Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-30-2021, 08:36 AM   #351
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So there's enough vegetation on the inside of the gated community to remain concealed for an extended period of time? Seems a bit strange to me. If that's the case, I'll pay the cabbie, wave him off and melt into the shrubbery. I'll keep eyes out on the house to see who's coming and going, and wait until night and for the house to go dark.

aesthetics and security don't have the most amiable relationship, historically speaking. And you did you use intuition...

The house is now dark. The street lights in the neighborhood will stay bright... but the back yards are dark.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:06 AM   #352
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
aesthetics and security don't have the most amiable relationship, historically speaking. And you did you use intuition...
Cool; now I'm imagining it's like a tiny Versailles or Hampton Court. Though a more unkempt one.

Quote:
The house is now dark. The street lights in the neighborhood will stay bright... but the back yards are dark.
I guess no one came or went? I'll stay away from the street, and make my way around the house looking for an open window, even if opened only a crack. An upstairs window is fine; I think my climbing could make it.
Quote:
[244] 21-12-30 16:00:38 GMT
Observation
3d6 <= 16 : 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:46 PM   #353
the_matrix_walker

Spoiler:  

As the shot rings out, Vassarious twists in a spinning leap, crashing through the window to a hardware store. Avassarious rushes deeper into the store to better their cover and force these foes to come in closer if they want to catch their prey. they try and change into Air form but feel their body hesitate.

If the next turn comes and they have not appeared, Vassiarious will try (and fail) again.
Spoiler:  

Spoiler:  

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 12-30-2021 at 01:07 PM.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:47 AM   #354
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I guess no one came or went? I'll stay away from the street, and make my way around the house looking for an open window, even if opened only a crack. An upstairs window is fine; I think my climbing could make it.
No one came or went, correct.

One window is indeed cracked on the second floor... make a stealth roll if you use that window.

Spoiler:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
As the shot rings out, Vassarious twists in a spinning leap, crashing through the window to a hardware store. Vassarious rushes deeper into the store to better their cover and force these foes to come in closer if they want to catch their prey. they try and change into Air form but feel their body hesitate.

If the next turn comes and they have not appeared, Vassiarious will try (and fail) again.

How are they armored?
How tall are these buildings?

The store is quite small, and its deserted and cleaned out of its wares, but there are still abundant shelves to hide behind... though they count mostly as concealment rather than cover.

V can hear the chatter as the hawk soldiers watch the windows and take up positions, let some of their buddies catch up, and wait impatiently for an immortal to be assigned to them. They figure they have you cornered.

V has a third opportunity to shift, and a new voice on the earpiece says "This is Thadimus. The target is in the building you've got surrounded. She's trying to change again. Move in. Retifurus... how are you doing? Retifurus?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-31-2021, 11:09 AM   #355
the_matrix_walker

"What!?" Vassarious thinks to themself... "How can they know I'm changing my shape!?!"

Vassarious calms themselves and tries once more, hoping to slip away rather than harm these creatures that are just doing their jobs, and the change starts to come. Their form starts to soften...

While Vassarious shifts, they push one of the metal shelving racks over in front of the counter and takes cover behind the register to increase the quality of the cover, and hopes to complete their change to an air elemental and sneak away.

Spoiler:  
Old 12-31-2021, 12:38 PM   #356
TGLS

Quote:
No one came or went, correct.

One window is indeed cracked on the second floor... make a stealth roll if you use that window.
I'll check my phone to see if Vassiarious responded before stripping down and heading for the open window.

Quote:
[253] 21-12-31 19:34:47 GMT
Climbing
3d6 <= 16
5 + 6 + 5 = 16 ... success {by two if there's a penalty}
[254] 21-12-31 19:35:25 GMT
Escape
3d6 <= 16
4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success
[255] 21-12-31 19:36:25 GMT
Stealth
3d6 <= 15 {I'm assuming that being seen isn't part of it}
4 + 3 + 4 = 11 ... success
So, where am I? The bedroom?
Old 12-31-2021, 01:27 PM   #357
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
I'll check my phone to see if Vassiarious responded before stripping down and heading for the open window.
I must be a bit ahead, Vassarious has not yet received the message.
Old 01-01-2022, 10:51 AM   #358
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"What!?" Vassarious thinks to themself... "How can they know I'm changing my shape!?!"

Vassarious calms themselves and tries once more, hoping to slip away rather than harm these creatures that are just doing their jobs, and the change starts to come. Their form starts to soften...

While Vassarious shifts, they push one of the metal shelving racks over in front of the counter and takes cover behind the register to increase the quality of the cover, and hopes to complete their change to an air elemental and sneak away.

Vassarious changes their form from a much too athletic old lady with blades on her hands into a wispy being of air.

Thadimus: "She's become that air creature again! Fire on the north and west."

The north and west entrances open, and the bird men open fire wildly, not truly aiming... V is in cover for now, but the main bulk of the room is under cover fire.

Quote:
You're breaking my causality!

Quote:
So, where am I? The bedroom?
halcyone squeezes her flexible body through the tiny crack without a sound and spies her quarry is dozing three feet away in his bed.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:44 AM   #359
the_matrix_walker

((Do a few seconds elapse, or is this simultaneous with the shapeshifting success?))

Vassarious holds their position ((Wait-Attack target if it presents itself) while they complete their change unless an opponent comes into their view. Should one of them present themselves where they can be targetted, Vassarious will throw two handfuls of blades, targetting unarmored areas, the preferred target being the weapon arm or hand if exposed.

((DWA-Throwing Art, RoF 3 per hand))

Once the change is complete, Vassarious flows into a floor vent and uses the ducts to slip out of the building and stealth away.
Old 01-01-2022, 02:09 PM   #360
TGLS

Quote:
You're breaking my causality!
Well, gotta surprise the emperor somehow.

Quote:
halcyone squeezes her flexible body through the tiny crack without a sound and spies her quarry is dozing three feet away in his bed.
I'll look around to see if he's left his wallet on a nightstand or something. Is there a desk in here, or would he have a dedicated study. I suppose he's sleeping alone? Does it look like this is the largest bedroom? I slip out into the hallway.

Quote:
[256] 22-01-01 21:06:21 GMT
Perception
3d6 <= 16
5 + 3 + 1 = 9 ... success
[256] 22-01-01 21:06:21 GMT
Perception
3d6 <= 16
5 + 3 + 1 = 9 ... success