Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-21-2022, 06:22 AM   #1281
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Not intentionally, but I have a lot of stuff to remember... and those are just examples, but say you've decided it's more valuable to a rival to have the line of communication than it is for you. The bottom line is there are a bunch of reasons I can thin of and there could be a 1,000 reasons I can't think of that it could be a bad idea. Ya get me?"
The Goddess Scowls. "I see. tell my priest to sacrifice three pickled onions to me instead then."

Tar Billik shows up at breakfast, and starts collecting payment from Peter's clients.

Tar Billik: "Well done my boy, you may come out of this richer than anyone!"

Yu Pelor wants to know if a light scratch on Peter's skin is acceptable...

Spoiler:  

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 08:40 AM   #1282
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Goddess Scowls. "I see. tell my priest to sacrifice three pickled onions to me instead then."
Is this kind of request typical? It seems like it may be some kind of code as well... Peter is a little wary.

Quote:
Tar Billik: "Well done my boy, you may come out of this richer than anyone!"
"Hmn, What should I use it for? Too bad I can't take it with me. Any suggestions?"

Quote:
Yu Pelor wants to know if a light scratch on Peter's skin is acceptable...
"No. I don't want to go down that road. Anything that is so long it needs to be written down would be too much scratching."

Spoiler:  
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 08:20 AM   #1283
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

This does seem like code, and no one has asked for any ceremonies (at least not on the gods side: you have a couple of requests for ceremonial adjustments from the mortal side).

Tar Billik: "We've all been hoarding it. If you wanted to spend it? Pay someone to build your own hut. Get better clothing. Or if you're less materialistic, find something the village needs and pay for it. You can't take it with you, but you can always return, yes?"

Yu Pelor: "Aren't you even curious if it will work?"

Spoiler:  

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-30-2022, 10:17 AM   #1284
the_matrix_walker

- the goddess asking for a sacrifice...
"Do scarifices do anything? How does that work? "
Peter considers telling her to keep her funds and her message... depending on how the rest of the conversation goes.

---

- Tar Billik
"I'll have to think about it. Do you guys think this will last much longer? It looks like you may have to move your village, or go farther for resources soon."

---

- Yu Pelor
"I think it would work, but I don't want to get all scratched up and have that be an ongoing thing."
Old 01-03-2023, 09:15 AM   #1285
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
- the goddess asking for a sacrifice...
"Do scarifices do anything? How does that work? "
Peter considers telling her to keep her funds and her message... depending on how the rest of the conversation goes.
"Some sacrifices provide us with power... others merely get our attention. That power is back in the divine realm, of course... Mostly, this message is about letting them know I care, and that I intend to return."

Quote:
- Tar Billik
"I'll have to think about it. Do you guys think this will last much longer? It looks like you may have to move your village, or go farther for resources soon."
"We may have to move the village yes. Or bite our pride and eat more vegetables and less game. I suspect the hunters will simply range farther and farther. These are Gods: someone will come back and add new legends, and some of them feel like they have something to prove, now that our powers are inert."

"We will see how successful the avengers are. If the task were easy, they would have been back by now. I intend to build as though we will be here for decades"

Quote:
- Yu Pelor
"I think it would work, but I don't want to get all scratched up and have that be an ongoing thing."
"I see. You have the arrogance of a God, of one of us. I suppose it is only natural for someone who has only seen us in this diminished state. Perhaps you will believe otherwise when we regain our power, but pfff! I suppose we cannot show you our glory at the moment."

Old 01-03-2023, 10:29 PM   #1286
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
"Some sacrifices provide us with power... others merely get our attention. That power is back in the divine realm, of course... Mostly, this message is about letting them know I care, and that I intend to return."
And does he beleive her?
Quote:
"We may have to move the village yes. Or bite our pride and eat more vegetables and less game. I suspect the hunters will simply range farther and farther. These are Gods: someone will come back and add new legends, and some of them feel like they have something to prove, now that our powers are inert."
Peter decides that if he does not dream away, he will try and join a hunt... might bring back some good stories.

Quote:
"I see. You have the arrogance of a God, of one of us. I suppose it is only natural for someone who has only seen us in this diminished state. Perhaps you will believe otherwise when we regain our power, but pfff! I suppose we cannot show you our glory at the moment."
Peter laughs a bit at the notion of these guys calling him arrogant. "The glory of the gods is mercy and benevolance, not having the biggest lightning bolt to shake over your head or throw around if you ask me."
Old 01-04-2023, 11:02 AM   #1287
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
And does he beleive her?
He believes she is telling the truth... but perhaps not all of it.

Quote:
Peter decides that if he does not dream away, he will try and join a hunt... might bring back some good stories.
A long hunt (all day) or a short one? will he just ask around or use existing contacts?

Quote:
Peter laughs a bit at the notion of these guys calling him arrogant. "The glory of the gods is mercy and benevolance, not having the biggest lightning bolt to shake over your head or throw around if you ask me."
"Mercy without power is meaningless. Generosity requires something to give. It is the measure of both Power and Benevolance. That is the greatest glory, I will grant. But Generosity and Kindness without Gifts, Influence, and Motive is available to any mortal. There is a reason we chose Ink-Thur to lead us rather than Tar-Billik."

OCC: But we're Gods! Arrogance is only wrong for puny mortals like you! I'll get that power back and then I'll stop living like an iron-age peasant!

Old 01-05-2023, 06:49 AM   #1288
the_matrix_walker

Peter will ask around and see about doing an all day hunt, hoping to have osme stories to bring back. He's ready for a break from studying messages.
Old 01-05-2023, 09:55 AM   #1289
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Peter seeks out a group going hunting. There are a few.

Two groups say they aren't taking anyone new, especially not from outside their own group.

One group asks:
  • What experience do you have on the Hunt?
  • Can the dog track?
  • Do you have your own weapons?
  • Can you keep up and keep quiet
One group asks if he can pay for them to bring him along

One group asks who he is, if he would demonstrate his skills, and what he expects his share of the catch to be

The last group (and largest) says "sure, we can use another beater."

Old 01-06-2023, 01:32 PM   #1290
the_matrix_walker

Peter is happy to share tales of his slowly improving hunting skills, and fair to pretty darn good tracking...

He would have to borrow weapons of course, but is happy to just assist in tracking and beating...

As for a share, he wants nothing more than to enjoy the meal later.

Tags
lost in dreams