Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2020, 04:42 AM   #101
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"You mean with our friends on the shield crew*? You heard about the Pooka-Pooka? I suppose you've got to eat it at least once. I grew up on Korjakor. Those things are a lot scarier when you see them in the wild. This one time..."

Pothi launches into a story about suddenly coming upon an enourmous insectiod creature when he was 10 years old, with the 20 legs and 6 inch body of a pooka pooka. They can be deadly if they sting you, and Pothi has at least half a dozen stories about growing up on the same world as the things, of which half seem to from childhood friends rather than himself.

The sheild crews cook appears to have deep fried a few. They're generally eaten as a token of fortitude and grit.

* you actually see these people more than the people you eat with, at least during the course of the day
"Yes, let's go pay a visit to the shield crew tonight. I've been dying to try a Pooka-Pooka!"

At supper, Day encourages Pothi to tell his stories about the Pooka-Pooka to the others at the table, and using that as cover, will again try the filch/holdout combo to get the contaminated food off the table and concealed.

[42] 20-09-07 12:35:06 CEST

Filch to remove contaminated food from table

3d6 <= 13
1 + 1 + 1 = 3 ... success Critical success!

[43] 20-09-07 12:35:55 CEST

Holdout to conceal filched food for disposal

3d6 <= 14
3 + 6 + 1 = 10 ... success

OOC: In post 96, you said it would be one more meal until Day has 90% of his powers back. Although I'd like that to be correct, I'm not sure it is; in post 85, you said it would be 27 points by lunchtime, so it should be about 36 by supper, and 54 by breakfast on Tuesday, so fully restored by early afternoon on Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The first of the three rendevous is tonight (tuesday) at 2 am. its important to make at least two.
Day will creep out of his bunk at the appropriate hour and do his best to be quiet to avoid waking anyone.

[44] 20-09-07 12:38:10 CEST

Stealth to avoid waking anyone leaving his bunk for the rendezvous

3d6 <= 14
4 + 5 + 1 = 10 ... success

If he meets anyone in the halls who questions while he is out on his own, he'll initially try his influence schtick (Confident Salute) to use Savoir-Faire (Military) "without conversation, contact, or appreciable time." If that fails, then he'll resort to Suggestion.

[45] 20-09-07 12:41:39 CEST

Savoir-Faire (Military) - Convincing Nod (that should be Confident Salute)

3d6 <= 15
3 + 1 + 3 = 7 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:46 AM   #102
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
That would be pretty tight... Figuring each step as the same amount of time, that would give each step about 5 minutes. Probably need twice as much time.

Hm. Would it be possible to befriend someone to provide pretext for why I'm up there without a buddy? Or perhaps end up in the general area and slip away once or twice to rig things up?
many parts could be broken into chunks of time, yes.

Each floor store is on a different floor, but its possible to make buddies in the general area of each of them. Floor 19 also serves as a informal "lounge zone" as it empties of hydrogen bricks. You could hang out there, or try and make a friend there.

you will soon have a "friend" in the form of Daymar... Though I don't know how public you want to make that.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:10 PM   #103
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Yes, let's go pay a visit to the shield crew tonight. I've been dying to try a Pooka-Pooka!"

At supper, Day encourages Pothi to tell his stories about the Pooka-Pooka to the others at the table, and using that as cover, will again try the filch/holdout combo to get the contaminated food off the table and concealed.
given the sensational nature of the food being eaten, it really isn't hard to skip out out eating... The simple rice and sauce on the side can be ignored in favor of chowing down on a bizarre alien with 20 limbs and 20 mouths, evenly distributed around its body.


Quote:
OOC: In post 96, you said it would be one more meal until Day has 90% of his powers back. Although I'd like that to be correct, I'm not sure it is; in post 85, you said it would be 27 points by lunchtime, so it should be about 36 by supper, and 54 by breakfast on Tuesday, so fully restored by early afternoon on Tuesday.
I suppose I was counting the points you'd get at the time you had to eat your next meal. (54 points should be 90%, shouldn't it?) At the time of the rendezvous, you'll have 48 points available.

Daymar makes it to the location at the right time, but no one is there. On his way back he sees a few people, but his hurried disposition and confident salute let him proceed without being stopped.


TGLS: Your shift is during the first meeting time. Please make a plan and rolls to make the second meeting time, or say that you won't be able to make it.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 09-08-2020 at 12:14 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #104
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Day, knowing that the other Dreadstormer may have been unable to get away, is undeterred by being 'stood up', and quietly returns to his bunk to get a bit more sleep.

He is feeling positive about his returning powers. At breakfast, he'll use Suggestion 5 to have one of his table mates spill his or her beverage, and use the distraction to Filch and Holdout the contaminated food.

[46] 20-09-09 00:09:03 CEST

Suggestion to tablemate to spill his/her drink

3d6 <= 16
5 + 2 + 5 = 12 ... success

[47] 20-09-09 00:09:39 CEST

Filch food off table

3d6 <= 13
5 + 2 + 1 = 8 ... success

[48] 20-09-09 00:10:23 CEST

Holdout to remove contaminated food unobserved

3d6 <= 14
1 + 5 + 2 = 8 ... success

The next meeting time is, 9:42, which will be early in Day and Pothi's shift. Day will look for an opportunity to slip away. What kind of work are they doing this morning?
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 08:44 PM   #105
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
TGLS: Your shift is during the first meeting time. Please make a plan and rolls to make the second meeting time, or say that you won't be able to make it.
Right. Let's try to find some activity happening near by the meet up point:
Quote:
[49] 20-09-09 04:42:30 CEST

Research to find an activity

3d6 <= 13
1 + 2 + 4 = 7 ... success
Then a reaction roll against Botha to go do whichever activity it is (unsure of the necessity, previous indicated that she made generous offers):
Quote:
[50] 20-09-09 04:42:48 CEST

3d6
1 + 4 + 1 = 6
And a stealth roll to slip away at an opportune moment:
Quote:
[51] 20-09-09 04:43:27 CEST

Stealth Roll

3d6 <= 18
3 + 4 + 3 = 10 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #106
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Right. Let's try to find some activity happening near by the meet up point:
The fore(front) of the ship on the fifth floor is partially dedicated to missile fuel, which means it empties more slowly that some other areas, and doesn't get used for unofficial sports matches, gambling, or other activities. Its actually a good place to meet with someone privately. That's probably the most common activity on that floor.

One floor down, on the sixth, is one of the two places you can actually look outside, and that attracts a number of visitors. Its there because the primary control center (the bridge) is on that level, and captains in the past demanded the ability to send someone to go look outside and confirm what the sensors where saying.

The location is very close to one of the elevator shafts, if you want to "accidentally" get off on the wrong floor.

Hua could just make up an event she heard was happening on that floor and then go looking around for where everyone was.

Let me know which option she goes with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day, knowing that the other Dreadstormer may have been unable to get away, is undeterred by being 'stood up', and quietly returns to his bunk to get a bit more sleep.

He is feeling positive about his returning powers. At breakfast, he'll use Suggestion 5 to have one of his table mates spill his or her beverage, and use the distraction to Filch and Holdout the contaminated food.
When Hua decides on her plan, we'll run the meeting.

He is successful in avoided the contaminated portions of breakfast. At this point, he's beginning to see an increase in his appetite, because he's been skipping out on portions of meals.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #107
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
One floor down, on the sixth, is one of the two places you can actually look outside, and that attracts a number of visitors.
That one works. Worst case, if someone stops me, I can claim I'm heading to the bathroom. There aren't any on that floor...
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:47 PM   #108
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
The next meeting time is, 9:42, which will be early in Day and Pothi's shift. Day will look for an opportunity to slip away. What kind of work are they doing this morning?
All of the plasma emitters are working today, so they're just inspecting various plasma emitters around the ship to ensure they don't break down or tightening up ones whose performance is deteriorating. The location compartment does have an emitter, but its one of the new ones, and it hasn't showed any signs of trouble during the entire trip.

That's what they'll be doing unless the shield crew or the drive crew find something wrong...

Is he just looking for a moment to leave when Pothi isn't looking?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:00 AM   #109
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
All of the plasma emitters are working today, so they're just inspecting various plasma emitters around the ship to ensure they don't break down or tightening up ones whose performance is deteriorating. The location compartment does have an emitter, but its one of the new ones, and it hasn't showed any signs of trouble during the entire trip.

That's what they'll be doing unless the shield crew or the drive crew find something wrong...

Is he just looking for a moment to leave when Pothi isn't looking?
Day is looking for a moment to leave when Pothi isn't looking, or to create a distraction by breaking something that will require them to work in different areas at the same time to fix.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:32 PM   #110
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day is looking for a moment to leave when Pothi isn't looking, or to create a distraction by breaking something that will require them to work in different areas at the same time to fix.
I rolled the sneaking off.... daymar:13, pothi:9.

Pothi proves difficult to shake. After Daymar thinks he's left, he hears the clang of a bulkhead door behind him. Pothi says "Hey! whats the big idea! We're not done!"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.