Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-24-2022, 10:55 PM   #151
vicious Violence

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

It seems our interests and enemies have aligned. I, Vanta Black, will help the cause of the SLAVANEPO-GODA. There is much to change, much to learn, much to forget. I must learn of what happened to my laboratory, what happened to wife, children.

To celebrate this union of violence and carnage, this is the poem I have written.

A blood black nothingness began to spin
Began to spin
We’re going to on, deaths
Millions and billions of them
Deaths interlinked within deaths interlinked
Within one force, and dreadfully distinct
Against the dark, a tall white sword stands
Dreadfully dark thoughts against the tall white sword
Deaths interlinked within deaths interlinked
Within one system. Interlinked.

Vanta cordially salutes.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2022, 11:19 AM   #152
PumpkinLorica

I Bibingui ask to speak in this hearing. Because I also have the desire to search and destroy those who hurt my mother Nebule. I would like to ask if you know who has my ship? (*´◒`*)
Old 03-30-2022, 04:00 PM   #153
SID

@Vanta
"Then, let it be fate interlinked with death."

"Slava" waves his hand and calls the XJ9-CS14 closer, the droid makes a "confirmation sound" and pulls out a "whistling birds" bracelet.

"You can have this, but you should repair it and get some "bullets". Anyway, it's hard to come by such items these days, you could as well sell it.

By the way, it is wise you learn the name you bear has got its own history. So be careful, for both your past and your present will chase you with dangerous intentions, regardless of what you pick. Vanta was well known in the outer rim, he's got friends and enemies, that's all we can tell you."

@Bibingui
"Good, let’s embark on a journey of revenge and have the grave-keepers rejoice. We can look for your ship, we’ll get in touch with you."

"Slava" asks Bibingui for the ship's model and transponder code. In the particular case of your ship, you require Nebula's token and your keyring; fortunately, you have both (the transponder is within the box).

(OOC: Assuming you agree).

Bibingui hands "the box" to the XJ9-CS14 on the condition they will return "the transponder" to Bibingui whether they find the ship or not. You don't agree on a specific time, so you can ask for it whenever you want. The rest (box and its contents) is the price you'll pay for having them find the ship.

OOC: If there's no additional comments on your part, we shall move on.

Then, the Slava dismisses you.

"It's time to go, please follow 'Vanitas', she will take you back to the Smuggler's Moon. She will tell you what’s next.”

The party leaves the room, using the door you entered from. Back at the chamber, Vanitas asks you to follow her. Her voice resembles GladOS’.

The path ahead also involves cold and electromagnetic interference, but it’s indoors and under control (no rolls needed). It’s a long walk through a dimly lit "metallic" corridor, you only tell by sound of your steps and the small lights in the floor (think of the aisle lighting of movie theaters, reddish lights in the floor). The rest is pure darkness, not all of your equipment works properly, but you can get this visual, that's the ambience as well.

It’s only you, and Vanitas.

Eventually, you find a familiar “structure”, the elevator. Vanitas opens the hatch and takes a sit, she’s waiting for you to get in.
Old 03-30-2022, 09:18 PM   #154
PumpkinLorica

I agree.
Binbingui asks Togosho "why so serious?"

Binbingui sits, she is happy because Dismas is not there.(*⁰▿⁰*)
Old 03-31-2022, 04:06 PM   #155
SID

Meanwhile, Vanitas explains the group's first job will take place in about 2 days, including the following details:

You're currently headed to the "RXJ4 ACCRETION", a spacecraft carrier stationed in Nar Shaddaa's orbit.

The ACCRETION is an "ALLIED" (good guys) ship that serves as customs and logistics hub, it makes sure no smuggling takes place in the Smuggler's Moon.

Once you get there, you'll reach section X1, look for ZEPH-YRINUS (a GUNGAN in charge of X1's deck) and ask for DISMAS. Dismas will be your pilot, he has a ship of his own. She tells you that at this point he should know that he'll be working with you from this point forward.

Depending on the situation, Section X1 and the hotel you visited before will serve as your "headquarters".

You're free to go anywhere you want, as long as the 4 of you do it together.
Dismas can take you almost anywhere.

She reminds you that -publicly- you aren't working for the Slava.
You are mercs of YWO KESTIS, (private contract and private details).

Vanitas will meet with you in 2 days at Section X1, she'll give you the details once you meet there.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:14 PM   #156
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID View Post
Meanwhile, Vanitas explains the group's first job will take place in about 2 days, including the following details:

You're currently headed to the "RXJ4 ACCRETION", a spacecraft carrier stationed in Nar Shaddaa's orbit.

