Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #2151
Totem

Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Jacob, can you possibly get him to shut up? And don't panic. We can handle this. If we can face down.... Never mind, half of you weren't there. Look. They were wondering why this location was so interesting. Why the effects were so localized. now we know. And it definitely has something to do with this. I suppose we can just go out, confirm that the symptoms are localized, and return. Perhaps with a vehicle that flies or some sort of drone. I'd like to pick up some more basic info though."

"Mr. Wolf, We kind of intentionally ended up here because we though something was going on. We're here to fix it, and we made fairly elaborate plans for getting out. We may even be able to take you with us. I need more Details, Patrick. I'm something of a photographer. What happens when you try to get photos of the ticking men? And can I meet some of these gibbers?"

"Now what?" Michael says as Patrick leads them away. "Do they have laughing men as well as ticking ones?"

Michael, wonders about blazen influence in Patrick. its happened before, and he unfortunately didn't get a good mind scan on the guy. He could knock the blazen out... if he wanted Patrick to be mind-wiped for a few hours, and that wasn't really an option. He still has an eye on the mind of the other guy.
"You came here deliberately?" He looks confused, and a bit impressed, as he leads you along the street. "I'm guessing that you didn't know what you were getting into." He shakes his head in a kind of wonder. "Anyway... Photographs in general don't work here; I'll show you some of the results that other people have managed in the past and you'll see. Getting photos of the tick-tock men doesn't work at all. And I don't know what that was up there," he admits, "other than it probably being trouble. I've heard it around, but I've never actually seen it. I've only seen the people who have seen it," he adds darkly.

Keeping a mental eye on both Patrick and the other guy, Michael is somewhat confused by the mental fuzz that he's picking up. It's like he can't actually get a proper look at either of their minds. But it doesn't seem to be anything that either of them is doing; it's like his own ability to see such things is fuzzing. There doesn't appear to be anything obviously wrong with either of them though.

[OOC: Just to clarify, Patrick hasn't actually displayed signs of possession yet; his resistance to having his mind read/ influenced earlier was a purely Human level resistance (which Michael will be able to recognise on some level), and though Michael's paranoia might find this an interesting target, he doesn't actually have any justification for his concerns.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
John takes a second to breathe, and takes off after. Sorry, I was a bit spooked. We do have a way out, but we are also here to save this world from being incinerated. And we are currently running recon. Anyway, we have a car back there, its our way out. Will it be okay if we leave it there? The laughing men, or the tick-tocks won't scrap it or something?
Wolf pauses and looks back in the direction of the car, then shakes his head. "Look, you're not going to get that car anywhere near one of our safehouses, and those are the only places I can be sure of where it would actually be safe. When you come back then maybe it'll be here, or maybe it won't. All I can say is that if you're worried about it, then something definitely will go wrong."

[Reminder: Jacob, John and Sam don't possess any world-jumping ability of their own. That car is the only way (aside from being carried by Jorin or Michael) that they have of getting out of this world.]
Old 08-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #2152
momothefiddler

Jorin, having spent some time in thought, reaches a conclusion. He walks up to Patrick. "You seem to think people are okay as long as they don't look. Has there at any point been anyone, as far as you know, who was negatively affected by listening to any of these things?"

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #2153
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
Jorin, having spent some time in thought, reaches a conclusion. He walks up to Patrick. "You seem to think people are okay as long as they don't look. Has there at any point been anyone, as far as you know, who was negatively affected by listening to any of these things?"
"Listening to them is fine," Patrick replies. "I've listened to them. I've looked at them even. Listening to them doesn't draw their attention though; they can feel you watching them from a hundred metres away, and they always come to get you. I've always managed to escape by running and hiding before now, but other people haven't been that lucky. If you see one, look away quickly."
Old 08-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #2154
momothefiddler

"So you're saying it's not about looking at them; it's something they do to you if they notice you?"

Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #2155
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

(how is Michael's connection with Jacob? Any Fuzz?)

Michael to Patrick: "Photograph's don't work around here? huh. that's odd. can you contact satellites? And is it safe for us to leave the car behind? will it get smashed or vandalized? We've got some equipment that can't really leave it."

Michael pulls john and jorin aside "Anyone got any spells to allow seeing without seeing? That'd be a really nice bonus right now."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #2156
momothefiddler

"That's exactly why I was asking these questions. I can cast a spell to allow us to see with sound, as the great worms of Thu-il do, but I'm not sure if that would protect us. On the other hand, he seems to be saying that looking is not the problem, just that looking makes it impossible to hide. Perhaps we need only be ready for a fight when one comes."

Old 08-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #2157
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"of course, they don't know what is actually done. I need to find someone who has been destroyed by these creatures. They should have some good information on what we need to watch out for. I suspect its a supernatural attack. I'm fairly resistant to those, but some of the other members I worry about."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #2158
momothefiddler

"If it's relevant, I could probably provide a magical masking layer over our thoughts. But I agree that finding someone who's been affected is our main priority now. The sooner we know what these tick-men do, the sooner we can deal with them and move on to our actual mission."

Old 08-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #2159
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"And we need to find out how to evade one safely once noticed. I'm nearly certain they're the cause of the invasion. With out them, I suspect our minority will go away on its own."

Old 08-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #2160
momothefiddler

"I'd be hesitant to assume that, but I agree they're probably related somehow. The fact that no-one can leave the city makes the city itself a nicely-contained minority, though, and they certainly seem united in fear, at least, so you might be right..."

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire