Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-02-2015, 02:14 AM   #671
ToeFinger

Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Without knowing anything else, I would guess that the most likely cause is that you are using a Windows region setting in which the period (.) is not used as a decimal separator, the comma (,) is. The only way that I know to fix this particular problem is to set the Windows Regional Settings to use the period as the decimal separator.
The problem solved it self when I selected the AN254 box and right-clicked and then selected default formatting. But then I also tried your suggestion and it worked great!

I also noticed that the cost of a SM+4 Major Weapons Battery was only 60K. This might just be an oversight, but have you changed the costs of systems from the books? If so, is there any option to change it back to normal?
ToeFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #672
DaltonS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Version 2.0 Release Candidate 10
Please Note: This RC is for Excel only. There have been a lot of changes made to the macros which will take some time to implement in OpenOffice. In the meantime I see no reason to delay the release of the Excel version update.
Just remember to let us know when the OpenOffice RC is ready to DL, please.

Dalton “waiting with baited breath (and the worms taste awful)” Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:59 PM   #673
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeFinger View Post
I also noticed that the cost of a SM+4 Major Weapons Battery was only 60K. This might just be an oversight, but have you changed the costs of systems from the books? If so, is there any option to change it back to normal?
I don't remember doing that on purpose, but it looks like that should have been errata for the book. Major Batteries should cost about 1/3 of the cost of Spinal Mounts, and the Spinal mount in Spaceships 4 is 150k so the Major should have been about ~50k. On top of that, if you follow the cost progressions from the tables in Spaceships 1 the correct cost for the Major Battery should be 60k, 1/10 the cost of the SM+6 mount, which is close to the 1/3 cost of the Spinal mount. Since there is nothing significantly different with weapon mounts that suggests their cost should fall outside of the standard progression this feels like errata to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonS View Post
Just remember to let us know when the OpenOffice RC is ready to DL, please.[/RIGHT]
Between RC 10 and RC 11 (which I'm currently working on) I've done a significant rewrite of almost all of the macro code in Excel which will make future support much easier with OpenOffice. At this point I just need to get a couple days to write the front-end of the Macros for OpenOffice and then test them out, I just haven't had the time to do it yet. It's looking good though, and I'm pretty sure that this will smooth things out for future support in OpenOffice, making it much easier for me to just port things over from Excel with any future releases.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:11 PM   #674
davester65

Figured I'd let you know. I'm using V2.0 RC9 for open office. I tried to design a ground utility truck type vehicle at SM+3 and it wouldn't give me the vehicles ground performance. If I changed the SM to +3.5 or higher it gives me those stats no problem. It's just at SM+3.
davester65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #675
scc

My copy of SS4 says that a SM+4 Major Battery costs $100K, but looking at SS1 it should only cost $60K
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #676
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester65 View Post
Figured I'd let you know. I'm using V2.0 RC9 for open office. I tried to design a ground utility truck type vehicle at SM+3 and it wouldn't give me the vehicles ground performance. If I changed the SM to +3.5 or higher it gives me those stats no problem. It's just at SM+3.
Good catch. I hadn't noticed that one, but it looks like I never added stats for ground performance (or water performance) for SM+3. SM gets rounded up before looking it up on a table, so SM+3.5 got rounded up to SM+4, which is why it worked just fine while SM+3 didn't.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 04-11-2015 at 09:45 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:10 AM   #677
davester65

Okay, figured it was something like that.
davester65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:17 AM   #678
Daxon Khaed

Hey folks first time here and all!

Im attempting to create a spaceship for my gurps campaign with a total conversion reactor and a reactionless drive I cant seem to figure out how to do this in the spreadsheet any help would be appreciated.
Daxon Khaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:34 AM   #679
adimar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxon Khaed View Post
...total conversion reactor and a reactionless drive...
Welcome to the wonderful world of the amazing ericbsmith excel sheet (all rights reserved, all hail the king and all the other legal mambo jumbo)
The first think you need to do is choose the TL of your ship, choose 12^ (for total conversion). The next thing is size (SM).
After that you need to add the systems
Power plants can be added anywhere is the hull.
Reactionless drive can be added only in the rear.

also, eric posted a youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYBXDDud9g4
Adi

Last edited by adimar; 04-18-2015 at 12:38 AM.
adimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:58 AM   #680
Daxon Khaed

I figured out the problem, I had tech level at 12 not 12^
Daxon Khaed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet