Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 08-25-2018, 01:38 PM   #51
malchidael

Default Re: Share your settings for TFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
My setting is a coastal city - the city sits in a sheltered harbor on the west coast of a large continent. The northern half of the city is a great sea port, and though the city has its own government, it is actually controlled by a mysterious woman known as the "Green Hag"

the southern part of the city rises from a stretch of pleasant beaches to sea cliff walls.

Under this city is a great mysterious place known as "The Labyrinth"

No one knows exactly where the Labyrinth came from, who built it or why, but entrances to it are scattered all over the city, are hard to find, and usually are only one way - in. Finding your way out takes skill, bravery, planning, and luck.

Great treasures, mysterious artifacts, and strange monsters can be found

In The Labyrinth
Nifty setting - I like it. Thinking about it, I came up with the question - what if you couldn't leave the City. That drove me to think of this:

You live in the City. No one recalls its name, or when it was founded. No one remembers the last time anyone arrived at the city, and no one leaves. The wealthy that live in the Upper Reaches of the city say that beyond the walls is only mist.

Beneath the city is the Labyrinth - an endless series of caves, tunnels and chambers. The upper levels are used by the people of the City for fungus farming and fishing (in one of the large underground seas).

Everything was peaceful - the city ran like clockwork, ruled by the Priests of Ke'o.

Everything was peaceful. Until the Strangers came.

Now, a plague is spreading, the city is dying, and the dead are not resting quietly.

As you sit in one of the few remaining taverns, the door bursts open, and a Priest of Ke'o stumbles in, the miasma of the plague thick about him. As he dies, he utters "The city is lost. Death comes! Death comes! Flee to the Labyrinth - it is the only hope!"

Dungeon delve through a near endless dungeon to (hopefully) find a gate, while being pursued by the Strangers.

Very single-focused on dungeon crawling, but at some point, the group finds a gate. Do they find a world the Strangers have already destroyed, a completely alien world, or another endless labyrinth.....
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote