Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2021, 03:41 PM   #891
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

It's been a long time since Daymar went to deck 19 to gamble, but manages to resist temptation especially since he knows it might not fit with his cover.

[601] 21-08-30 22:38:37 CEST

Gambling

3d6 <= 15
4 + 6 + 4 = 14 ... success

Instead, he asks Kivu, "what do you want to do?" He's hoping his new buddy will steer him somewhere he might be able to subvert some other crew.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:06 PM   #892
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, I'd like to go give two of the subverted officers a list with the subverted officers on it, which of the two are under suspicion, and that Vinobi received a similar list of potential traitors. It'll also have a pass phrase to identify both of them and to destroy the list after reading it. I think the right pair would be and Jokuchi & Vibibu. Jivithi is under suspicion, Nichapu is also under suspicion and had different programming, Vinobi already has a list, & Chojo is presumably off-shift (given he's the most plausible candidate when I gave Thibi a name earlier). Are they at work (and thus somewhere I can find them) during my break shift and can I get enough time from Thibi to go deliver a message to both of them?

And then during sleep shift I'm working with Daymar to subvert people.
Jokuchi and Vibibu both work third shift, which is during the sleep shift... which is right now! Hua has work to do! Get to it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Instead, he asks Kivu, "what do you want to do?" He's hoping his new buddy will steer him somewhere he might be able to subvert some other crew.

"We've been our feet all day! I want to hang out in the mess, eat food, and relax. Maybe watch a vid. Biku says he found another good one. Or watch an old one."
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 03:00 PM   #893
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Jokuchi and Vibibu both work third shift, which is during the sleep shift... which is right now! Hua has work to do! Get to it!
Alrighty then. I'll assume the pen and paper are on hand and write two letters.

Jokuchi first arbitrarily
-> Stealth and Photorefraction to remain out of sight
-> Observation to find him
-> Filch for the hand off
Quote:
[602] 21-08-31 21:54:06 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 3 + 3 = 7 ... success
[603] 21-08-31 21:54:15 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
5 + 4 + 3 = 12 ... success
[604] 21-08-31 21:56:21 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
6 + 3 + 4 = 13 ... success
[605] 21-08-31 21:56:41 CEST
Filch
3d6 <= 14
3 + 3 + 5 = 11 ... success
On to Vibibu:
Quote:
[606] 21-08-31 21:58:45 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
5 + 2 + 5 = 12 ... success
[607] 21-08-31 21:58:58 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 4 = 11 ... success
[608] 21-08-31 22:00:03 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
4 + 6 + 5 = 15 ... failure
Ok, so I guess I don't find him? Or don't find him in a convenient location?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:56 PM   #894
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"We've been our feet all day! I want to hang out in the mess, eat food, and relax. Maybe watch a vid. Biku says he found another good one. Or watch an old one."
"Really, you just want to sit around? I kind of feel like taking a walk. Let's go look around a bit, we can watch a vid later."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #895
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Alrighty then. I'll assume the pen and paper are on hand and write two letters.
What's in them?


Quote:
On to Vibibu:


Ok, so I guess I don't find him? Or don't find him in a convenient location?
The life support areas are fairly high traffic, being near the living quarters. Hua gets trapped between four spacers walking towards each other in a narrow hall.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Really, you just want to sit around? I kind of feel like taking a walk. Let's go look around a bit, we can watch a vid later."
"Yeah, I'm pooped. Go find someone else to go with you. How about Tuchorbo? he's always wanting to go buy something from the quartermaster. No idea how he affords it. He'll be happy to have someone who wants to walk for another half hour."

Tuchorbo is indeed willing to go around the ship: he wants to get some food down at the quartermaster, and seemingly to go flirt with any of the women on the ship that he can find -- he says the laundry is a good place to do that.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 12:26 PM   #896
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What's in them?
The following, including you, are agents of the fifth republic. Organize and await further orders. There's a pen and paper at [the hidden spot near the meeting location]; deliver any actionable intelligence there. Messages will be left there for you. Destroy this letter after you memorize it.
Chojo - Knows nothing, not under suspicion.
Vinobi - Received list, was told the list was composed of suspected agents
Jivithi - Under suspicion for hyperdrive sabotage
Nichapu - Under suspicion for hyperdrive sabotage, possibly less suspicion
Jokuchi - Received a copy of this list; confirm veracity by asking about fictitious crewman "Zorcheeno" (or another more plausible name)
Vibibu - Received a copy of this list; confirm veracity by asking about fictitious crewman "Porvibee" (or another more plausible name)
[I'll also include the rank details with the names].

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The life support areas are fairly high traffic, being near the living quarters. Hua gets trapped between four spacers walking towards each other in a narrow hall.
Well I suppose I could just wait, for an opportunity to slip away, but that will slow things down too much. I'll try to daze one in front of me to create a gap and then slip through the gap.

Quote:
[609] 21-09-01 19:26:10 CEST
Confuse
3d6 <= 15
4 + 2 + 1 = 7 ... success
[610] 21-09-01 19:26:20 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 2 + 3 = 6 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 03:05 PM   #897
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Yeah, I'm pooped. Go find someone else to go with you. How about Tuchorbo? he's always wanting to go buy something from the quartermaster. No idea how he affords it. He'll be happy to have someone who wants to walk for another half hour."

Tuchorbo is indeed willing to go around the ship: he wants to get some food down at the quartermaster, and seemingly to go flirt with any of the women on the ship that he can find -- he says the laundry is a good place to do that.
"Sure, you rest up and I'll go with Tuchorbo for a bit."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #898
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I suppose I could just wait, for an opportunity to slip away, but that will slow things down too much. I'll try to daze one in front of me to create a gap and then slip through the gap.

The chosen spacer stops moving forward, and Hua slips through the gap. The others look at them. "Hey! what's the matter? you fall asleep?"


Hua continues through the ship to find Vibibu. Now to deliver the note...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Sure, you rest up and I'll go with Tuchorbo for a bit."
Tuchorbo heads down to what he refers to as "Town": the area with the quarter master, the laundry, the barbershop, and the pocket-sized bar (visits are rationed out, but it adds to the vibe of the area: which is small, cramped, spartan, and crowded, but somehow mercantile). Crew from all over the ship are here. Tuchorbo is mostly trying to start conversations with female crew he thinks are attractive... he's not terrible at it...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:25 AM   #899
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The chosen spacer stops moving forward, and Hua slips through the gap. The others look at them. "Hey! what's the matter? you fall asleep?"
I wonder if I can go the entire campaign without them figuring out my power set...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua continues through the ship to find Vibibu. Now to deliver the note...
Let's deliver it:
Quote:
[611] 21-09-03 16:22:33 CEST
Filch
3d6 <= 14
3 + 2 + 5 = 10 ... success
And head back to bunkroom to get some shut-eye:
Quote:
[612] 21-09-03 16:23:38 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 4 + 5 = 15 ... success
[613] 21-09-03 16:23:57 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 6 + 4 = 12 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:01 PM   #900
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
And head back to bunkroom to get some shut-eye:
So you'll be waiting 24 hours before going subverting people with Daymar? Its the appropriate shift.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.