Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-11-2015, 01:47 PM   #981
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

WIZARD

Identity: Known to the authorities.
Legal Status: Presumably a citizen of the United States, has a criminal record in the States.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Marital Status: Single.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Frightful Four.
Base of Operations: Mobile.
History: The man known only as the Wizard grew up as a precocious child from an extremely poor neighborhood. A certified genius, he quickly grew bored in a system he felt was holding him back, as his school refused to permit him to skip grades. At the age of fifteen, he developed the schematics of what would one day become his signature achievement, an antigravity generator. Lacking the funds to develop it and ridiculed by his teachers for something that he felt was beyond their limited understanding, he dropped out of school and all sight, moving across the world. Outside of the system that had held him back, he found it easier for his genius to be accepted and nurtured.

Years later, the Wizard, as he now called himself, had amassed a small fortune through various means, legal and otherwise, most of which was stored overseas in anonymous bank accounts. Also, he had finally built and miniaturized his antigravity generators, along with artificial gravity generators.

And then, mere days after he announced his antigravity technologies to the world, the public acclaim he was looking for was stolen from him by the launch of the Fantastic, the first manned faster-than-light craft (see The Fantastic). While he was able to attain the patents for his gravity technologies and produce them to achieve more wealth, the world's attention was focused on the Fantastic and its crew, who had developed superhuman powers and was now touting themselves as the Fantastic Four (see Fantastic Four).

The above is the account of his history given by the Wizard himself. This may not be completely accurate, colored as it is by his own bias and ego.

At a press conference, the Wizard presented to the public several pieces of "proof" that the Four's powers were not innate as they claimed, but the result of advanced technology hidden inside their uniforms; the Human Torch's flame powers were easy to duplicate, and the Thing being a suit of powered armor similar to that of Iron Man's was also believable (see Human Torch; Thing). The Invisible Woman's invisibility and force field powers, he showed, were the result of advanced force screen technology, which both he and Doctor Doom had independently invented (see Doctor Doom; Invisible Woman). His explanation for the stretching powers of Mister Fantastic consisted of applied nanotechnology, and was considered absolute gibberish by the public (see Mister Fantastic). Compounding the issue was the unexpected appearance of the Fantastic Four themselves, who arrived wearing little more than swimwear to demonstrate their powers.

Ridiculed off the stage and out of the building, the Wizard swore revenge on the Fantastic Four. Developing a battlesuit (using his theories for the Thing and Invisible Woman as a base) and weaponizing his gravity tech, he came to the conclusion that he could not face the Four alone. To that end, he recruited the Trapster and the Sandman, both of whom had faced members of the Fantastic Four in the past, as well as the amnesiac Medusa, who he'd found homeless in France but whose prehensile hair he figured would be a good counterpart to Mister Fantastic's stretching ability (see Medusa; Sandman; Trapster). Dubbing the team the Frightful Four, the Wizard led them into the Fantastic Four's headquarters, the Baxter Building, took the mailman Willie Lumpkin hostage, and issued a challenge to the absent Fantastic Four to come rescue him (see Baxter Building; Frightful Four; Lumpkin, Willie). At the end of the fight, the Frightful Four were defeated and all but Medusa were taken into police custody.

Medusa later broke the Wizard out of prison, and the two were last seen plotting to spring the other two members. In the meantime, the Wizard has decided to set his sights higher than merely defeating the Fantastic Four; instead, he's begun plotting the takeover of the small South American country of Costa Negro – the same country once almost conquered by the mutant Mesmero – as a stepping stone to greater power and global recognition, where he intends to set himself and Medusa up as king and queen (see Mesmero).
Height: 5' 8".
Weight: 150 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel.
Hair: Brown.
Uniform: Maroon metallic-ceramic alloy cuirass over a lavender advanced ballistic fabric bodysuit, maroon belt, maroon gauntlets, maroon boots, maroon helmet.
Strength Level: The Wizard possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in little regular exercise.
Known Superhuman Powers: None.
Other Abilities: The Wizard is one of the premier scientific geniuses in the world, considered second only to Reed Richards and Doctor Doom. He has invented several technologies, most notably those having to do with gravity manipulation.
Weapons and Paraphernalia: The Wizard's body armor is capable of withstanding conventional firearms, and has several advancements built into it. The suit possesses a contragravity generator and electric-powered ducted fans, enabling him to levitate and fly at speeds up to 80 miles per hour. In addition, the suit is capable of generating a powerful force field around him which can withstand AIM-tech laser rifles (how it will stand up to Kree or Skrull blasters is unknown) for up to half an hour before needing to recharge.

The visor of his helmet has been adapted with a heads-up display with several augmented-reality features, hyperspectral sensors, and telescopic lenses.

The Wizard's primary weapons are his grav-discs, which he can shoot from launchers on his gauntlets and which can either increase or negate the local gravity around their targets.

560 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 12 [40]; IQ 15 [100]; HT 12 [20].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 13 [-10]; Per 13 [-10]; FP 12 [0]; Basic Speed 6.00 [0]; Basic Move 6 [0]; Dodge 9.
Languages: English (Native) (Native Language) [0].
Cultural Familiarities: Western [0].
Advantages: Charisma 2 [10]; Cultural Adaptability [10]; High Manual Dexterity 3 [15]; Intuitive Mathematician [5]; Gadgeteer [25]; Gizmos 3 [15]; Mathematical Ability 4 [40]; Natural Scientist 4 [40]; Omnilingual [40]; Versatile [5]; Wealth (Multimillionaire 1) [75].
Perks: Controllable Disadvantage (Callous) [1]; Convincing Nod [1].
Disadvantages: Jealousy [-10]; Overconfidence (6) [-10]; Selfish (9) [-7]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5]; Trickster (12) [-15].
Quirks: Attracted to Medusa [-1]; Bad Timing Boy [-1]; Dual Identity [-1]; Glory Hound [-1].
Skills: Current Affairs/TL8 (Popular Culture) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 15; Current Affairs/TL8 (Science & Technology) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 15; Electronics Operation/TL8^ (Force Shields) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 15; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Scientific) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 15; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Sensors) (A) IQ+0 [2] – 15; Fast-Talk (A) IQ+0 [2] – 15; Forensics/TL8 (H) IQ-1 [2] – 14; Guns/TL8 (Wrist Gun) (E) DX+0 [1] – 12; Intelligence Analysis/TL8 (H) IQ-1 [2] – 14; Inventor! (WC) IQ+5 [84] – 20*; Piloting/TL8^ (Contragravity) (A) DX+0 [2] – 12; Public Speaking (A) IQ+1 [1] – 16†; Savoir-Faire (High Society) (E) IQ+0 [1] – 15; Science! (WC) IQ+5 [84] – 20‡; Streetwise (A) IQ+0 [2] – 15.
Starting Spending Money: $3,910,480 (20% of Starting Wealth, minus cost of the armor).

* Conditional +4 from Mathematical Ability when applicable.
† Includes +2 from Charisma.
‡ Conditional +4 from Natural Scientist when applicable.

Role-Playing Notes:
The Wizard has a pathological need for attention, manifested in his very public displays against various superhuman foes. Despite this, he is charismatic and an able leader. If he didn't think getting arrested would keep him in the public eye, he'd be more than willing to cut his losses and run when his plans turn sour. (Reed Richards thinks the Wizard may have subconsciously sabotaged himself more than a few times.)

The Wizard knows on some level that he really is the "supervillain" he has been painted as by the press, but at this point he doesn't care for such labels.

(Not gonna post the stats for his armor, as it's all in Ultra-Tech).

