Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-25-2022, 10:16 AM   #1
JohnPaulB

Default TFT Superheroes

I wouldn't mind seeing an article in Hexagram about applying TFT Companion p28 Superheroes in The Fantasy Trip to a normal TFT game..

Something like the Superhero concept applied to a Cidri style universe, medieval game. An example of some characters: Hero, villain, monster, etc.

Any takers?

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 10:29 AM   #2
hcobb

Default Re: TFT Superheroes

I could go for a scenario where a modern superagent Bond/Bourne/Croft, etc. visits Cidri.
Old 08-28-2022, 05:15 PM   #3
Infornific

Default Re: TFT Superheroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing an article in Hexagram about applying TFT Companion p28 Superheroes in The Fantasy Trip to a normal TFT game..

Something like the Superhero concept applied to a Cidri style universe, medieval game. An example of some characters: Hero, villain, monster, etc.

Any takers?
Not really suited to my talents but one way to import superheroes into a medieval fantasy game would be to make them demigods/Nephilim etc who inherited powers from divine ancestors. The old Mythic Greece supplement for Fantasy Hero worked that way. It could also create a clash between the superheroes and the wizards who had to work for their powers. Or the superheroes could be agents of the gods (or something calling itself a god) theoretically acting to protect the people with divinely granted powers. Villains could be either supers who chose to misuse their powers or children/creations of malevolent deities.

Alternately you could have a low powered superhero team from a conventional superhero world that somehow winds up on Cidri with amazing powers and a distinct lack of local knowledge or skills practical for a medieval world. Plenty of comic book precedent for that.
Infornific is offline   Reply With Quote