Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
Rasputin

Default Re: Suggestions for an introductory GURPS adventure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
I've made an adventure based on the field The Seven Samurai and its many knockoffs.

The setting can be put into almost any type of campaign. Mine is science fantasy, so the world is a fairly low-tech world, a protectorate of the Confederation.
Kind of like Raid on Sterling? I once ran a campaign where that was the middle section.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #12
DangerousThing

Default Re: Suggestions for an introductory GURPS adventure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Kind of like Raid on Sterling? I once ran a campaign where that was the middle section.
Similar. Though the local TL is around 3 because the planetary emperor is afraid that offworld weaponry could get into the hands of rebels. So I'm willing to bet that only two of the characters will have any high tech weapons (the in enter has her sentenals -- spheres like the ones from the movie Phantasm -- and the pilot will probably sneak in his mono wire whip).

The "bandits" will have modern weaponry and some armor. They are really raiders (space pirates) who have made a deal with the local lord to use an abandoned area as a base in exchange for modern weapons (see, the emperor might be paranoid, but he was correct). The raiders are attacking some of the villages that are too close to the raiders base, partly for supplies, partly for slaves, and partly just to blow off some steam.

To get the characters involved there are two factors:

1. The Confederation Office of Special Circumstances, which some of the group used to work for, is asking them to do this. The Confederation absolutely hates raiders.

2. One of the characters has a sister who relocated to this planet, near the area in danger. It was the sister's letter that got Special Circumstances interested and allows for the character and her friends (the PCs) to intervine without this being seen as a military intervention by the Confederation.

Since this is an introductory game, the odds are stacked in the players favor and many of their skills will be used. I expect that the raiders will escape (well, at least some of them) to become a continuing group enemy.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time, gurps recruitment, introductions to gurps, suggestions wanted