And that finishes up the Fantastic Four binge. "Where are Galactus and the Silver Surfer?" you ask? Quite simply put, they aren't going to show up in the FF's first year of operations, though with the Watcher summoning the FF to his lunar abode, their appearances at the start of Year Two (should I ever get around to chronicling it) are pretty well assured.

So, who should I tackle next? I've got a few folks I've been sitting on that I'm currently working on, but I'm curious as to whose cast to tackle head-on next, now that I have Spider-Man, Daredevil, the X-Men, and Fantastic Four under my belt.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 06-11-2016 at 03:18 PM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #982
Phantasm

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

filling in some holes....

STILT-MAN

Identity: Known to the authorities.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record.
Other Aliases: None.
Place of Birth: New York City.
Marital Status: Divorced.
Known Relatives: Ex-wife (name unrevealed).
Group Affiliation: Sometime partner of the Leapfrog.
Base of Operations: New York City.
History: Wilbur Day was an engineer at a small firm on Long Island when the company developed a telescoping hydraulic ram. Before the firm could begin producing it commercially, Day, dissatisfied with his position in the company, stole the designs and the prototype. He then adapted the ram into a pair of stilts, which he built into a suit of armor he'd been working on at home in his spare time. Dubbing himself the Stilt-Man, he began a criminal career in New York City proper. His first few outings put him into conflict with the vigilante Daredevil, who defeated him and left him for the police (see Daredevil).

While Day was in prison, a small-time criminal named Turk stole the Stilt-Man suit, but proved utterly incompetent at using it (see Barrett, Turk). Day provided the authorities with information on how to disable the suit by destabilizing the internal gyroscopes.

Released on an early parole due to his assistance in stopping Turk, Day improved upon the suit's design, adapting the hydraulic rams to extend from his forearms, enabling him to punch harder and at a greater distance. He also adapted the gyroscopes so that he could not be defeated the same way. He then teamed with the costumed criminal Leapfrog in a second-story crime wave, before both were again defeated by Daredevil (see Leapfrog).

Day was among the criminals who were involved in the massive breakout from Ryker's Island, which was led by the Rhino (see Rhino). Since then, he hasn't yet made a reappearance, although the authorities believe it is only a matter of time.
Height: 5' 6".
Weight: 150 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Brown.
Uniform: Metallic gray body armor.
Strength Level: Wilbur Day possesses the normal human strength who engages in little regular exercise. The Stilt-Man armor increases his strength to enable him to lift (press) around 1,500 pounds.
Other Abilities: Day is a skilled mechanical and hydraulic engineer. He is not yet a skilled hand to hand combatant, which has led to some embarrassing encounters.
Paraphernalia: The Stilt-Man armor possesses the ability to elongate its legs to achieve a maximum height of about 290 feet. It does this with a series of hydraulic rams and a spiral pattern of 20 inch wide titanium-steel cylinders. These legs permit him to stride up to 30 miles per hour at maximum height, and gyroscopes permit superior balance enabling him to stride over obstacles up to 280 feet in height. As a side effect, he is able to deliver kicking blows at up to 60 miles per hour.

Day has also adapted the hydraulic rams to a more offensive capability, extending from his forearms to deliver high-powered blows at up to 10 feet away.

The armor is sufficient to withstand police handgun-fire, but it is unlikely to withstand SWAT weaponry. The suit's helmet has a retractable transparent lower faceplate which seals the suit, providing him with an hour and a half of stored air. In addition, the helmet has a built-in radio and GPS tied into an augmented reality HUD.

445 points
Attributes:
ST 10 [0]; DX 11 [20]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 11 [10].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d-2/1d; BL 20 lbs.; HP 10 [0]; Will 12 [0]; Per 12 [0]; FP 12 [3]; Basic Speed 5.50 [0]; Basic Move 5 [0]; Dodge 9.
Advantages: Alternate Form (Stilt-Man Battlesuit; Difference in Point Cost: 343 points; Gadget/Can Be Stolen: Must Be Forcibly Removed, -10%) [323]; Artificer 2 [20]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Hard to Subdue 2 [4]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Wealth (Comfortable) [10].
Perks: No Nuisance Rolls (Transporter) [1].
Disadvantages: Bad Sight (Nearsighted) [-10]; Greed (9) [-22]; Pacifism (Cannot Kill) [-15]; Selfish (9) [-7]; Social Stigma (Criminal Record) [-5].
Quirks: Attentive [-1]; Dual Identity [-1]; Nervous Ranter [-1]; Show-Off [-1].
Skills: Area Knowledge (New York City) (E) IQ+4 [12] – 16; Armoury/TL8 (Battlesuits) (A) IQ+3 [4] – 15*; Battlesuit/TL8 (A) DX+1 [4] – 12; Electrician/TL8 (A) IQ+3 [4] – 15*; Engineer/TL8 (Battlesuits) (H) IQ+2 [4] – 14*; Engineer/TL8 (Electronics) (H) IQ+2 [4] – 14*; Engineer/TL8 (Hydraulics) (H) IQ+2 [4] – 14*; Engineer/TL8 (Legged Motive System) (H) IQ+2 [4] – 14*; Mathematics/TL8 (Applied) (H) IQ+0 [4] – 12; Mechanic/TL8 (Hydraulics) (A) IQ+3 [4] – 15*; Mechanic/TL8 (Legged Motive System) (A) IQ+3 [4] – 15*.
Starting Spending Money: $8,000 (20% of Starting Wealth).

* Includes +2 from Artificer.

Stilt-Man Battlesuit
343 points
Attribute Adjustments:
ST +20 (Size, -10%) [160].
Secondary Characteristic Adjustments: SM +1.
Advantages: Absolute Direction (Requires Signal, -20%) [4]; Crushing Attack 5d (Melee Attack: Dual, +10%; Melee Attack: Reach 1-4, -15%; Variable, +5%) [25]; Damage Resistance 10 [50]; Doesn't Breathe (Oxygen Storage (×25), -50%) [10]; Enhanced Move (Ground) 1.5 (Move 15/30 mph) (Accessibility: Only When Using Stretching, -10%) [37]; Sealed (Switchable, +10%); Stretching 9 (Limited: Legs Only, -20%) [44]; Telecommuncication (Radio) [10].
Perks: Accessory (HUD) [1].
Disadvantages: Electrical [-20]; Maintenance (One Person; Weekly) [-5].

Design Notes:
1. For the longest time I didn't want to stat this character. It's taken me at least three years before I forced myself to even look at him. I'm still not sure I got him right; he's one of those third-string villains who seems to plague Daredevil (and other heroes) only when no one else is around to cause trouble. I only really did him as a test case for using Alternate Form for other armored characters (most notably Iron Man).

Edit: Added a Gadget modifier on his Alternate Form; dropped the whole thing by a single point. :)

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.

Last edited by Phantasm; 01-19-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #983
McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Design Notes:
1. For the longest time I didn't want to stat this character. It's taken me at least three years before I forced myself to even look at him. I'm still not sure I got him right; he's one of those third-string villains who seems to plague Daredevil (and other heroes) only when no one else is around to cause trouble. I only really did him as a test case for using Alternate Form for other armored characters (most notably Iron Man).
Hah, third-string is probably a compliment. If you assume that the armor is constantly present and can't be stolen, that looks good: personally, I'd give the Alternate Form a Gadget Limitation (probably the -10% form of Can Be Stolen).
McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #984
Phantasm

MOCKINGBIRD

Occupation: Adventurer, private investigator, former criminal profiler.
Identity: Secret.
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with no known criminal record.
Other Aliases: "Birdie".
Place of Birth: Unrevealed.
Known Relatives: None.
Group Affiliation: Renegades, formerly SHIELD.
Base of Operations: Mobile; formerly SHIELD Headquarters, Arlington, Virginia.
History: Very little is known about Bobbi Morse's history. She claims to have once been a profiler for SHIELD, the agency charged with investigating superhuman criminals, but resigned in protest upon learning of the Sentinel program (see Sentinels; SHIELD). Following her resignation, she hired herself out as a private investigator, but found the majority of her cases to be following cheating spouses with a camera. It is not known whether she ever used her Mockingbird persona on any of her cases.

