Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-08-2024, 04:59 AM   #11
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Saethor's Bane: Introduce folks to Powered by GURPS with a programmed solo advent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
... and now $663. Drat last-moment pledge drops!
You're there, as of now, at $21,007.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 09:56 AM   #12
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Saethor's Bane: Introduce folks to Powered by GURPS with a programmed solo advent

Everything is color now.

We passed the $21,000 goal in the night [1] so I'll be reaching out and giving the go signal (translated as a contract and money in advance) to the art team, who will mostly be revisiting their old works. A few have indicated that they're prefer to do entirely new pieces, so that's even better.

Expect this to take 1-2 months for full completion, but that's just for the print works. As soon as the conversion of the main material is done, backers will get greyscale versions of the books to play and test. When the art comes in (maps are already in) they'll be added to the color interior

I'm very excited about this, as I do prefer color and all my DFRPG books before have been color. The cards will look spectacular and be useful.

This is great news ... and there's still a day and a half left!

[1]I can't help but hear this in the voice of Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings: "Oh ... we must have passed the stretch goal during the night."

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects...umsStretchGoal
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:12 AM   #13
Varyon

Quote:
Everything is color now.
And there was much rejoicing. I also noticed that, as of posting this, the campaign has managed to pick up another $465 of funding and has managed to surpass Hall of Judgement in terms of total backers. Clearly, people are hungry for a good introductory/solo adventure.
(Also, I'd imagine this time of year is when a lot of people have a bit more disposable income on account of tax returns, which undoubtedly helps)
Old 03-08-2024, 11:53 AM   #14
UberGROG

Quote:
Everything is color now.

We passed the $21,000 goal in the night [1] so I'll be reaching out and giving the go signal (translated as a contract and money in advance) to the art team, who will mostly be revisiting their old works. A few have indicated that they're prefer to do entirely new pieces, so that's even better.

Expect this to take 1-2 months for full completion, but that's just for the print works. As soon as the conversion of the main material is done, backers will get greyscale versions of the books to play and test. When the art comes in (maps are already in) they'll be added to the color interior

I'm very excited about this, as I do prefer color and all my DFRPG books before have been color. The cards will look spectacular and be useful.

This is great news ... and there's still a day and a half left!

[1]I can't help but hear this in the voice of Wormtongue from Lord of the Rings: "Oh ... we must have passed the stretch goal during the night."

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects...umsStretchGoal
Congratulations! Of course there'll be at least one in the crowd who'll ask whether we'll get B&W as well as colour (me ;)), but I think "... backers will get greyscale versions of the books ..." answers that question :)
UberGROG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 12:17 PM   #15
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
And there was much rejoicing. I also noticed that, as of posting this, the campaign has managed to pick up another $465 of funding and has managed to surpass Hall of Judgement in terms of total backers. Clearly, people are hungry for a good introductory/solo adventure.
(Also, I'd imagine this time of year is when a lot of people have a bit more disposable income on account of tax returns, which undoubtedly helps)
Heck, my taxes wont' even be filed for a bit. I better get on that.

But yeah, I have a thermometer-graph on this that I'm throwing down in discord, twitter, and Facebook. Can't do it here.

HoJ was 525 backers
Citadel at Nordvorn was 600
Nordlond Bestiary was 685
Old-School Solo Adventures was 800 (my best-ever backer count)

The recent Sedra TFT project only came in at 430, but the others have varied between 555-608.

So this is an above average one for GURPS, and approaching the range where it's a typical TFT offering.

I do note that in order to be properly successful, Mission X will likely need to beat ALL of those.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:21 PM   #16
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberGROG View Post
Congratulations! Of course there'll be at least one in the crowd who'll ask whether we'll get B&W as well as colour (me ;)), but I think "... backers will get greyscale versions of the books ..." answers that question :)
Just to be clear on this:

No, I'm not shipping out two copies of printed material. That would be both time and money inefficient, and especially for the international crowd, two rounds of shipping would probably destroy any sort of financial sense for both the backer AND me.

I'll give the guts of the adventure and support materials in PDF regardless of colorization completion status as soon as I finish the needed work and get a few rounds of internal playtest feedback in. Hopefully that's before the end of March.

Then, as chunks of art come in, I'll periodically update the digital files. Not so frequently that it's annoying, but not "wait, wait, wait, ALL COLOR" either.

When it's all done, I'll send it to print. Hopefully any "oops, teher was a tpyo in taht parragraph" mistakes or other omissions ("why does it say roll for initiative in a GURPS product instead of check for surprise?") will be corrected by that time.
Old 03-09-2024, 10:54 AM   #17
DouglasCole

The End is Upon Us!

So this is it! The last nine hours of the campaign.

We funded in the first eight hours, crossed the substantial threshold to colorize the interior yesterday. I've already contracted out MOST of the art with the original artists, with only a few pieces remaining. So far, they're tentatively saying "end of March" which is excellent.

Overall, this has been our third-best DFRPG campaign ever. It's on part with the typical TFT campaign, and threatening to overtake Citadel at Nordvorn. I don't think we're going to break my 800-backer best-ever campaign (but you could change that, and I'm willing to be surprised!) but this one has been solid.

So come on in! Let's sneak past Nordvorn today! Those sentries need a wake-up call anyway.

Nine Hours to Go for Saethor's Bane
Old 03-09-2024, 02:53 PM   #18
UberGROG

Quote:
Just to be clear on this:
No, I'm not shipping out two copies of printed material.
Understood & happy about it. I should have clarified that I'm only interested in the PDF's, and B&W just because it'll be much smaller than the color version & easier to load.
Old 03-09-2024, 05:54 PM   #19
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberGROG View Post
Understood & happy about it. I should have clarified that I'm only interested in the PDF's, and B&W just because it'll be much smaller than the color version & easier to load.
I'd be happy to provide a B/W or light version of the PDF. The print material is ... more challenging.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:31 AM   #20
UberGROG

Quote:
I'd be happy to provide a B/W or light version of the PDF. The print material is ... more challenging.
Much appreciated, thanks!