Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #1
Bilanthri

Default Jet + Respiratory Agent

I'm designing a set of short-ranged attacks meant to deliver a chemical respiratory agent on the breath of the user.

Breath Attack (+50%)
Jet, 0%; Respiratory Agent, 50%; No Signature, 20%; Reduced Range 5, -20%.

My question is: Does the user need to target the face with an attack like this, or would hitting center of mass leave the victim susceptible as long as they don't hold their breath?

It seems to me that the enhancement of Respiratory Agent would be diminished by the -5 to hit the face, and so not much of an enhancement after all.

And I know that Cone would be a simpler resolution, but I prefer this particular attack to be single-target.
Bilanthri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Jet + Respiratory Agent

I'd say it deserves a minor Accessibility saying it doesn't work if you hit somebody in the back, but, a shot to the chest should still splash enough that they end up inhaling.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
Bilanthri

Default Re: Jet + Respiratory Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
I'd say it deserves a minor Accessibility saying it doesn't work if you hit somebody in the back, but, a shot to the chest should still splash enough that they end up inhaling.
Ooh, I like that idea. I also thought there should be enough of a "splash" but hadn't thought about back attacks. Good call.
Bilanthri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breath, jet, respiratory agent