Bobbi was in New York City on an investigation when she found herself thrust into a brawl between the Wrecking Crew and several unaffiliated costumed adventurers (see Wrecking Crew). Changing into her Mockingbird uniform in an alley, Bobbi joined the fray and managed to hold her own against the superhumanly strong Thunderball, managing to get him to collapse part of Central Park's wall on top of himself, knocking him out (see Thunderball). Following that altercation, Mockingbird joined the others in forming a team to assist each other in their goals (see Renegades).

Bobbi has taken it upon herself to tutor her teammate Jewel in several advanced aspects of criminal science, noting Jewel's natural inquisitive mind and investigative instinct (see Jewel). She has also responded to her teammate Hawkeye's occasional flirtatious behavior with some flirting of her own, though she only sees it as "harmless social fun" (see Hawkeye).
Height: 5' 9".
Weight: 155 lbs.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Blond.
Uniform: Black and white bodysuit with a wide neckline, white boots, white utility belt, black eye-mask with white trim.
Strength Level: Mockingbird possesses the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.
Other Abilities: Mockingbird is an expert hand to hand combatant, skilled in unarmed, quarterstaff, and escrima fighting. She is also an expert pistolier, adept at dual-wielding pistols. She has proven adept at riding horses and motorcycles alike, as well as piloting speedboats, helicopters, and small aircraft.
Weapons and Paraphernalia: Mockingbird uses a pair of titanium steel batons which can be combined and extended to form a quarterstaff. She'll occasionally also carry a pair of semi-automatic pistols chambered in .45ACP.

Mockingbird's outfit is made from an advanced ballistic fabric originally provided to her from SHIELD's contract with AIM (see AIM).
Limitations: Bobbi Morse is nearsighted, wearing corrective contact lenses.

730 points
Attributes:
ST 14 [40]; DX 15 [100]; IQ 13 [60]; HT 14 [40].
Secondary Characteristics: Dmg 1d/2d; BL 39 lbs.; HP 14 [0]; Will 13 [0]; Per 15 [10]; FP 15 [3]; Basic Speed 7.50 [5]; Basic Move 7 [0]; Dodge 14.
Advantages: Appearance (Beautiful) [12]; Combat Reflexes [15]; Daredevil [15]; Driver's Reflexes 2 [10]; Enhanced Dodge 3 [45]; Enhanced Parry (All Parries) 3 [30]; Extra Attack 1 [25]; Gunslinger [25]; Hard to Kill 3 [6]; Hard to Subdue 3 [6]; High Pain Threshold [10]; Natural Copper 2 [20]; Trained By A Master [30]; Very Fit [15].
Perks: Akimbo (Guns (Pistol)) [1]; Concealed Carry Permit [1]; Convincing Nod [1]; Disarming Smile [1]; Ex-Cop 1 [1]; Eye For Distance [1]; High-Heeled Heroine [1]; License (Private Investigator) [1]; Masked [1]; Off-Hand Weapon Training (Guns (Pistol); Off-Hand Weapon Training (Shortsword) [1]; Off-Hand Weapon Training (Smallsword) [1]; Off-Screen Reload [1]; Style Familiarity (Double Trouble) [1]; Style Familiarity (Escrima) [1]; Style Familiarity (Quarterstaff) [1]; Sure-Footed (Uneven) [1]; Wall o' Lead [1]; Weapon Bond (Escrima Sticks) [1]; Weapon Bond (Quarterstaff) [1].
Disadvantages: Bad Sight (Mitigator: Corrective Lenses, -60%) [-10]; Code of Honor (Hero's) [-10]; Overconfidence (12) [-5]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]; Sense of Duty (Teammates) [-5]; Workaholic [-5].
Quirks: Adrenaline Junkie [-1]; Broad-Minded [-1]; Congenial [-1]; Dislikes Orwellian "Big Brother" Practices [-1]; Dual Identity [-1].
Skills: Acrobatics (H) DX+1 [8] – 16; Acting (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Boating/TL8 (A) DX+1 [1] – 16*; Body Language (A) Per+3 [1] – 18†; Carousing (E) HT+0 [1] – 14; Climbing (A) DX+0 [2] – 15; Criminology/TL8 (A) IQ+3 [4] – 16†; Current Affairs/TL8 (Headline News) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 14; Current Affairs/TL8 (Politics) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 14; Detect Lies (H) Per+1 [2] – 16†; Driving/TL8 (Motorcycle) (A) DX+3 [4] – 18*; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Security) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Electronics Operation/TL8 (Surveillance) (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Escape (H) DX+0 [4] – 15; Fast-Draw/TL8 (Ammo) (E) DX+1 [1] – 16‡; Fast-Draw (Pistol) (E) DX+1 [1] – 16‡; First Aid/TL8 (Human) (E) IQ+1 [2] – 14; Forced Entry (E) DX+1 [2] – 16; Guns/TL8 (Pistol) (E) DX+3 [8] – 18; Hiking (A) HT+0 [2] – 14; Holdout (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Intelligence Analysis/TL8 (H) IQ+3 [8] – 16†; Intimidation (A) Will+1 [4] – 14; Judo (H) DX+1 [8] – 16; Jumping (E) DX+1 [2] – 16; Karate (H) DX+1 [8] – 16; Lip Reading (A) Per+0 [2] – 15; Lockpicking/TL8 (A) IQ+0+1 [4] – 14; Main-Gauche (A) DX+1 [2] – 16§; Observation (A) Per+3 [4] – 18†; Parachuting/TL8 (A) (E) DX+1 [2] – 16; Parry Missile Weapons (H) DX+3 [16] – 18; Piloting/TL8 (Helicopter) (A) DX+1 [1] – 16*; Piloting/TL8 (Light Airplane) (A) DX+1 – 16*; Psychology (Human) (H) IQ+1 [8] – 14; Research/TL8 (A) IQ+1 [4] – 14; Riding (Equines) (A) DX+1 [4] – 16; Savoir-Faire (Police) (E) IQ+3 [2] – 16†; Sex Appeal (Human) (A) HT+3 [1] – 17#; Shadowing (A) IQ+3 [3] – 16†; Smallsword (A) DX+3 [12] – 18; Staff (A) DX+3 [12] – 18; Stealth (A) DX+1 [4] – 16; Streetwise (A) IQ+3 [4] – 16†; Swimming (E) HT+1 [2] – 15; Throwing (A) DX+1 [4] – 16; Urban Survival (A) Per+0 [2] – 15; Wrestling (A) DX+1 [4] – 16.
Techniques: Armed Grapple (Staff) (H) def+2 [3] – 18; Dual-Weapon Attack (Guns (Pistol)) (H) def+4 [5] – 18; Dual-Weapon Attack (Smallsword) (H) def+4 [5] – 18; Elbow Strike (Karate) (A) def+2 [2] – 16; Kicking (Karate) (H) def+2 [3] – 16; Mounted Shooting (Guns (Pistol)/Equines) (H) def+4 [5] – 18; Mounted Shooting (Guns (Pistol)/Motorcycle) (H) def+4 [5] – 18; Sweep (Staff) (H) def+3 [4] – 18; Targeted Attack (Smallsword Swing/Hand) (H) def+2 [3] – 16; Whirlwind Attack (Staff) (H) def+5 [6] – 18.
Starting Spending Money: $2,600 (20% of Starting Wealth, minus the cost of her weapons).

