Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2022, 07:46 PM   #1
Bathawk

Default Punching someone into a "Fine Red Mist"

Maybe not literally., but the best way to explain what I want to ask

Now in the game if you hit -5 x HP you die automatically not matter what your HT, levels of hard to kill, ect; so someone with HP: 10...who takes 60 points of damage is done, fini. a corpse....but there is still a corpse.

if this same person goes to -10 x HP.... 110 points of damage, there is nothing left of the corpse, before he may have a dozen bullet holes, but still may be able to a closed-casket funeral. He may have been run over by steel roller, fallen into a vat of acid, or taken a few thousand bullets over the course of the afternoon...heck he may have decided to eat a stick of dynamite.

But lets say i get hit my a mack truck going 100 miles an hour which somehow stops the instant it hit me, I may have takes 60 points of damage, I may be at risk of taking 110 points of damage, but I probably would have been catapulted 40 feet and landed a sack of broken bones, but I'd still have a body 75% intact (or whatever)

Think of a leaf, I can tear a leaf in two no issue...but if it's falling from the tree and I punch it in midair, it's probably going to be undamaged if I connect. likewise if the hulk hit me with a lamppost, it might launch me like a baseball, but my body probably wouldn't explode, or be torn in two.

So the question is, is there a point where blunt drama becomes superfluous? Like for example only the first 40 points "matter" then after that only 1/10th of the damage applies to damage, while still affecting knockback? (I'm just pulling numbers form my posterior to illustrate)
Bathawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hit points, injury