Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-12-2016, 04:21 PM   #1
Sombreiro

Default [Enhancement Doubt] Triggered Delay Max Duration?

Hi, there! I might have misread something, but I've got a doubt about Triggered Delay. I'm building a custom spell for a Trespassing Alarm.
It works like this: The witch draws a circle with a fixed radius, and if someone steps on it, a crush attack will trigger at a wooden plank besides her bed, cracking it.
But, as I've understood, the circle's magic will never fade away until the trigger happens. I'd like to make it so that the caster needs to renew the spell once every change of moon(a week, usually).
Do you guys have any idea? Or a different way of building it?
Even in a different way of building my Trespassing Alarm, I'd like to have this doubt cleared, if possible.
Thanks in advance!
Sombreiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
McAllister

Default Re: [Enhancement Doubt] Triggered Delay Max Duration?

Do you have Powers? If so, would the Maximum Duration limitation do what you want?
McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #3
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombreiro View Post
Hi, there! I might have misread something, but I've got a doubt about Triggered Delay. I'm building a custom spell for a Trespassing Alarm.
It works like this: The witch draws a circle with a fixed radius, and if someone steps on it, a crush attack will trigger at a wooden plank besides her bed, cracking it.
But, as I've understood, the circle's magic will never fade away until the trigger happens. I'd like to make it so that the caster needs to renew the spell once every change of moon(a week, usually).
Do you guys have any idea? Or a different way of building it?
Even in a different way of building my Trespassing Alarm, I'd like to have this doubt cleared, if possible.
Thanks in advance!
You'd add Maximum Duration. So if your Delay only works for for 10 minutes it's worth an additional -50% for a +0% total.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #4
Varyon

Look at Maximum Duration (in both Powers and the Power Ups 8: Limitations). Note that any Duration greater than 12 hours is a +0% Feature. Needing to replenish your trap every week isn't enough of a drawback to justify getting points back - at best, you may be able to claim it as a Quirk.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #5
Sombreiro

Thanks :). I even thought about that, but didn't know if Triggered Delay would have a maximum duration by default. Anyway, thanks a lot for the answers!
Sombreiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delay, doubt, duration, enhancement