Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2015, 11:01 PM   #21
Victor Maxus

Default Re: Post Your Characters!

Probably the most boring character on this post. But she is the main protagonist of a story I have been tinkering on for years. I often GURPS's my characters, I think it is a good Mary Sue test. So, here she is.

Sarah Anna Weiss

Height: 1.63 meters Weight: 53 kilograms (5'4, 116 pounds)
Throughout the story, Sarah relates everything in metric

Age: 17, Hair: Blond, Eyes: Hazel (often mistaken for green), pale complexion

ST: 9 [-10] HP: 9 [0]
DX: 10 [0} Will: 12 [-5]
IQ: 13 [60] PER: 12 [-5]
HT: 11 [10] FP: 11 [0]

Basic Lift: 16
Speed: 5 [-5]
Move: 5 [0]

Advantages
Attractive [4]
Eidetic Memory [5]
Comfortable Wealth [10]

Perks
Dabbler (Architecture+3, Engineering (Civil)+3) [1]
Languages
Common (Native) [0]
German (Accented) [4]

Disadvantages
Berserk (15 or less) [-5]
Curious (15 or less) [-2]
Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]
Space Sickness [-10]
Truthfulness (15 or less) [-2]

Quirks
Addicted to Strategic War Games [-1]
Avid Grape Juice Drinker [-1]
Trademark (Has her Rosary with her) [-1]
Trademark (wears light blue button shirt) [-1]
Trademark (often keeps her hair in a pony-tail) [-1]

Skills
Architecture-11 [0]
Artist (Drawing)-11 [1]
Astronomy-11 [1]
Current Affairs (Science and Technology)-13 [1]
Engineering (Civil)-10 [1]
Expert Skill (Military Science)-11 [1]
Games (Strategic War Computer Games)-13 [1]
History (World History)-11 [1]
Hobby Skill (Video Games)-10 [1]
Mathematics (Applied)-11 [1]
Musical Instrument (Keyboards)-12 [2]
Musical Instrument (Piano)-12 [2]
Physics-10 [1]
Research-12 [1]
Skating-10 [2]
Sports (Soccer)-10 [2]
Swimming-11 [1]
Writing-12 [1]

Sarah Weiss was born in Munich, Germany, sometime in the 24th century. A studious girl, she has a love for science and wants to one day be an architect designing buildings for the expanding colonies (an odd thing since she hates space travel due to her sickness). Her family is rather wealthy and she had an easy going life until she learned the secret her father uncovered; a lost, Alien weapon capable of causing a star to briefly flare up and essentially kill an entire star system. After her father's death and that of his friend, Sarah, who curiously looked into her father's notes, becomes the last person alive who knows its location and the rudimentary method to use it (she knows how to hit buttons and turn knobs in correct sequence to fire it at its own star, but that's enough for the bad guys to use her as a key for unlocking the alien language). Through the course of story she travels from planet to planet fleeing from a madman and trying to one way or another destroy the weapon.

Her high IQ reflects her high intellect, and she s rather willful and perceptive. She gets her HT from seven years of soccer at school, but no real foot speed. She has no combat abilities (the lowered basic speed) but has a love for the military both historically and practically. She has been self teaching her skills relating to being an architect and has been playing keyboard and piano for many years. Her berserk is often sparked in the story by a desire to protect those she cares about (she often fails to go nuts when it is just herself in trouble). She is bad at lying and she can feel the tingling sensation when travelling faster than the speed of light (in the story, most people feel it but get used to it, she can't). Her trademarks represent the fact that despite being chased across the galaxy, she does very little to disguise herself, giving any pursuer easy marks to recognize her by. And finally, her German language is based on the idea that the Common language has replaced all others, and none are taught in school as a normal part of the curriculum. However, they are offered as electives, and she has been taking German since she was eight.

Well, that's it, if I did my math right, she is a 60 point character. I guess I just want to show that heroes don't always have to be high points, powerful and epic. Sometimes simple people in desperate situations can be just as heroic. Not only in stories, but in GURPS as well. If a GM does it right, low point characters can be just as fun and exciting as high point ones.

But this is my offer this post, she is now ready to be destroyed by the critics.

Last edited by Victor Maxus; 07-23-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Victor Maxus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character building, character generation, chargen