Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #581
Snoman314

Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I hadn't realized there were new rules in Pyramid 3/64. Looking them over it doesn't look like there's anything too strange or unusual, so incorporating them shouldn't be too difficult. I'll see if I can work on them this week sometime.
I'm starting in a steampunk game, and using the steam engine systems are going to keep getting used. Any ETA on when you'll have the additions from Pyramid 3/64 incorporated? No pressure, for now I'm just using a different engine type and then editing the output to be correct. But it would be nice for it to just work.

On a related note, I was wondering about the best way, using your spreadsheet, to include the suggestion given in this post to add a propellor function. Say to a steam engine for example?

This is just an idea thrown out in the forums, so I understand if you don't want to include it in your spreadsheet, but can you offer any advice for how to fudge things to add atmospheric thrust without putting in a reaction engine or anything like that?
Snoman314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #582
Snoman314

Also, possible bug: I can't seem to enter an amount of food in the 'Food Cargo' section. I just get an 'Invalid Value' message every time I try to enter something.
I'm using LibreOffice 4.0.5.2 on Windows 7.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:14 PM   #583
Snoman314

OK, I found the data sheets, and over-wrote one of the systems with the Advanced Steam engine, and even copied some stuff from the Jet Engine row so that now my engines produce no power points, and give thrust instead. I over-wrote the 'Other Fuel' item in the performance sheet, and gave it the value I wanted, and changed the fuel for the steam engine system from Hydrocarbons to Coal, but I still can't get it to let me change one of the fuel's names with out it causing errors.

Any advice?
Old 04-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #584
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman314 View Post
Any advice?
Don't. Just don't. I just spent an hour adding Oars and Steam Engines to the sheet, and I still don't have Wood Fuel duration or Oar seat requirements figured out yet.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #585
Snoman314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Don't. Just don't. I just spent an hour adding Oars and Steam Engines to the sheet, and I still don't have Wood Fuel duration or Oar seat requirements figured out yet.
Lol, yeah I came to the realisation I was starting to push **** uphill on that front.

Well, I appreciate your efforts on this spreadsheet, both past and present. Long may it continue! :D
Old 04-02-2014, 11:51 PM   #586
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman314 View Post
Also, possible bug: I can't seem to enter an amount of food in the 'Food Cargo' section.
This bug should be fixed next time I update, and at least partially affected all versions of the sheet (Excel allows you to enter a value, but isn't handling the limits correctly).
Kaboom-baya.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #587
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

The Excel 2000 version does not appear to work on Excel X for the Mac. (OS 10.6.8; no, I am NOT upgrading.) I try to click the "zoom" button on the page and it drops me into the bug checker.

I *can* set the tickyboxes on the campaign page without it blowing up, but it won't let me touch anything on the other one. (Plus I cannot figure out where to set TL.)
Old 04-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #588
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Is there an easy way to add a module? I would like to add a type of Reactionless drive that's unique to a campaign I'm going to run. I've got all the stats worked out, but I don't want to muck with anything fearing fatal results. I can take this to PM if desired.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #589
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Is there an easy way to add a module? I would like to add a type of Reactionless drive that's unique to a campaign I'm going to run. I've got all the stats worked out, but I don't want to muck with anything fearing fatal results. I can take this to PM if desired.
No, there's not. I toyed around with a way to add modules, but never came up with anything I really liked. Some day I need to revisit it, not sure when though.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #590
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
The Excel 2000 version does not appear to work on Excel X for the Mac. (OS 10.6.8; no, I am NOT upgrading.) I try to click the "zoom" button on the page and it drops me into the bug checker.
I'm not sure what I can possibly do about that, other than provide a version of the sheet without any Macros (which may very well solve the issues, but leaves a lot of functionality out, like the ability to save ships into the save sheets, and to load any of the designs already there - which includes all the designs from all of the books).
Kaboom-baya.

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet