Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-18-2021, 10:14 AM   #1691
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic - GURPS Content Posts

The past seven days was really about Delvers to Grow, specifically art and Backerkit.
  • The Character Collections international orders . . . well, I haven’t heard of any problems
  • Delvers to Grow’s core book is finished except for detailing the artist credits; that won’t take long. Crypt of Krysuvik gets better looking day by day. The cover art for Strong Delvers is in.
  • I have the character designs for Strong Delvers and it’s on my to-do list this weekend to get that laid out so that we know where we stand for extra material.
  • Backerkit surveys went out Thursday night! If you were in the campaign, please complete your survey promptly. If you missed it, the preorder store is open!

Ballistic’s Report for Week Ending June 18
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:52 AM   #1692
Emerikol

I found out about this after it closed and missed the cutoff. What would you consider the essential core?
Emerikol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 12:59 PM   #1693
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
I found out about this after it closed and missed the cutoff. What would you consider the essential core?
That will depend on what you already have of the Nordlond stuff.

The Delvers core book and the three worked-example books (which also have additional content) are the core; Hand of Asgard makes fantastic variant clerics for any set of pantheons (the divine domains are generic, even if the artwork and flavor text is Norse-ish), and Nordlondr Folk plays well with races, for obvious reasons.

If you want everything in single physical book get the Omnibus edition.
Old 06-20-2021, 03:52 PM   #1694
Emerikol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
That will depend on what you already have of the Nordlond stuff.

The Delvers core book and the three worked-example books (which also have additional content) are the core; Hand of Asgard makes fantastic variant clerics for any set of pantheons (the divine domains are generic, even if the artwork and flavor text is Norse-ish), and Nordlondr Folk plays well with races, for obvious reasons.

If you want everything in single physical book get the Omnibus edition.
Thanks. I'm probably mostly making my own templates for my own game world. I just wanted to see what you've done and use it as a guide. So would the core book give me enough or would the worked examples really be needed. I'm not planning on playing in Nordlondr.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:41 PM   #1695
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Thanks. I'm probably mostly making my own templates for my own game world. I just wanted to see what you've done and use it as a guide. So would the core book give me enough or would the worked examples really be needed. I'm not planning on playing in Nordlondr.
If you're looking for a guide just go for the core books. Very little of the stuff is nordlond specific. Kevin says, and I agree, that these are the LEAST Nordlond of the books to date.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:48 AM   #1696
Emerikol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
If you're looking for a guide just go for the core books. Very little of the stuff is nordlond specific. Kevin says, and I agree, that these are the LEAST Nordlond of the books to date.
Thanks. I will do that.
Old 06-26-2021, 08:10 AM   #1697
DouglasCole

https://gamingballistic.com/2021/06/...nding-june-25/

More and more Delvers to Grow and Crypt of Krysuvik production as Backerkit gets filled out and the end is in sight for PDF distribution.
  • Character Collections international orders . . . still haven’t yet heard about movement. They paused at customs
  • Delvers to Grow’s core book is finished and ready for distribution
  • Crypt of Krysuvik is awaiting three art pieces and revision on the title page for art credits
  • Delvers to Grow: Strong Delvers has four hirelings to insert. I created a new half-page layout for the hirelings that will look very good in a book, and you’ll see that layout again in future products.
  • Fast Delvers prelim layout is complete, and when the backgrounds and other details come in, this will move closer as well. My cover artist should have what I need there in a few days.
  • Smart Delvers is the last on the list, and needs the most work.
  • Backerkit is over 90% complete, orders should be locking Saturday. If you missed it, the preorder store is open!
Old 06-27-2021, 02:00 PM   #1698
Plane

been wondering something about spending Control Points for influencing contests...

if we have a pair of ST 1000 DX 10 foes who are grappling, something huge like 10 CP giving -5 to ST would only reduce them to ST 995, which isn't enough to warrant -1 to DX using the scaling system...

but if you can spent CP to affect DX-based contests then it seems like it still scales linearly.

If using the TG9's Bigger and Stronger I'm wondering if maybe when spending CP to influence contests, instead of 1:1 perhaps instead it should be twice the DX penalty that the CP you spent had created?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #1699
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
been wondering something about spending Control Points for influencing contests...

if we have a pair of ST 1000 DX 10 foes who are grappling, something huge like 10 CP giving -5 to ST would only reduce them to ST 995, which isn't enough to warrant -1 to DX using the scaling system...

but if you can spent CP to affect DX-based contests then it seems like it still scales linearly.

If using the TG9's Bigger and Stronger I'm wondering if maybe when spending CP to influence contests, instead of 1:1 perhaps instead it should be twice the DX penalty that the CP you spent had created?
Scaling the CP required to impact a DX contest makes sense to me.
Old 07-02-2021, 07:09 AM   #1700
Varyon

Not sure the best place to report this, but I was glancing through Strong Delvers (considering throwing Shigran and a couple hirelings up against a party consisting of Evil versions of the characters there) and noticed the artwork for Pepin is reversed on page 14. I wasn't sure if this was an error or just necessary for the formatting on that page to work right (I notice the other delvers are often different sizes between pages, which I assume was just necessary to get the formatting to work).

Tags
blog, blogs, committed aim, dungeon grappling, modern firepower, pass limb