Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
dymwit

Default Re: Voodoo zombie curse resolution

Looks like this was resolved after all!

I'm surprised that the one on whom the curse was played on gets to decide the order of which cards to place back down.
I definitely had thought it'd be set as one way or the either. I can see both sides of view for the curse to be discarded first, or for the powers to be discarded then the curse.

But I guess now we know for the future, the cursed player decides!

#slapsgiving ;)
dymwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #12
Ardy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dymwit View Post
Looks like this was resolved after all!

I'm surprised that the one on whom the curse was played on gets to decide the order of which cards to place back down.
I definitely had thought it'd be set as one way or the either. I can see both sides of view for the curse to be discarded first, or for the powers to be discarded then the curse.

But I guess now we know for the future, the cursed player decides!

#slapsgiving ;)
>grumble......yea yea....
Ardy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
Bampop

Well, it's not necessarily the person who was cursed. They said the "current player." So, if Ardy cursed someone else on his own turn, he'd decide the order, and he could do it in his favor.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #14
Trsevener

I really thought that the "current player" would be the person any card was played against, not who's turn it is.

I hope Andrew or Erik will provide further clarification.

Indiana MIB available for demos and tournaments. Please check out my Facebook page to see what I am up to.
Trsevener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #15
Brf

The person whose turn it is is the current player who gets to choose the order of discards. That has been stated in several topics, such as the Transferal Potion topics.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #16
dymwit

so let's discuss a hypothetical game with 4 players, A,B,C,D

Let's say it is Player A's turn, and during that turn, Player B curses Player C. (with a curse that makes Player C give up powers to the discard pile)

So at this point, it's currently Player A's turn, and the curse was played by Player B onto Player C.

Who would decide the order of the cards to go into the discard pile, Player A, B, or C? Because it's Player A's turn, but the curse was played onto Player C.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #17
Brf

Obviously Player-A, since that is whose turn it is.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
Ardy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bampop View Post
Well, it's not necessarily the person who was cursed. They said the "current player." So, if Ardy cursed someone else on his own turn, he'd decide the order, and he could do it in his favor.
Oh man this made it comicated again. Ok so let me lay out what happened clearly. Player A is me player B is getting cursed. Player C is about to end his turn which would be followed by player A turn.

Before player C ends turn player A plays Drainnnnssss! On player B who loses one power.

As we did not know the resolution I said player B discards his power thus curse is resolved and then placed on top of power. Player B said no curse discards immediately and then power on it.

And here is here te #slapsgiving began.

So just to be clear was player C's turn. Followed by player A's turn. Player B was not up but was cursed. At beginning of player A's turn he would get te curse if it was on top
Ardy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
dymwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchkinMan View Post
We've declared that the player whose turn it is discards the cards in the order they choose. So, if you are hit by a Curse that forces you to discard something, you discard all the cards at the same time in the order you choose.
This statement lends to the ambiguity - since it first seems to imply that the person whose turn it is decides, but then later seems to imply that the person hit by the curse decides. (unless it's specifically referring to a case where the person hit by the curse happens to also be the one whose turn it is...)
Old 05-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #20
dymwit

So, following what Ardy just wrote above, it presents the same dilemma as the hypothetical case I presented above.

Thus, the final question remains - who decides the order the cards are put into the discard pile - the one who plays the curse, the one who is cursed, or the player whose turn it currently is.

Tags
curses, draaaaaiiiiins, voodoo