* Includes +2 from Driver's Reflexes.
† Includes +2 from Natural Copper.
‡ Includes +1 from Combat Reflexes.
§ Defaulted from Smallsword.
# Includes +4 from Appearance.

The last of the Renegades, though I have yet to actually write up an entry for the team itself. Luke Cage, Jewel, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and Wolverine... quite an interesting combo.

Old 01-14-2015, 02:25 PM   #985
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
Hah, third-string is probably a compliment. If you assume that the armor is constantly present and can't be stolen, that looks good: personally, I'd give the Alternate Form a Gadget Limitation (probably the -10% form of Can Be Stolen).
A good point. I'll need to look at the Gadget limitations to see which versions fit. (I don't have the percentages memorized to know which variation of Can Be Stolen is the -10% one.)

Old 01-14-2015, 06:18 PM   #986
chandley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
MOCKINGBIRD

Advantages: Extra Attack 1 [25]; Gunslinger [25];
Perks: Akimbo (Guns (Pistol)) [1]; ... ; Off-Hand Weapon Training (Guns (Pistol); Off-Hand Weapon Training (Shortsword) [1]; Off-Hand Weapon Training (Smallsword) [1]; Off-Screen Reload [1]; Style Familiarity (Double Trouble) [1]; Style Familiarity (Escrima) [1]; Style Familiarity (Quarterstaff) [1];
Shes a full up Gunslinger Double Trouble Stylist, AND uses paired sticks... Im not sure why you wouldnt pitch in 2 more points for full Ambidexterity, and trade in all those off-hand weapon trainings. Gunslinger pushes her firmly into cinematic territory, no reason to be conservative on this :)
Old 01-14-2015, 06:35 PM   #987
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley View Post
Shes a full up Gunslinger Double Trouble Stylist, AND uses paired sticks... Im not sure why you wouldnt pitch in 2 more points for full Ambidexterity, and trade in all those off-hand weapon trainings. Gunslinger pushes her firmly into cinematic territory, no reason to be conservative on this :)
Actually, for her I would ALSO give her Dual-Weapon Attack! [15] AND Ambidexterity [5]. She likes her paired weaponry.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 10:17 PM   #988
Infornific

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAllister View Post
I like the Alternate Form approach. It's simpler than the detailed gadget rules for the Dreadnought template in Supers. But I agree in adding a -10% limitation because it's armor and can be stolen/misplaced/etc plus also a limitation for Power Modifier (Super Science.)
Infornific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #989
Phantasm

Okay, updated Stilt-Man with the suggested Gadget modifier on the Alternate Form. Reduced the whole thing by a single point, and fills my pentaphilia with pride. ;)

However, I haven't touched Mockingbird yet, mostly because I still don't have the Wildcards Power-Ups to fully get the 15 points suggested for the Dual-Weapon Attack! ... is that a technique or advantage?

In the meantime, one requested a few weeks ago: the (Black) Panther is ready for posting.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #990
Phantasm

PANTHER

Identity: Publicly known.
Legal Status: Ruler of Wakanda,
Other Aliases: Black Panther.
Place of Birth: Wakanda.
Known Relatives: T'Chaka (father, deceased), N'Yami (mother), Shuri (sister), Jakarra (half-brother), Joshua, Itobo, Ishanta, Zuni (cousins), unnamed grandfather (deceased).
Group Affiliation: Sometime partner of Wind-Rider.
Base of Operations: Wakanda.
History: For as long as the people of Wakanda can remember, the Panther, a shadowy figure who stalks the land, has protected them from all threats, internal and external (see Wakanda). Until recently, only the members of the royal family were aware that the role of the Panther has been passed down from father to son throughout their lineage for generations.