The ACCRETION is an "ALLIED" (good guys) ship that serves as customs and logistics hub, it makes sure no smuggling takes place in the Smuggler's Moon.

Once you get there, you'll reach section X1, look for ZEPH-YRINUS (a GUNGAN in charge of X1's deck) and ask for DISMAS. Dismas will be your pilot, he has a ship of his own. She tells you that at this point he should know that he'll be working with you from this point forward.

Depending on the situation, Section X1 and the hotel you visited before will serve as your "headquarters".

You're free to go anywhere you want, as long as the 4 of you do it together.
Dismas can take you almost anywhere.

She reminds you that -publicly- you aren't working for the Slava.
You are mercs of YWO KESTIS, (private contract and private details).

Vanitas will meet with you in 2 days at Section X1, she'll give you the details once you meet there.
If the group agrees, I would like to go to the armory, to see if they have ammo for the new weapon and any other supplies the team needs.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:44 PM   #157
SID

The ACCRETION. The ship’s construction project started about 5 years after the events of EXEGOL (Rey/Kylo/Sidious), and consisted in the rescue of fallen and derelict ships to build a single “super-structure”. The project was led by the Alliance in an effort to activate the economy after the war, it was quite successful; it was built in 10 years, in cooperation with the inhabitants of the galaxy (including even the Hutt, Geonosians and the Chiss).

Depicted as a spacecraft carrier, the ACCRETION serves an itinerant bonded warehouse, but it’s more than that (reference data, average figures):

Size
With a shape that resembles “Centerpoint Station” (Star Wars) or “NACENE” (Star Trek), it has an diameter of 175 KM.

Population
At least 2 million habitants, 65% military personnel, 30% civilians, 5% droids.

Fleet/Docks
It houses about 15,000 battleships; it has docks for at least 50 thousand cargo ships. It could also host star destroyers, but this is an ALLIANCE “ship”.

NOTE: A small correction regarding the ACCRETION’s location, it is stationed in Nal Hutta’s orbit (not Nar Shadda’s). You’ll pass Nar Shaddaa before reaching the ship.

@Bibingui
Moving within the ACCRETION could be a difficult task, but a few navigation rolls will do the trick. Bibingui’s been there, I just rolled for her, so she can lead the way as if she was a regular (plays well with her good memory).

@Vanta
Bibingui has been in the smuggling business for a while, she’s got the skill to find such kind of stuff so… I just made the roll and she got a critical success: You can find the bullets (it’s small rockets) in the black market. The Ewok explains that acquiring the “bullets” won’t be cheap. She also comments on your vambrace, it’s marked with the initials “C.D.”.

She tells you the vambrace has BESKAR on it, a poor job ruined it. The repairs may require BESKAR parts, those are often available to Mandalorians that bring their own BESKAR to a Mandalorian armorer OR to a very proficient armorer/blacksmith. If you happen to find such a person, it’s quite likely they will have the schematics for the rockets (and Bibingui could then make them).

In other words, you don’t have to visit the armory for this matter.

@Party
Your equipment will start working normally as you leave the place you just visited.

The scenario is yours.
Old 04-02-2022, 11:55 AM   #158
kimharry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID View Post
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away…

You are established in sector 70599, one of the most vibrant and modern districts of Nar Shaddaa, the busiest hotspot of the ecumene in regard of art, commerce and entertainment. The flashing and flickering neon lights illuminating its urban space have earned 70599 a visual identity and a name: "Ankwas shapa-keesay" or “Ankwas” for short (figuratively translated as “dancing blue”). Weather is overcast and stormy, of subpolar variety; sunlight is scarce, only 2 hours of sunlight a day (in average).

Ankwas extends about 64.94 sq. mi., its status as the house of THE COUNCIL gives it important advantages, particularly in terms of access to investment and resources, as well as power structures that matter in galactic-scale decision-making (or so the rumors say).

Ankwas is overseen by the elusive crime-lord Slavanepo-Goda “the Hutt”, leader of “Chowbasa” ("the Welcome", in english). Word is you can join Chowbasa anytime, for one reason or another, you are bound to do so.

This is where your story begins...

Please roll 1d6 everybody.

1-2: Dance club
2-4: Hotel
5-6: The streets
I am damm sure about what you are saying so in this regard I am agreed with you.

Last edited by kimharry; 04-04-2022 at 12:11 PM.
kimharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:47 PM   #159
the_matrix_walker

"If we get a lead on Beskar, I'd be interested in pursuing it. I have been considering working it into my systems."

Togosho will open up his lightsaber and install the kyber he was left.

He will go along with the others to pursue arms or investigate Bibi's ship.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 10:36 PM   #160
PumpkinLorica

Togosho,I had the impression you wanted to see your father (master)

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars