Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2022, 07:49 AM   #9
Kesendeja

Default Re: Create Powerstone for Sorcery, Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
Costs Fatigue is part of the Sorcery Limitation, so probably shouldn't be taken again, unless the intent is that a level 1 powerstone requires you to do two of Gestures, Speaking, and spending 1 FP (as usual) and then calls for spending 1 FP (so either Gestures+Speaking+1 FP, or one of Gestures/Speaking and 2 FP). Later levels should have Costs Fatigue applied to the Affliction, however, on account of it costing +1 FP per +1 ER.

You still have Permanent Duration at +50%. It should be +300% if it's not possible to dispel, but you don't need to account for the two separately.

I'm still not convinced No Resistance is legal, but given this is going to be applied to an object, I'd give it a pass.

Duration/Dispellability, Resistance, Costs FP, Requires Skill Check, Sorcery, Touch Only, and Requires Valuable Gem should only be applied to the Affliction, not to the ER. Duration/Resistance doesn't make any sense on ER, Costs FP would render it useless (you have to spend FP to make use of the functional FP stored within), Requires Skill Check would mean you have a pass a skill check every time you want to make use of the ER, ER's are basically treated as having the appropriate Power Modifier at no additional discount anyway (so no Sorcery), Touch Only doesn't make sense (the user of the gem needs to be touching it to use it, sure, but that's part of Affects Others), and Requires Valuable Gem doesn't make sense (unless you want the powerstone to need to be in contact with another gem to make use of the ER).

EDIT: Also, if you want Slow Recharge on the ER, you'll want to apply an appropriate Limitation on it (see Powers). Normally, it recovers at a rate of 1 per 10 minutes.
I've upped no resistance to 300% and recalculated the costs' based on your input. Thanks BTW.

so for further levels, do you apply the cost for the affliction part? or is it just the Energy Reserve?

Tags
powers, powerstones, sorcery