When he was a boy, T'Challa was sent by his father T'Chaka to England to be educated in the ways of the outside world, against the wishes of the rest of the royal family. For the most part, he only returned to Wakanda during the summer. A curious child, he constantly questioned the Wakandans' insular customs, but mindful of his family he didn't challenge them. When he was fourteen, he was recalled abruptly to his homeland for his grandfather's funeral. Not long after, he learned the history of the role of the Panther and was told that he and his half-brother Jakarra would be competing for the role upon T'Chaka's future relinquishing of the role.

This occurred earlier than he expected. Returning home at the age of 25 with a degree in physics, he found his father dying from a poacher's gunshot wound. Feeling obliged to take on the mantle of leadership, he was given two trials: to defeat six of Wakanda's greatest warriors in combat, and to obtain a secret heart-shaped herb that grows only in a secluded valley along Wakanda's northern border with Kenya and Uganda which could grant increased strength and heightened senses.

During the second trial, he met and fell in love with the young woman known to the locals as Wind-Rider, who was worshipped locally as a weather goddess (see Wind-Rider). Wind-Rider, whose given name he learned was Ororo, soon reciprocated his feelings and accompanied him back to the royal palace. Their romance was only the first of the great controversies of T'Challa's reign; his family did not care for her, as she was an outsider, but the fact that their new king was courting the local weather goddess endeared him to his people.

Having succeeded at the trials (Jakarra had failed to defeat the six warriors), T'Challa drank an elixir made from the herb and donned the guise of the Panther, which further enhanced his physique and senses. Not seeking to further alienate his family, he named Jakarra his heir for the throne, should he fall while acting as the Panther. In addition, he granted Jakarra permission to attempt the trials again annually, as he rightly figured that if he fell without a child the role of the Panther would otherwise end with him; however, he also began secretly training his younger teenage sister Suri in the combat arts, against the customs of their people, believing her to be a better candidate for the role of the Panther than his brother. (He has kept this belief to himself, though, so that she won't gloat.)

Since then, the Panther has come into conflict with Ulysses Klaw, a European entrepreneur and elephant poacher who had, unknown to T'Challa or his family, been the one to shoot T'Chaka (see Klaw). Klaw intended to exploit the Great Vibranium Mound of Wakanda, the only apparently natural deposit of the metal Vibranium in the entire world. At the end of this conflict, Klaw was turned into a being made of "solid" sound waves and fled the country.

T'Challa and Ororo were later seen visiting New York City during a meeting of world leaders at the United Nations. Their later exploits have so far gone unrecorded.
Height: 6'.
Weight: 185 lbs.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Black.
Uniform: Black bodysuit, black gloves, black boots, black full-face cowl with feline ear coverings, gold weapon bracelets, gold belt, gold tribal necklace. The bodysuit worn by his father in the role was made of native fabrics; T'Challa has imported an advanced ballistic fabric for his own uniform to better protect himself from the guns wielded by hunters, poachers, and other criminals.
Strength Level: Thanks to his training and the herbs consumed during his rites of passage, T'Challa is as strong as a human being without powers can be. He can lift (press) a maximum of 800 pounds with supreme effort.
Known Superhuman Powers: The Panther's senses of sight, hearing, and smell are highly – almost superhumanly – acute, though the latter two are not on par with those of the vigilante Daredevil (see Daredevil). He is able to see clearly at night with little difficulty, and can make out faint sounds from farther out than most people.
Other Abilities: The Panther is a skilled hand to hand combatant, possessing the speed and physique of a highly gifted athlete. His fighting style incorporates moves and stances that seem rather cat-like, most likely from studying the hunting techniques of the large cats of the Serengeti. He has also trained himself to travel through a forest or jungle region via brachiating (swinging from tree branch to tree branch using his arms).
Weapons: The claws on his uniform's gloves are made of sharpened high-density metal, enabling them to dig into most materials with relative ease.

(stats next post)

Last edited by Phantasm; 03-23-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Tags
avengers, captain america, captain marvel, chandley, character creation, chargen, iron man, marvel, phantasm, supers, thor, x-men