]
Rim Worlds [1]
Sith Empire [1]

Advantages:
Acute Vision 2 [4]
Combat Reflexes [15]
Enhanced Dodge +2 [30]
Fit [5]
Hard to Kill +3 [6]
Hard to Subdue +3 [6]
High Pain Threshold [10]
Intuition [15]
Resistant to Disease (+8) [5]
Resistant to Poisons (+8) [7]
Twi'lek Female [24]
Unfazeable [15]
Very Rapid Healing [15]

Perks:
One-Way Fluency (Understands Jawaese) [1].

Disadvantages:
Bloodlust (12) [-10]
Callous [-5]
Enemy (Unknown) [-35]
Hard of Hearing (Mitigator: Hearing Aid, -60%) [-4]
Light Sleeper [-5]
Loner (9) [-7]

Quirks:
Attentive [-1]
Likes Sticking It To A Hutt [-1]
Prefers to Kill Her Targets [-1]
Uncongenial [-1]

Skills:
Acrobatics (H) DX+1 [8] – 14
Artillery/TL11 (Guided Missile) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12
Beam Weapons/TL11 (Pistol) (E) DX+3 [8] – 16
Beam Weapons/TL11 (Rifle) (E) DX+1 [2] – 14
Carousing (E) HT+0 [1] – 13
Climbing (A) DX+2 [1] – 15†
Cooking (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12
Criminology/TL11 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12
Dancing (A) DX+1 [4] – 14
Detect Lies (H) Per+1 [8] – 14
Driving/TL11 (Hovercraft) (A) DX-1 [1] – 12
Electronics Operation/TL11 (Security) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12
Electronics Repair/TL11 (Security) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12
Erotic Art (Humanoid) (A) DX+2 [1] – 15†
Escape (H) DX+3 [4] – 16†
Fast-Draw/TL11 (Ammo) (E) DX+1 [1] – 14‡
Fast-Draw (Pistol) (E) DX+1 [1] – 14‡
Forced Entry (E) DX+1 [2] – 14
Guns/TL11 (Light Anti-Armor Weapon) (E) DX+1 [2] – 14
Guns/TL11 (Wrist Gun) (E) DX+2 [4] – 15
Interrogation (A) IQ+2 [4] – 13§
Intimidation (A) Will+1 [4] – 15
Judo (H) DX+1 [8] – 14
Jumping (E) DX+1 [2] – 14
Karate (E) DX+1 [8] – 14
Liquid Projector/TL11 (Flamethrower) (E) DX+2 [4] – 15
Liquid Projector (Sprayer) (E) DX+0 [1] – 13
Navigation/TL11 (Land) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12
Observation (A) Per+3 [4] – 16#
Piloting/TL11 (Aerospace) (A) DX-1 [1] – 12
Piloting/TL11 (High-Performance Spacecraft) (A) DX-1 [1] – 12
Running (A) HT+0 [2] – 13
Search (A) Per+1 [4] – 14
Sex Appeal (Humanoid) (A) HT+3 [8] – 16¥
Shadowing (A) IQ+3 [12] – 14
Soldier/TL11 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12
Spacer/TL11 (E) IQ+1 [2] – 12
Stealth (A) DX+0 [2] – 13
Streetwise (A) IQ+3 [12] – 14
Tracking (A) Per+1 [4] – 14
Traps/TL11 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 12
Urban Survival (A) Per-1 [1] – 12

Starting Spending Money: $15,000 (20% of Starting Wealth, not counting cost of gear).
Theme Song: Shannon Curfman, "Stone Cold B*tch".

* Includes +1 to DX and -1 to Will from Twi'lek Female.
† Includes +3 from Flexibility.
‡ Includes +1 from Combat Reflexes.
§ Defaulted from Intimidation.
# Includes +2 from Acute Vision.
¥ Includes +1 from Appearance.

Role-Playing Notes:
Renee is a cold-hearted b*tch, the product of a lifetime of mistreatment. Her only loyalty is to herself; everyone else is fair game. The only people she'll go out of her way to actively cause trouble for, however, are Hutts, though she has no qualms about working for them if the pay is right.

Gear:
Heavy Blaster Pistol
Disruptor Rifle
Wrist/Forearm Gauntlet:
- Gyroc Launcher
- Flamethrower
- Grapnel Spike Launcher
- Fast-Drying Carbonite Sprayer
Shoulder-Mounted Multi-Shot Rocket Launcher
Durasteel Cuirass (Heavy Clamshell Armor)
Personal Force Shield Generator
(I'm still working out the gear; some of the stuff will need to be bought as Signature Gear, no doubt)

Twi'lek, Female
24 points
Attribute Adjustments:
DX +1 [20].
Secondary Characteristic Adjustments: Will -1 [-5].
Advantages: Appearance (Attractive) [4]; Flexibility [5].
Features: Taboo Trait (Appearance Below Attractive) [0].

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.

Last edited by Phantasm; 07-22-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:56 AM   #18
CeeDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Disadvantages:
Loner (9) [-7]

Quirks:
Uncongenial [-1]
I don't have my books with me, but isn't Uncongenial just quirk-level Loner?
CeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 05:47 AM   #19
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeDub View Post
I don't have my books with me, but isn't Uncongenial just quirk-level Loner?
You might be right about that. I should probably rename it "Ornery" or "Surly", indicating a general bad mood. I've known several folks with Loner who are generally quite pleasant when chatting over the internet or on the phone; Renee is generally a "tendency to bite your head off over the holonet" kind of Loner, unpleasant to chat with even when not in the same room.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:35 AM   #20
WaterAndWindSpirit

This is an experiment I made to copy the Pegasus Knights from Fire Emblem, with a few adjustments.

Starlight Firesong

100 points

Genre: Medieval Fantasy

TL: 3

Right after she was born, Starlight already loved watching the night sky, which was how she got her name. She lived a pretty normal childhood in a mostly arctic climate, fed with stories of heroes which she devoured whenever she could, until she came out of age and joined the local garrison to try to become a hero too. There, she was put to the task of tending to the young pegasi and befriended one of the youngest mare. Whenever she could, she sneaked out with her new friend and went flying in the night sky, which, while not exactly against regulations, was not recommended as any accident that would happen would be her responsibility. One day, she was seen by a wing leader who was noticed she was a natural born when it came to flying and requested she was transfered in her unit. There she learned how to use the bow, light buckler shield and the spear, as well as basic military tactics and surviving in the snow. Alas, she was never deployed against the typical bandits that attacked the villages and harassed travelers. Once her contract was over, she spend her pay on acquiring the Pegasus she served with, and a starter kit, and she became a mercenary. Despite being somewhat skilled, she is far from wealthy, as most of her jobs are for poor villagers who can only afford to pay with a meal (she still collects bounties for her kills whenever she can, and tend to carry whatever cheap weapons the bandits carry with them to a smith as scrap metal), but she doesn't mind. At least now, she is useful, and her reputation traveled far and wide that she was the kind soul you need when you have a pressing need for someone skilled to save you or someone close to you but cannot afford the usual rates of mercenaries.

Attributes

ST 9 [-10]
DX 11 [20]
IQ 11 [20]
HT 11 [10]

Secondary attributes:

Basic Lift: 16 pounds.
Dmg: Thr 1d-2 Swg 1D-1
Basic Speed 6 [10]. Basic move 6.

HP 9
Will 11
Per 11
FP 11
Dodge: 9 (+1 shield)
Parry: 9 (+1 shield)
Block: 8 (+1 shield)

Languages:
Homeland (that is to say her country's language): Native.
Common: Broken [2]

Cultural familiarity:
Homeland.

Advantages and perks:

Ally, available all the times, 100% PC's character points, familiar (Pegasus) [20]
Reputation, positive component: Do gooder (+3 with lords concerned with the well being of their subjects or with civilians) [cancels out with negative component]
Very Fit [15]
Luck [15]
Resistant: Magic +3 (Limitation: only when riding her Pegasus) [3]
Cold Tolerance 2 [2]

Disadvantages:

Wealth: struggling [-10]
Reputation, negative component: do gooder (-4 from criminals, slavers, corrupt nobles, and so on).
Compulsive Generosity [-5]
Guilt Complex [-5]
Light Sleeper [-5]
Sense of Duty: Innocents [-10]
Quirk: dislikes alcohol and drugs (after all her unit mocked her because she did embarrassing things while drunk during a party that took place while on leave)
Quirk: Humble.
Quirk: Loves the night.
Quirk: Distinctive appearance: deep blue hair.
Quirk: Loves flying.

Skills:

Animal Handling [Equines] 11 +0 [2]
Bow 12 +1 [4]
Survival: Arctic 10 -1 [1]
First Aid 11 +0 [1]
Spear 12 +1 [4]
Observation 11 +0 [2]
Riding (Pegasus) 12 +1 [4] (Note: +5 Bonus due to familiar mount who likes her not included)
Shield (buckler): 11 +0 [1]
Soldier 10 -1 [1]
Tactics 10 -1 [2]

Starting spending money: 500$ (she lives on the move, often taking on jobs for food and lodging).
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character building, character generation, chargen