Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 02-01-2023, 07:15 PM   #11
tbone

Default Re: Seamus's Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
I'm inclined to dispense with the "previously living" requirement anyway; preferring to replace it with "mystically significant".
This is very sensible.

Quote:
There are lots of mundane factors that make hex combat interesting for the knight and the swashbuckler. I am at a loss to think of any mystical tactical factors... and I think there ought to be in at least some settings.
This is good, too. I've been thinking for some time that a modest-length Tactical Magic book would be a great addition to the Magic or DF line. What I had in mind was mainly tips and tricks for making smart use of spells on the tactical map, but the sort of potential new power-ups for magic use that you mention would be a nice addition.

(Along those lines, I think I idly suggested something similar for druidic magic at some point. Maybe a spell that first lets the druid establish a "network" with all the surrounding living things, letting later spells act at a greater distance. As for the ideas you note about light and ley lines, those are new & interesting to me.)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)

Last edited by tbone; 02-03-2023 at 08:51 AM.
tbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 11:40 PM   #12
mburr0003

Default Re: Seamus's Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz72 View Post
There are lots of mundane factors that make hex combat interesting for the knight and the swashbuckler. I am at a loss to think of any mystical tactical factors... and I think there ought to be in at least some settings.
Interesting... interesting. Consider this whole thought line yoinked.
mburr0003 is offline   Reply With Quote