Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V. > Ogre Video Game

Old 01-24-2021, 02:21 PM   #1
Falstaffe1965

Default Strategy/Tips? And Overruns

Stuck on the seventh scenario--the one where you're trying to stop pairs of Ogres from marching down the map. So far, about the only strategy that's halfway worked is Superheavy Tanks + a handful of GEV's with singleton Infantry. Go after the Ogre's weapons first, then treads. That works for the first half of the scenario, then it falls apart.

On Overruns--I haven't used them because they seem to only result in my units getting chewed up. Is there a good strategy for using Overruns effectively?

Infantry vs. Marines--what's the difference? From what I'm seeing, their unit values are the same.
Falstaffe1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:46 PM   #2
selenite

Default Re: Strategy/Tips? And Overruns

It's been a while since I played that one. I beat it, but it required some good rolls IIRC. My approach was to take all GEVs, put infantry in the swamps to snipe at Ogres passing by, and do hit and run. (I ran the scenario to see if it worked as well as I remembered. It crashed on me about 2/3s through. I was losing.)

Marines have double defense and regular movement in water. Never tried them in this scenario.

The trick to overruns is to make your opponent do it. Put your troops where an Ogre has a choice between an overrun or swamp, or some other unpleasant option.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:00 PM   #3
Falstaffe1965

Solved it! Ended up using a mix of forces--everything and the kitchen sink, but it was a nail-biter!
Falstaffe1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:04 PM   #4
selenite

Congratulations!
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote