Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-14-2020, 04:58 PM   #11
Phantasm

Default Re: Silliness from Outer Space [Space]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenfish View Post
I think that we can all agree that Spelljammer in general is the winner for "silliness from outer space", and move on to discussing second place.
To be fair, my giant space hamsters weren't in a Spelljammer game. Sight gag in my space pirate game.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #12
ravenfish

I have Spaceships 7, and I agree that it has most of what one needs. The one thing I couldn't work out was how to handle (other than by fiat) the "rigging" and so forth which needs a crew of a given size to properly maneuver the ship (and, of course, if anyone can link to some written up examples, I would love to look them over).
Old 02-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #13
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenfish View Post
I have Spaceships 7, and I agree that it has most of what one needs. The one thing I couldn't work out was how to handle (other than by fiat) the "rigging" and so forth which needs a crew of a given size to properly maneuver the ship (and, of course, if anyone can link to some written up examples, I would love to look them over).
Pyramid #3/64 - Pirates and Swashbucklers has a few more Starships options for surface ships and airships you may want to look at.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:32 AM   #14
Aldric

Rigging and sails on a ship that travels the void of space carrying its own pocket of air is also pretty high on the silly chart, but only reinforces the guys already in first place.

And I would have been surprised no to see it done somewhere, it's basically a system that requires crew, and if unmanned, the pilot can pretty much only go straight
Aldric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:11 AM   #15
AlexanderHowl

It should be noted that there is a difference between using magic to duplicate the effects of technology and using magic to augment existing technology. A society that used RPM (especially the Path of Nonexistence) to develop a TL(0+10)^ civilization would be an example of the former and could spread throughout the stars without much difficulty. A society that use standard magic to enchant TL4 ships to function in space would be an example of the latter and, quite honestly, would likely produce one-of-a-kind spacecraft because of the difficulty of the enchanting process.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote