Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
younglorax

Default Possession and physical attributes

Okay, I'm guessing this is a really dumb and obvious question, because I can't find any other examples of in my searches (which could mean my search-fu sucks).

Anyway:

If you take Possession, can you buy your physical attributes (DX,ST,HT) away? Do they simply become irrelevant?
younglorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Possession and physical attributes

With the basic Possession, you don't actually possess these stats on your own, you have the stats of your host. Your character's point value just changes every time you jump. Your GM may or may not make you pay for your new forms attributes if you stay in it for long. You cannot sell off your physical stats.

This is the sort of thing that requires allot of flexibility, both on the part of the player and on the GM. I don't allow it as written unmodified personally.

For me, I use the Shapeshifting rules as a variant, and make a character set aside a template value, allowing you to possess anyone who's physical stats and advantages (minus physical disadvantages you'd be stuck with) added up to fit in a "possession pool" much like a morph racial template limit.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
RedMattis

Default Re: Possession and physical attributes

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker
For me, I use the Shapeshifting rules as a variant, and make a character set aside a template value, allowing you to possess anyone who's physical stats and advantages (minus physical disadvantages you'd be stuck with) added up to fit in a "possession pool" much like a morph racial template limit.
I do the same