Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #2231
momothefiddler
 
momothefiddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Jorin's [Combat Reflexes] initial response is to look for the source of the attack. Upon seeing Sam duck behind cover, though, he decides to join him instead.

(HT 10 -2 = 8, roll 7, success by 1)
__________________
Characters

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT

Last edited by momothefiddler; 08-31-2013 at 01:05 PM.
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #2232
rorikdude12
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Jacob [Enhanced Time Sense] runs out of the gas and upwind of it, stopping behind a piece of rubble a good few yards away from Sam.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HT-2 = 10, 9; Success by one
rorikdude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #2233
Lamech
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Can't remember if I cast my wards, I know I cast them at some point, but did I go back to sleep... frack it! I'm recasting them. John is in the middle of thought when the nerve gas lands.
HT-2=8 Roll 12 Note: I forgot to log in, so you'll just have to trust that I failed... or you can reroll if you want.
Damage: 1d-2=3
Roll IQ: 15-2*: 9
success by 4
John follows Sam out of the painful gas.
*I figure with spending time as a monster "hunter" John has a general idea of strange and deadly crap even if he doesn't quite grasp this issue.

How much downtime does John have for casting?
__________________
John
Cee
Martel
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #2234
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

I'm assuming since Michael put on the gas mask he doesn't inhale.

IQ vs 14 (Michael is TL8/9 and knows exactly what a gas attack is, if not the exact replay of the situation) =11 (success by 3)

Michael backs away, holding his breath, despite the respirator, and fingering the small item to take him to the TL 7 world.

HT vs 9 =14 failure by 5
d-2 =1-2 = 1 damage.

The gas seeps through Michael's clothing.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #2235
Totem
 
Totem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Western Harbour
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorikdude12 View Post
Jacob [Enhanced Time Sense] runs out of the gas and upwind of it, stopping behind a piece of rubble a good few yards away from Sam.
I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here: Hold Breath means that you don't need to breath. It doesn't stop you from doing so, or inhaling things (that would be Filter Lungs rather than Doesn't Breath), and this stuff is most dangerous when it gets inside you. Unless Jorin is deliberately holding his breath, he would count as having inhaled it (though I'll allow a roll for DX to get out before it gets that far).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
How much downtime does John have for casting?
Depending on where everyone goes next, possibly not long.




Wolf ducks in beside Sam, seemingly unaffected by the gas. He fires off a few shots in the rough direction that the mortars seemed to come from. "Damn it!" he curses. "They're somewhere over there..." He gestures to Jorin and Michael, seemingly at random. "You pair, head round to the left and flank them. You," he indicates John, "stay here and keep watch. The three of us," he indicates himself, Jacob and Sam, "will go right and be obvious about it to distract them."

Without really waiting for a response, as if he was issuing orders to a team that are used to working for him, he moves off, heading from cover to cover; whatever this nightmare of his is, he's clearly living it rather than simply getting confused by it.
__________________
"John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting."
Totem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #2236
momothefiddler
 
momothefiddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Jorin hesitates, glancing at Michael.
__________________
Characters

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #2237
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Michael fingers his ticket out of here, and shakes his head at Jorin, "I'm not playing by the local rules."

OOC: he should now be at -4 to jump. (assuming combat time. He'll be at +0 if he has five seconds.)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #2238
Totem
 
Totem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Western Harbour
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Michael fingers his ticket out of here, and shakes his head at Jorin, "I'm not playing by the local rules."

OOC: he should now be at -4 to jump. (assuming combat time. He'll be at +0 if he has five seconds.)
[OOC: Suppression fire from Wolf appears to be keeping things quiet; Michael does have the spare time.]

The jump is fairly easy for Michael, following the trail of the object in his pocket back to its home universe. But though it is easy there's a... A feel to the jump. It's isn't another lobster pot, but there's a definite sense that... Getting back into this universe won't be a problem, but there's a sense that this isn't a regular part of it.

He doesn't have long to think about this though; as he arrives at his destination he nearly collapses under the sudden weight of something landing on him. The pressure is relentless, and it takes a couple of seconds to recognise that this is actually rain; it feels more like standing under a heavy waterfall, with the same difficulties in breathing with that much water around.

Looking around is tricky in the dark and downpour, but he's landed in the middle of a street (fortunately the traffic seems non-existent at present), with buildings of some kind a short distance away to his left and right.
__________________
"John Adams was a farmer. Abraham Lincoln was a small-town lawyer. Plato, Socrates were teachers. Jesus was a carpenter. To equate judgment and wisdom with occupation is at best... insulting."
Totem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #2239
rorikdude12
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Jacob shakes his head as Michael disappears.

I told you. Now you're stuck here.

Jacob looks at the rest of the group (excluding Wolf). "Okay, we need to deviate from what he wants. Remember, in his dream, we all die. Wolf, however, doesn't seem to. Let's ALL go around left, leaving Wolf to flank and provide a diversion.", he says, starting to stealthily head left.

--------------------------------------
Stealth 13, moving at Move 1; 14, failure by one
rorikdude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #2240
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Michael laughs, thinking that his gas mask is probably actually protecting him from the worst of the difficulties in breathing.

Michael heads towards the buildings, hoping his weapons aren't disabled. Its too much to hope for with the firearm, but the stunner might survive...
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.