Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2021, 09:07 AM   #921
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

That wraps up the events of a very eventful 3rd shift. Hua is down two hours of sleep.



1st shift starts at 78 hours after the ship dropped out of hyperspace. Hua works this shift, while Daymar and Pacifica sleep. I don't think anything interesting happens during it.



2nd shift starts 86 hours after the ship dropped out of hyperspace. Hua has downtime, and Daymar and Pacifica have work this shift.



As Pacifica starts work, Pacifica is pulled aside by Vinobi (the 2nd mate over her section who was subverted and given a list of other officers).

"I feel... different over the last few days. You wouldn't have an explanation for that, would you?"


Zybo asks Pacifica if she's noticed any more dreadstormers, or if they think they got them when they arrested Daymar's section?



Daymar is working on shields: does he have anything to do during the work day?


What does Hua want to get done during her work day and off-time afterwards?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:06 PM   #922
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
What does Hua want to get done during her work day and off-time afterwards?
During off hours, I'll go case the brig again, continuing the "officer" lie with Thibi.

Quote:
[627] 21-09-15 21:56:43 CEST
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 13
3 + 4 + 5 = 12 ... success
[628] 21-09-15 21:57:16 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
4 + 5 + 2 = 11 ... success
[629] 21-09-15 22:02:02 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 1 + 3 = 10 ... success
[630] 21-09-15 22:03:40 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
3 + 4 + 1 = 8 ... success
Then I'll go check the meeting place for messages.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:55 PM   #923
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

2nd shift starts 86 hours after the ship dropped out of hyperspace. Hua has downtime, and Daymar and Pacifica have work this shift.

Daymar is working on shields: does he have anything to do during the work day?
Daymar is going to try to find out whether repairs to the drives are underway and if so how they are going.

[631] 21-09-15 23:54:05 CEST

Savoir-Faire (Military) (OOC: not sure if this is the appropriate skill to use, I just didn't see anything better on my sheet)

3d6 <= 15
1 + 3 + 4 = 8 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:54 AM   #924
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
During off hours, I'll go case the brig again, continuing the "officer" lie with Thibi.

Then I'll go check the meeting place for messages.
Thibi rolls her eyes and asks a few pointedly empty questions.

The brig area on floor 14 still has four of the five doors locked. This is NOT where the detained hyperdrive crew is being kept (which is the aft section of deck 19). Determining if Botha is behind one of the doors... how would Hua determine that?


Hua has a rough schedule for the guards... she can take out the pair of guards at a time when they aren't expecting reinforcements and no-one will be passing through.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to try to find out whether repairs to the drives are underway and if so how they are going.

Savoir-Faire (Military) (OOC: not sure if this is the appropriate skill to use, I just didn't see anything better on my sheet)
That is an appropriate skill: They hope the drive will be fixed six days from now. ~ 10 days after it fell out of hyperspace.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #925
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Thibi rolls her eyes and asks a few pointedly empty questions.

The brig area on floor 14 still has four of the five doors locked. This is NOT where the detained hyperdrive crew is being kept (which is the aft section of deck 19). Determining if Botha is behind one of the doors... how would Hua determine that?
I don't suppose they have a gap in the "doors" to look through? If I dazed both of the guards, would I have enough time to check each of the cells (i.e. moving the bricks to create a gap to look through.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 04:09 PM   #926
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica asks Vinobi:

Sir, would you like me to call a medic? I heard some people were poisoned!
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:30 AM   #927
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That is an appropriate skill: They hope the drive will be fixed six days from now. ~ 10 days after it fell out of hyperspace.
Daymar files away this information - he and the other Dreadstormers may need to interfere with this plan. For the rest of his shift he just puts his head down and concentrates on settling into his new role as Nijothu.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 09:28 AM   #928
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I don't suppose they have a gap in the "doors" to look through? If I dazed both of the guards, would I have enough time to check each of the cells (i.e. moving the bricks to create a gap to look through.

Daze lasts for at least a minute, so yes, you have time. The cells are sealed, but you can either unseal the door or you can open a smaller door at the bottom. The smaller door is actually for managing fires, but it also works well in prisoner situations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica asks Vinobi:

Sir, would you like me to call a medic? I heard some people were poisoned!
Roll acting to be convincing that you don't know what he is talking about...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 02:14 PM   #929
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daze lasts for at least a minute, so yes, you have time. The cells are sealed, but you can either unseal the door or you can open a smaller door at the bottom. The smaller door is actually for managing fires, but it also works well in prisoner situations.
Well, let's daze both of them and check the cells.
Quote:
[633] 21-09-17 21:12:59 CEST
Confuse
3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 2 = 9 ... success
[632] 21-09-17 21:12:46 CEST
Confuse
3d6 <= 15
3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success
I don't know what to use to check the lower doors inconspicuously so I'll use DX.
Quote:
[634] 21-09-17 21:14:13 CEST
DX
3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 02:35 PM   #930
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, let's daze both of them and check the cells.

I don't know what to use to check the lower doors inconspicuously so I'll use DX.

You are sure that three of four of them are not Botha. You're unsure who the last one is.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.