Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 08-13-2018, 09:25 AM   #271
Shadekeep

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip Live on Kickstarter Now!

Every KS campaign has a lull in the middle. It's the plateau between the massive interest at the start and the surge of new backers and pledge increases at the end. I'm glad the numbers look so good at this point, and I suspect the campaign is already a much bigger success than was originally expected.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #272
kbs666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
Every KS campaign has a lull in the middle. It's the plateau between the massive interest at the start and the surge of new backers and pledge increases at the end. I'm glad the numbers look so good at this point, and I suspect the campaign is already a much bigger success than was originally expected.
>1000% funded is a pretty significant milestone. Being on track to hit close to 300k has got to be very gratifying for SJG. This has to bode well for keeping the base products in print and for new products for at least the next few years.
kbs666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #273
Frost Giant

How do I do an Addon to my pledge? Googled it and got zip.
Frost Giant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #274
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Giant View Post
How do I do an Addon to my pledge? Googled it and got zip.
Go to the TFT campaign page and first click Manage your pledge. From there click Change your pledge. From there you should be able to bump up your pledge amount by the cost of the add-ons. Be sure not to change your actual pledge level, unless that's something you intend to do as well.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #275
Frost Giant

Quote:
Go to the TFT campaign page and first click Manage your pledge. From there click Change your pledge. From there you should be able to bump up your pledge amount by the cost of the add-ons. Be sure not to change your actual pledge level, unless that's something you intend to do as well.
Thanks, I did that and did not understand what to do, I guess.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #276
Frost Giant

Quote:
I changed the amount but there is no indication of what the pledge covers, which was supposed to be the Companion.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:43 PM   #277
Shadekeep

Quote:
I changed the amount but there is no indication of what the pledge covers, which was supposed to be the Companion.
Yes, there isn't really any way to tell the creators what your increase is for right now. That's typically done after the campaign, usually through something like Backerkit.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #278
Frost Giant

Quote:
Yes, there isn't really any way to tell the creators what your increase is for right now. That's typically done after the campaign, usually through something like Backerkit.
OK, thanks. I've never done a kickstarter before, intended to get in on the Ogre ODE but decided not to spend the money at that time and bought retail later instead.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #279
JLV

Quote:
You need to make a note somewhere so that you don't forget what the extra money was for (it gets more complex if you add several things and then later just see that you have a total of "X" extra dollars on your pledge). The reason I say this is because sometimes the Backerkit notification (where you tell Steve and company what all that extra money was for) might not be sent out for several months, depending on the timeline of the Kickstarter. Since they want to try and turn this one pretty fast, you should get the Backerkit e-mail within a month or two of the close of the campaign, but better safe than sorry.

(War Story) I backed Horror on the Orient Express from Chaosium back in about 2012 or so, and it was almost two years before they sent out the surveys to find out what all we wanted. I had to try and recreate what I wanted from very dim memory and the old Kickstarter page, which took me quite a while to do; from that I learned; "always write everything down!" (/War Story)
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #280
Frost Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
You need to make a note somewhere so that you don't forget what the extra money was for (it gets more complex if you add several things and then later just see that you have a total of "X" extra dollars on your pledge). The reason I say this is because sometimes the Backerkit notification (where you tell Steve and company what all that extra money was for) might not be sent out for several months, depending on the timeline of the Kickstarter. Since they want to try and turn this one pretty fast, you should get the Backerkit e-mail within a month or two of the close of the campaign, but better safe than sorry.

(War Story) I backed Horror on the Orient Express from Chaosium back in about 2012 or so, and it was almost two years before they sent out the surveys to find out what all we wanted. I had to try and recreate what I wanted from very dim memory and the old Kickstarter page, which took me quite a while to do; from that I learned; "always write everything down!" (/War Story)
Thanks a bunch! I only plan on getting The Companion, probably won't have any extra money before the Kickstarter closes but good to know, in case I get some more money;)